UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharm27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to UNT for Fall 2017?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
submitted applications on 8/2

Reactions: 1 user
I recently took that July 22 PCAT exam and earned the following scores. Do you think I have a chance of getting in?

Writing - 2.5
Biological Processes - 82 percentile
Chemical Processes - 99 percentile
Critical Reading - 23 percentile
Quantitative Reasoning - 47 percentile
Composite - 77 percentile

Overall GPA (all classes from both universities): 3.167
Major (Biochemistry) GPA: 3.35
I am PTCB certified and Texas State Board of Pharmacy certified.
I have 1.5 years pharmacy experience from working at CVS pharmacy, and have over 350+ volunteering hours from church.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently took that July 22 PCAT exam and earned the following scores. Do you think I have a chance of getting in?

Writing - 2.5
Biological Processes - 82 percentile
Chemical Processes - 99 percentile
Critical Reading - 23 percentile
Quantitative Reasoning - 47 percentile
Composite - 77 percentile

I am PTCB certified and Texas State Board of Pharmacy certified.
I have 1.5 years pharmacy experience from working at CVS pharmacy, and have over 350+ volunteering hours from church.

I believe UNT focuses more on pre-req GPA, what is ur pre-req GPA?
your PCAT should be good

Pre-Req GPA: 3.14
Math/Science Pre-Req GPA: 2.89

They have to use my math and science GPA which is bad, but I have done way better in my upper level biology, and biochemistry classes and biochem electives. I never took literature so when I was filling out the Course Verification Form I had to select I have a Bachelors degree and that I wanted them to use my math and science GPA.

Plus I did not do Early Decision, since my professors have not written my letters of recommendation yet.

Pre-Req GPA: 3.14
Math/Science Pre-Req GPA: 2.89

They have to use my math and science GPA which is bad, but I have done way better in my upper level biology, and biochemistry classes and biochem electives. I never took literature so when I was filling out the Course Verification Form I had to select I have a Bachelors degree and that I wanted them to use my math and science GPA.

Plus I did not do Early Decision, since my professors have not written my letters of recommendation yet.

hmmm, if i were you i would elect to use both math/science and pre-req GPAs.
your math/science gpa does not seem very competitive

UNT returned my money order and stated that they were not collecting any fee for the course verification form.

I already submitted my course verification form. I had to select math/science pre-req because I never took a literature course.

is it okay to submit the course verification form before pharmcas? Because one of my supervisor hasn't submitted recommendation letter

is it okay to submit the course verification form before pharmcas? Because one of my supervisor hasn't submitted recommendation letter
you do not have to wait for the last letter of rec. you can submit the pharmcas without any letter of recommendation. once your supervisor submits his letter to pharmcas, the letter will automatically get transferred to whichever school you have applied to.
and it is ok to submit the course verification form before pharmcas as long as you have a pharmcas ID number

also I am retaking my exam on november because I didn't do well on the previous exam.

Math & Science GPA: 2.87 Overall GPA: 3.06 so what should my score be on the pcat to be considered? for me to be more on the safe side rather...would a composite of 60 be okay?

also I am retaking my exam on november because I didn't do well on the previous exam.

Math & Science GPA: 2.87 Overall GPA: 3.06 so what should my score be on the pcat to be considered? for me to be more on the safe side rather...would a composite of 60 be okay?
do the course verification first, it will calculate the pre-req GPA and Math&Science GPA UNT focuses on. pharmcas overall gpa and math&science gpa are not important to them. 60 PCAT is not competitive....

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the course verification form...that's where I got the GPA for the math&sCuenca and the overall one

I did the course verification form...that's where I got the GPA for the math&sCuenca and the overall one
..oh..hmmm.. what about your other stats. work experience, extra-curriculum, certificates, awards?

I have been a pharm tech for 2 years working at cvs health PBM and cvs pharmacy, I have volunteered at baylor for 2 yrs, and I currently serve (volunteer) my church as a deacon

I am also applying to UNT and I wasn't sure what I have is enough

overal pre-req GPA: 3.21
science and math. 2.89

I still have a literature class, genetics, and microbio lab to take

I have a Nutrition degree and Psychology minor and graduated with a 3.5 overall

I took my PCAT in July and got a 72 but I am planning on taking it again in October

I am a pharmacy technician at Walgreens for about 2 years

I was also in American Chemical Society and the Student Nutrition Association as well

What are my chances?

I have been a pharm tech for 2 years working at cvs health PBM and cvs pharmacy, I have volunteered at baylor for 2 yrs, and I currently serve (volunteer) my church as a deacon
I think your stats are decent.
one thing though, don't submit your pharmcas until you have the November PCAT score posted. otherwise the school would compare you to other candidates using your old PCAT score

I am also applying to UNT and I wasn't sure what I have is enough

overal pre-req GPA: 3.21
science and math. 2.89

I still have a literature class, genetics, and microbio lab to take

I have a Nutrition degree and Psychology minor and graduated with a 3.5 overall

I took my PCAT in July and got a 72 but I am planning on taking it again in October

I am a pharmacy technician at Walgreens for about 2 years

I was also in American Chemical Society and the Student Nutrition Association as well

What are my chances?
I think the overall GPA is decent
The science GPA is well above the minimum line
Having a 4-year degree definitely helps
Being a certified pharm tech adds some points to your application
Working experience earns you some brownie points
PCAT score is average

Received an interview offer today! Date is October 10, very excited! :)

Anyone applying to UNT for Fall 2017?
I took PCAT July 22 nd and applied end of July got verified first/2nd week in August and received an offer to interview This past Tuesday.. Oct 10th date!!! ExcitED!!

I already submitted my course verification form. I had to select math/science pre-req because I never took a literature course.
It might have been worth it to just take the extra class to be more competitive. I am doing that so that my gpa can be calculated with all my elective classes boosting me up a lot than with only math and science

Received an interview offer today! Date is October 10, very excited! :)

Congrats!!! May I ask what your Math and science GPA and PCAT looked like? I am also applying for this cycle and I wanted to get an idea of what they're looking for

Congrats!!! May I ask what your Math and science GPA and PCAT looked like? I am also applying for this cycle and I wanted to get an idea of what they're looking for
Used only science and math GPA, it's 2.944. It's low, but it is because UNT doesn't do grade replacements. Retook Organic Chemistry I and II, Biology I and General Chemistry II and got A's on all of em. I scored 96th percentile on the PCAT, so I think adcom saw the improving trend!
Got C's in those classes because I didn't really care for the courses the first time around, big mistake lol.

how did you guys do so well on your pcat? What did you study? Becuase I studied Dr collin's study guide with the practice test and 3 pearson practice test but all I got was a 29 composite the first time and 33 the second time. And I have the 2015/2016 version...I also have the July update

Used only science and math GPA, it's 2.944. It's low, but it is because UNT doesn't do grade replacements. Retook Organic Chemistry I and II, Biology I and General Chemistry II and got A's on all of em. I scored 96th percentile on the PCAT, so I think adcom saw the improving trend!
Got C's in those classes because I didn't really care for the courses the first time around, big mistake lol.

That's awesome!! You're going to get in :) My PCAT composite was not high
:( - 68th percentile. And my GPA is 3.33 for both math and science and overall.
So I'm trying to see what I can do to improve my overall application. Did you have any volunteer hours or pharm tech experience?
Also, how long did it take for you to get all of your transcripts mailed to PharmCAS? Did the school mail them themselves or can you mail them and pay for express delivery?

how did you guys do so well on your pcat? What did you study? Becuase I studied Dr collin's study guide with the practice test and 3 pearson practice test but all I got was a 29 composite the first time and 33 the second time. And I have the 2015/2016 version...I also have the July update

I only had a little less than a month to study for my PCAT and I didn't do so well.. But it wasn't terrible either.. Just mediocre. 68th percentile. I got dr Collins new version but I honestly think all of the versions are the same! Lol bc if I didn't understand something and the explaination was not clear, I would google it and the exact question and answer would pop up from like 2013 no joke.
What I found most useful was the PCAT official practice exams online!! A couple questions were even the same on the actual exam!

Also, how long did it take for PharmCAS to verify you?

I only had a little less than a month to study for my PCAT and I didn't do so well.. But it wasn't terrible either.. Just mediocre. 68th percentile. I got dr Collins new version but I honestly think all of the versions are the same! Lol bc if I didn't understand something and the explaination was not clear, I would google it and the exact question and answer would pop up from like 2013 no joke.
What I found most useful was the PCAT official practice exams online!! A couple questions were even the same on the actual exam!
And what kind of tactics did you use to study for it since you didn't have a long time to study

And what kind of tactics did you use to study for it since you didn't have a long time to study

I wrote out the question and answers for each question, why that was the answer as well as why the other choices were not correct. Time consuming, but it helped me remember

That's awesome!! You're going to get in :) My PCAT composite was not high
:( - 68th percentile. And my GPA is 3.33 for both math and science and overall.
So I'm trying to see what I can do to improve my overall application. Did you have any volunteer hours or pharm tech experience?
Also, how long did it take for you to get all of your transcripts mailed to PharmCAS? Did the school mail them themselves or can you mail them and pay for express delivery?

I've been a certified pharmacy tech since 2014 at both Target and Tom Thumb. It took PharmCAS 8 days to verify everything for me after they received my transcript. My university sent them the transcript themselves, I don't believe that pharmacy schools allow self mailed transcripts.

Best of luck! :D

Hi, everyone! Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle! I just submitted my PharmCAS app yesterday (9/10).

Math and science GPA: 3.5
Overall GPA: 3.7
Working as a pharm tech since beginning of this year and recently got certified

I still have to take some science pre-reqs, but I went ahead and chose to apply with all pre-reqs since my overall GPA was higher. I'm a bit worried about my PCAT though because my highest score was a 68 :( Hoping the other elements of my app will compensate for this. Standardized testing just isn't my thing.

Hi, everyone! Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle! I just submitted my PharmCAS app yesterday (9/10).

Math and science GPA: 3.5
Overall GPA: 3.7
Working as a pharm tech since beginning of this year and recently got certified

I still have to take some science pre-reqs, but I went ahead and chose to apply with all pre-reqs since my overall GPA was higher. I'm a bit worried about my PCAT though because my highest score was a 68 :( Hoping the other elements of my app will compensate for this. Standardized testing just isn't my thing.
I think you stats are fine!

Hey Everyone,

I sent my application in around the beg of Aug, and received an invite to interview 2 weeks ago.
I am doing the Oct 10th, afternoon session. Exciiited!!

My Stats:
Degree holder
3.0 gpa Math & Science
61 composite on PCAT - I hated it. Took it the first time a year ago with out micro, and A&P, made a 27 % on it. :(
7 years CPht - Hospital along with Home infusion pharmacy.

Good luck to everyone this cycle! Hope to see many of you on Oct. 10th!!

Last edited:

I was able to get my hands on some older study materials from a friend. She had Kaplan, Barons, Dr. Collins, and a PCAT cliff note book. These were all from 2011 - 2012. But, what helped me out the most was just going through the questions, and making sure I could answer all of them in the time given. Also, the PCAT this year is super heavy on Organic, and A&P, at least the test I had. I think they need to update their blue print.

Got offered an interview today for October 10th

PS Completely new to this forum

Hey Everyone,

I sent my application in around the beg of Aug, and received an invite to interview 2 weeks ago.
I am doing the Oct 10th, afternoon session. Exciiited!!

My Stats:
Degree holder
3.0 gpa Math & Science
61 composite on PCAT - I hated it. Took it the first time a year ago with out micro, and A&P, made a 27 % on it. :(
7 years CPht - Hospital along with Home infusion pharmacy.

Good luck to everyone this cycle! Hope to see many of you on Oct. 10th!!
That's my interview session as well!

Has any body chosen an evening
Interview session for October 10th yet? I'd
Love to see you guys there!

Also here are my stats

Math and Science GPA: 3.5
Overall GPA: 3.6 (I believe)
PCAT: 83 composite
Certified Pharm Tech Trainee (haven't found a hiring pharmacy yet)
Volunteer tutor and Officer of prepharmacy club

Has anyone else had an error message on UNT Fall 2017 course verification supplemental application? It keeps saying to contact system admin.

Has anyone else had an error message on UNT Fall 2017 course verification supplemental application? It keeps saying to contact system admin.
No I didn't have any problems with it

I had the problem. you can fix the problem easily by creating a new user name using a different email address

Hooray! I got an interview for October 10th and chose the afternoon session. E-submitted my PharmCAS on 9/9, got it verified on 9/22, and received interview offer on 9/23. Pretty fast.

Also, I wasn't aware of this in the beginning, but send in your application even if your recommendations aren't all in! I was stalling on my essay because I knew I still had to wait on one recommendation letter, but I really wish I would have just finished my essay earlier and submitted my app as soon as I finished it. I still got a pretty early interview date, so I guess it didn't delay me too much.

Good luck everyone!

Hooray! I got an interview for October 10th and chose the afternoon session. E-submitted my PharmCAS on 9/9, got it verified on 9/22, and received interview offer on 9/23. Pretty fast.

Also, I wasn't aware of this in the beginning, but send in your application even if your recommendations aren't all in! I was stalling on my essay because I knew I still had to wait on one recommendation letter, but I really wish I would have just finished my essay earlier and submitted my app as soon as I finished it. I still got a pretty early interview date, so I guess it didn't delay me too much.

Good luck everyone!

May I ask what your stats are?

Did anyone else take the september PCAT and is still waiting for the results to post to pharmcas?

May I ask what your stats are?

Hi! Here's my stats:

cumGPA: 3.7
math and science GPA: 3.5
PCAT: 68
8 months as a pharmacy technician

My PCAT isn't stellar, but my GPA is decent. I hope my extracurricular and volunteer hours will help compensate for it. And my interview of course.

Did anyone else take the september PCAT and is still waiting for the results to post to pharmcas?
Yes. Took PCAT first week of Sept 2016. Called Pearson and they said it usually takes approx. 5 weeks.

is UNT certified yet for pharmacy school?