UOP 2009 application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the letter said i was on the top. 3.4 gpa by pharmcas. good luck. i wish there was a number system...

Members don't see this ad.

where are you on the waitlist?

i'm somewhere in the middle... doesn't help much, lol
i interviewed mid-march, and i have an average gpa, 3.3

So they do actually tell people if they're in the middle, top or bottom?

question!

can we finish prerequisites in the summer after? like liberal art courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
yep, in the letter that they sent home after you accept being on the waitlist

Oh yeah, I saw that. I just thought they told everyone they were at the top to give us false hope. haha

After 7 agonizing months of being ON HOLD, I finally got a call from Veronica this morning saying that I got in off the waitlist! There are spaces opening up, so don't give up guys!

im sooo happppppy for you! i love hearing people getting off the wait list congrats! :D

and im still waiting =( where you on the top and when did you interview? november? k gooo celebrate =)

im sooo happppppy for you! i love hearing people getting off the wait list congrats! :D

and im still waiting =( where you on the top and when did you interview? november? k gooo celebrate =)

Thank you!!! I interviewed late November and the letter said I was at the top. I will most likely be turning it down b/c I prefer to stay in SoCal. So that opens up another spot. It's still really exciting to get off the waitlist though! I thought I'd never hear from them again. hahaha

good for the ego right LOL aww what school in socal? Loma western USC sd? I hope I can make it off the waitlist I feel like hope is very thin I wanna give up

good for the ego right LOL aww what school in socal? Loma western USC sd? I hope I can make it off the waitlist I feel like hope is very thin I wanna give up

Yes, def good for the ego. hahaha! Well, my interviewer and I had a great conversation so I was surprised that I was on hold. My confidence for later interviews was shot down so bad. So yes, it's nice that in the end UoP had a good outcome.

I'm waitlisted right now at USC (approx. in the top of the list), so I'm curious to see what happens there. But, for now I'm set on Western. Please please please don't give up! I will definitely be turning this down and I noticed you are also at the top of the list. Who knows! Maybe you're next in line!

Do you guys know if there's a medium portion on the wait list or is there just high and low?

Members don't see this ad :)
i hope you make it in USC!!! :luck: and im trying my best to find hope and to be positive. It just seem like everyone is getting off the wait list for uop and ucsd and etc and im on the waitlist. =( maybe the waiting will be more worth while when if i get in? *sigh*

jen are u a low high or medium?

Thank you Almondtea... I just got a call from Veronica yesterday, and she said I've been accepted!!! :) I'm really excited to finally be off the wait list. For those of you who are still on the wait list, there is still hope. I talked to a current pharmacy student who was accepted last year and she was on the medium wait list prior to her acceptance. She found out about her acceptance in June so, don't lose hope!

Thank you!!! I interviewed late November and the letter said I was at the top. I will most likely be turning it down b/c I prefer to stay in SoCal. So that opens up another spot. It's still really exciting to get off the waitlist though! I thought I'd never hear from them again. hahaha

wow, I've never seen anyone so happy getting off the waitlist and not going to attend there. LOL.

Thank you Almondtea... I just got a call from Veronica yesterday, and she said I've been accepted!!! :) I'm really excited to finally be off the wait list. For those of you who are still on the wait list, there is still hope. I talked to a current pharmacy student who was accepted last year and she was on the medium wait list prior to her acceptance. She found out about her acceptance in June so, don't lose hope!

Thanks you2hotforme, I hope I get into USC too!

Congratulations nclewis20!!!!

Well, dumbguy, you have to admit that it's still nice receiving an acceptance, even this late in the game! I was so sad about UoP for the longest time b/c there was a point where I did really want to go there. Sooo, yes, I was very happy to get off the waitlist b/c my interview, patience, and hard work eventually paid off (even if I decided not to go there in the end). :p

silences stArting to scare me.

UoP is still sending me correspondence and I'm going to make sure they know I have declined tomorrow. So maybe my spot hasn't been filled yet! Don't worry! It's only mid-May. A lot can still happen this summer. :luck:

lol ur gonna be the 5th person in line if i get in, imma tell lol

Hey Group!
I am in a weird situation.... I am admitted to CNCP c/o 2013, and was set on attending CNCP until UOP notified me that I was accepted.... where should I go? I will be commuting to both schools...and CNCP is closer to me than UOP...also I like how CNCP have fridays off... does anyone know if UOP's schedule is flexible...or are the days long?
I will appreciate any help...thanks :confused:

ps: I was on the waitlist and was recently notified that I was accepted to UOP! I have sent in the deposit already!

I know a bunch of people who attend UOP pharm school, it's definitely a demanding school and I don't think it's too flexible... I'm not sure of the exact schedule but I think you generally have lecture in the morning and lab in the afternoon... pharmacy basically becomes your life!!

esp in a 3 year program. i dont think there will be days off...but FOLLOW YOUR HEART! and GUT feeling! and go for it and dont look back! good luck

Yeah, our schedule is pretty rigid as far as classes go. This semester we have four classes. Usually 3 or 4 lectures in the morning and we have one afternoon lab a week. Pharmacy becomes your life for the two years you are here in the classroom.

Hey Group!
I am in a weird situation.... I am admitted to CNCP c/o 2013, and was set on attending CNCP until UOP notified me that I was accepted.... where should I go? I will be commuting to both schools...and CNCP is closer to me than UOP...also I like how CNCP have fridays off... does anyone know if UOP's schedule is flexible...or are the days long?
I will appreciate any help...thanks :confused:

ps: I was on the waitlist and was recently notified that I was accepted to UOP! I have sent in the deposit already!

congrats on the acceptance to uop!! I think if you were already set on a school, you should go for it and not second guess it all especially with such a difficult program like pharmacy, you'd rather go to a school that takes it a littleee bit easy so that everything isn't so fast paced.

Have fun choosing one! But don't wait too long that someone else waiting doesn't get a chance sooner.

Yeah, our schedule is pretty rigid as far as classes go. This semester we have four classes. Usually 3 or 4 lectures in the morning and we have one afternoon lab a week. Pharmacy becomes your life for the two years you are here in the classroom.

If you don't mind me asking, how hard is pharmacy school compared to how hard you were expecting it to be. I've heard soo many people say it's super hard, but of course it's do-able so how do you manage keeping up with everything.

Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, how hard is pharmacy school compared to how hard you were expecting it to be. I've heard soo many people say it's super hard, but of course it's do-able so how do you manage keeping up with everything.

Thanks!

Well, you know how people say high school is a joke compared to college?

Undergrad is a joke compared to pharmacy school. It's pretty hard and requires lots of studying. It is a graduate level and requires graduate level studying and tests. Some people do well, but I for sure am struggling all semester long.

Well, you know how people say high school is a joke compared to college?

Undergrad is a joke compared to pharmacy school. It's pretty hard and requires lots of studying. It is a graduate level and requires graduate level studying and tests. Some people do well, but I for sure am struggling all semester long.

thanks! yeah i did think undergrad was a joke lol but i guess you just have to give 110% to pharm school.. i will keep that in mind! you're struggling but as long as you're learning and pass is what's important :)

Hey everyone, is there anyone else like me who's still looking for housing? I don't think I'll make it to Brookside Hall (I'm like 30 something on the list). If you are, PM me and we can go through it together. I started looking on craigslist and there are some nice places off-campus. BTW I'm female and would prefer rooming with other females (sorry guys!) this year. Thankss, hope to hear from a few of you soon!

Thanks!
Pharmacy school is about how hard I was expecting it to be. It is considerably harder than undergrad, but as long as you put in the time and effort and keep up with everything, its definitely manageable. If you've gotten into pharmacy school, then they think that you have what it takes to make it.

Pharmacy school is about how hard I was expecting it to be. It is considerably harder than undergrad, but as long as you put in the time and effort and keep up with everything, its definitely manageable. If you've gotten into pharmacy school, then they think that you have what it takes to make it.

thanks! that makes sense, if they think you have what it takes then of course you must! well glad to hear it's manageable. i was just afraid of not having any time for friends or more importantly my family.

Don't give up until the class gets full. As a matter of fact, I just called the school that I am waitlisted at and was told that the class is officially full. Hope the same thing won't happen to you.

has anyone heard anything recently?? i'm tired of waiting!!

I can't do it anymore and this forum has been quiet so I take it it's full and just move on. Gluck everyone :)

It really depends from person to person how difficult they consider pharmacy school to be. Some think it's a joke and some struggle. I think it depends on your background and where you came from, did you complete a bachelors, what was your major, what undergrad did you go to, did you have to balance between work, school, extracurriculars, etc?

I don't mean to boast but I feel the program is not that demanding. I came from a UC, worked/research all throughout undergrad, so my experience/preparedness might have been different than others.

last week they called me and told me a spot became available..but when i get my packet, im probably going to decline...the school is way toooooo expensive and i got into other schools that were good and not that expensive...

those of you that just got in from the waitlist, what position were you in, like high, middle, low?? thanks :)

I'm tired of waiting for UOP. Time to toss in the towel and call it quits. If the waitlist moves, by this time probably only by a couple people at most.

PLUS I agree with PUREGENIUS83, its way to expensive compared to others school that are just as good or even better.

UOP isn't even ranked that high as a pharmacy school anyways and its located in the worse place to live in CA with the highest crime rate. Talk about scary

Alrite, I quit.

one thing that i hate about people in general: is when they dont get something they talk smack or look at the negative side of things. However, they really wanted it a few weeks ago, and now that they CANT have it, its time to talk bad about things. Didnt you wanna get ACCEPTED off the waitlist last week? Anyways, It is what it is, and EVERY pharm school has its pros and cons. I would be mad too if I wasnt accepted after all that hard work. GOOD LUCK TO YOU. =)

Has anyone contacted veronica to ask how many people have gotten off the waitlist so far?

Hey guys,

Check your email (personal or pacific), looks like we got some information on class registration...

Check out page 7 of the pdf calle "2nd mailing+reg". I wonder why they list class numbers 141, 142, 143 and 144. They seem like higher end courses, so perhaps it's a typo? If not...we'll be 10 classes this semester :laugh:

Hey guys,

Check your email (personal or pacific), looks like we got some information on class registration...

Check out page 7 of the pdf calle "2nd mailing+reg". I wonder why they list class numbers 141, 142, 143 and 144. They seem like higher end courses, so perhaps it's a typo? If not...we'll be 10 classes this semester :laugh:

Those classes are for the 2nd years.. they just put it all on the same page. :)

help with registering for class...kind of confused with all the class option/times and i just want to make sure im registered in all of the right classes...if anyone has there schedule mapped out they can post so i can just make sure mine is somewhat right...thanks!!!