Quantcast

unrequited love

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillyfornia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
so i have been sending love letters out to my top programs but i have only been receiving lukewarm responses. i'll send out letters saying "xyz is so great...you guys have the best faculty, residents, training, research, etc. in the world...i love your program...it is one of my top choices..." and i'll receive short responses saying something like "thanks for the nice words. good luck in the match!" what's up with that? does this mean that i'm screwed for the match? :scared: or are the PDs just trying to play it cool. is anyone else getting more positive responses? or are you guys getting the same kind as me?

VolatileAgent

Livin' the dream
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
you're saying that to all of them? you little *****. :laugh: :smuggrin: :thumbup: :D

nutmegs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent a love letter to my #1, and got a love letter in return. They were touchy feely like that on interview day too, though. It's been a hot affair since the beginning.

Man, this whole boyfriend-being-away is getting to me...

Bertelman

Maverick!
Reaction score
Funny, just looking at the thread title I knew exactly what this was about. :(

I've gotten the spectrum. Good love, form-letter love, dry response love, no love. I really believe there are a number of programs out there that choose to send no love in any form. Then there are the promiscous ones -- you know who you are ;)

In my case, I like the hard-to-get ones. I hope they like me.

supahfresh

un paradis du gangster
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
these love letters are nothing more than words that give you warm fuzzies. dont let them influence you. if you love a program, but they give you a cold letter or no letter, you still are going to rank them number one, right????

i cheated on Yale last week. Went to Colorado to check out their peds fellowship. dont tell. ;)

rufio173

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just rank what you are going to rank in the order that you want it since that is supposedly the best way to go about it via the NRMP guidelines. Programs will also rank accordingly.

Although, I've been told by some programs that you should let them know that you are interested as that can affect your place on the rank list.

So... who knows what to believe.

Cheers,
John