UNOFFICIAL Yale Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by GoodMonkey
uh, no! :rolleyes: there aren't going to be any updates for a bit mr. antsy pants. i mean seriously, even if they did make their decisions and type up all the letters on friday the 14th, then mailed them out that afternoon, getting them just into the post office on time.... even then the guy down the road from their office would not have the notification yet.

however, we know that is not the case. we know they have said that they are not sending decision letters until next week. even if they're lying and they have indeed sent the letters, it will be a couple days.

now get your undies outta the knot and have some patience!

Oh... look know's talking! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

hey if you guys are so anxious about the letter, go to the magic 8 ball website and ask. it told me i'm in. :)

Originally posted by relatively prime
Oh... look know's talking! ;)

haha yeah i'm impatient. however, i do know that they are not sending out decisions yet, thus i know enough not to ask if anyone has news. i did my deed - i called, i was told after the 24th. end of story. i sit on my hands till then. :)

yes, my panties are firmly in a bunch. but i'm quiet about it and i can wait a week to start bugging people for the contents of their mailboxes. ;) :p

PICKING ON Y'ALL!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by GoodMonkey
haha yeah i'm impatient. however, i do know that they are not sending out decisions yet, thus i know enough not to ask if anyone has news. i did my deed - i called, i was told after the 24th. end of story. i sit on my hands till then. :)

yes, my panties are firmly in a bunch. but i'm quiet about it and i can wait a week to start bugging people for the contents of their mailboxes. ;) :p

PICKING ON Y'ALL!

:laugh:

from my weekly phone call to yale :D , i've learned that decisions will go out ~27th to whatever preferred mailing address u puto n your application. for most of u, this will be ur mailing address rather than ur permanent address. so far, the only school that's sent decisions to permanent address was nymc.

Hey Yogi,

Just wanted to let you all know that decisions have started to be sent. I received my waitlist today in New Haven. It was postmarked March. 19.

James

what tier are u in? i heard that they use a tier system is that tru?

YEAH ! TELL! If some were POSTMARKED 19th, then that mean speople will know before sunday! ????????????//

Holy **** - I just got an email from Dr. Silverman - I got into Yale!!! yeah!!

It seems that Richard Silverman sent congratulations to those accepted at Yale Med by email. Make sure you check. :)

Originally posted by asharma11
It seems that Richard Silverman sent congratulations to those accepted at Yale Med by email. Make sure you check. :)

congrats! was it a personalized email or a generic mass mailing? also, when did u interview?

Thanks Yogi! Sorry I didn't give any details in my earlier post - I had just gotten the email and, as we all know, an acceptance always brings frenzied activity.

Nevertheless, it was a generic email - nowhere did it say my name or anything specific about me. In it, Dr. Silverman just congratulated me for being accepted and he talked about the second look weekend and some other minor logistical details. I had interviewed the first week of November (I can't remember the date off the top of my head).

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
mass email. i was there at the end of nov. good luck everybody

Do you think they were all sent at once? In other words, should I sit here and keep refreshing my mail if I haven't gotten a message yet?

Congrats!

It did actually seem like a mass email. My had a time stamp of 5:47 pm. Is it the same one everyone else has gotten?

Now only the most crucial question remains, which is whether I got into the MD/PhD program..... (I'm not going to do MD alone).

Yea I wanna know too so I don't sit here refreshing my email. feeling a little bit worried now...

5:47, eh? When did you actually receive it? Don't e-mails usually get received almost instantaneously?

I don't mean to sound too compulsive or anything, but . . .

Originally posted by HitokiriX
Yea I wanna know too so I don't sit here refreshing my email. feeling a little bit worried now...

I think it's over... :(

Sorry, I just woke up 10 minutes ago and found it sitting in my mailbox. Only clue I have is the timestamp.
Don't mean to raise false hope, but I've gotten emails later than they were sent many times.

I truly don't know, but I wish you luck.

congrats to all sdners who have heard! and good luck to all those who haven't! the time on my email read 7:00 PM EST... so maybe it is not over for those who haven't gotten anything yet!

wait listed . . . time stamp: 7:36.

Congrats to those accepted . . . does anyone know how many are wait listed? Are any interviewees rejected?

Originally posted by stumyers
wait listed . . . time stamp: 7:36.

Congrats to those accepted . . . does anyone know how many are wait listed? Are any interviewees rejected?

Wait... you got an e-mail saying you were waitlisted?! How wierd! I hope I get one!

waitlisted. is the waitlist tiered or anything? Kinda want to know what my chances are at this point.

ok... if I didn't get an e-mail... sould I assume I've been rejected?

For those of you who got acceptance or waitlist e-mails, did your Status Page on the Admissions website say anything? Congrats to all!

Originally posted by MD-2007-Gal
For those of you who got acceptance or waitlist e-mails, did your Status Page on the Admissions website say anything? Congrats to all!

I wanted to check, but I can't find the page. It's either down, or I have the wrong URL. Can anybody give me a link?

Never mind, that was just special of me.

I found it, but the status didn't change.

i haven't gotten anything yet. maybe its by last name?

Or maybe they don't even bother to send e-mail to rejects.

::::mmmmmmmmooooooooaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn::::::

I got an email. Status page is not changed. Looks like I'll be calling in a week or two to try to find out where I stand.

Hey, Director Silverman uses Netscape 4.79.

So... when was the last e-mail sent... anyone know? Has anyone one got one in the last 15minutes?

Sorry... I'm going a little insane here.

Congrats guys....

Kreno, I will see you here next year...

:clap:

GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UMgrad, you ARE a genius. i was a little perplexed by your cryptic prediction earlier today... but now i must say, well done!
happy celebrating to all the lucky ones.

Originally posted by fava
UMgrad, you ARE a genius. i was a little perplexed by your cryptic prediction earlier today... but now i must say, well done!
happy celebrating to all the lucky ones.

Just looking out for you guys....

Originally posted by UMgrad
Just looking out for you guys....

UMgrad... you seem to have some inside scoop... what's the deal for those of us who don't have e-mails?! Are we rejected?!?

UMgrad-

Who are you, Silverman himself?

Anyway, what's the deal with the wait list? Does it move? Is it big? And really, who are you?

Thanks!

i interviewed in either late oct/early nov and didn't get anything. when i spoke to veronica, she said that decisions go out as they're made. she didn't know what determines the order of decisions--only the adcom knew. i'm guessing that if u haven't received a decision yet, either 1) you're rejected 2) you're waitlisted and the people who received emails were the ones waitlisted w/ 1st tier 3) they haven't made a decision for u yet. Let's hope its #3.

I can never have enough rejections. Hit me with your best shot.

I just received a waitlist email from the dean at 7:49 pm. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!

let's all hope that silverman was too lazy tonite and will finish the acceptance/waitlist tomorrow. even better, he's saving the personalized emails/calls for those of us who haven't heard yet. :D

Help... got the ole WL from Dick Silverman saying I am a "strong applicant" and to sit on my a$$ until June.

Is this thing gonna move, or does Yale have a constipated wait list?

I never thought I'd want to go back to New Haven so bad...

Ek, nothing for me but my roommate got a waitlist. Maybe we can hold out hope that Dick has another round of acceptances up his sleeve

Are all of the waitlist letters the same? My roommate got the "strong" word in the letter. Did everyone's letter say they're "strong"?

Yeah, according to Silverman, I'm a "strong applicant" . . . Again, kudos to the accepted and best of luck to the wait-listed . . .

Also, if you're not going to go and have gotten a spot, please give it up ASAP! I hate this uncertainty!

for those with A/WL - when did you interview? Anyone from January or Feb?

yea maybe there's another round of acceptances up his sleeve for tomorrow since they couldn't have emailed all 900+ interviewees. maybe they're also sending out decisions by chronological order? bah, maybe i should give up daydreaming. I've been waitlisted everywhere else, not like yale's gonna give me one.
they'll probably email the tier2/tier3 people tomorrow or something.

LoL premed2003, is Dick another name for Richard? Never heard of that b4

So, I just got a separate email from the director of the MD/PhD program, Dr. Jamieson, telling me the good news.

Congrats to all that are in, and keeping my fingers crossed for all SDNers who were waitlisted or haven't heard yet. ;)

man oh man.. i mean common..waitlist is torture.. ami just supposed to sit around all summer and chill? jeez...so do we know what kind of a wait list we're dealing with. tiered/random/etc/. do i need to be sending them letters, transcripts, brain tissue samples, what? :confused: