UOP 2009 application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
help with registering for class...kind of confused with all the class option/times and i just want to make sure im registered in all of the right classes...if anyone has there schedule mapped out they can post so i can just make sure mine is somewhat right...thanks!!!

With all the discussion sections per lecture, there are lots of different possibilities. I believe Floriddia sent an updated schedule this morning. Use that. Just make sure you have a discussion for every lecture. I haven't mapped out my schedule yet...but i'll ge tto it soon.
Do people have different registration times? The announcement says it starts at 6pm. PUREGENIUS, did you register already?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard you guys have a LOT of classes this semester.
My friend says 6 classes? whew...

19 units.

dang.

how many did you have your first semester?

Members don't see this ad :)
With all the discussion sections per lecture, there are lots of different possibilities. I believe Floriddia sent an updated schedule this morning. Use that. Just make sure you have a discussion for every lecture. I haven't mapped out my schedule yet...but i'll ge tto it soon.
Do people have different registration times? The announcement says it starts at 6pm. PUREGENIUS, did you register already?

As far as I understand it's open season as of 6pm (and the 113 discussion sections -70 and -71 were filled up instantly). Do yourselves a favor and really use that last updated schedule the Dean sent out. I didn't look close enough at any of the updates and spent 10 very frustrated minutes trying to figure out why the heck it kept telling me my discussions were conflicting with each other when I was using the colored chart they sent out the first time.

Helpful hint: Put in your CRN for the lecture and disc/lab at the same time, it won't let you register for one without the other.

As for how you setup your schedule, that's up to you. You register for all the lectures and one lab/disc for each. I chose to put two each on Tues/Thurs so I could have Wed/Fri afternoons off. You can pick to just do one each day, one day with two and two days with one, whatever you want (or whatever is left depending on how long you wait to register).

aznkukuboi, yeah, 19 units.. but it looks like the only "hard" science is the Molec/Cell Biochem class? It's just a lot of time in the classroom (I'll be eating these words when one of those classes turns out to kick my butt, I'm sure).

is anyone having trouble with the insidepacific webpage?

I was able to log in and go into the Academic tab, but it will not let me access any link under Student Services, including the registration link. I kept getting "the page is not responding" error message. Does anyone know what's going on?

I don't know if it's just me but when I look at my schedule grid there aren't any classes under Monday (I definitely added all the classes). Also, under the listed courses with time conflicts I have 2 discussions but the times definitely don't conflict. Anyone? :confused:

I don't know if it's just me but when I look at my schedule grid there aren't any classes under Monday (I definitely added all the classes). Also, under the listed courses with time conflicts I have 2 discussions but the times definitely don't conflict. Anyone? :confused:

I get this same error. This might have somethign to do with all the scheduling changes in recent days. But i dont know for sure. On my "add/drop" page, it lists all the classes that i asked for with no "time conflict" error messages.

I get this same error. This might have somethign to do with all the scheduling changes in recent days. But i dont know for sure. On my "add/drop" page, it lists all the classes that i asked for with no "time conflict" error messages.

Isn't it a little weird that there's a 112 lab on Monday yet no one will be able to take it since 113 & 115 disc are only available on Monday? I hope they're still working out time conflicts!

Last edited:

Same error here...I think the "add/drop" page is the most reliable for us to look at right now. The grid page seems erroneous for everyone...ah well. I'm sure the IT people are working on it...

Isn't it a little weird that there's a 112 lab on Monday yet no one will be able to take it since 113 & 115 disc are only available on Monday? I hope they're still working out time conflicts!

Bella,

Are you looking at the most current registration form that was sent out this morning to our email?

Bella,

Are you looking at the most current registration form that was sent out this morning to our email?

Yeah I am, the title of the form was revised on todays date. Is there something that I'm missing? 115 disc is TBA on Monday so I'm assuming it'll be right after 113 disc, leaving no room for 112 lab.

Yea, thats strange......????

Members don't see this ad :)
how many did you have your first semester?

We had 5.

The hardest class I think is MCB.

Everything else is probably toned down and more based towards drug dosing, math, and stuff like that.

Oh yea, UOP always has trouble with internet and e-mail and everything. You come to have low expectations for these sort of things. Also, they like to just screw people over in general about tiny things. When they shut down hot water for a day, it was not pleasant.

I wish you guys the best of luck!

Last edited:
Yeah I am, the title of the form was revised on todays date. Is there something that I'm missing? 115 disc is TBA on Monday so I'm assuming it'll be right after 113 disc, leaving no room for 112 lab.

Yea . . . I think it's just a mistake

Don't worry, the Monday classes are there. Just go to the grid page and put in a different date like 09/01/2009 and the Monday classes will show up. I don't know why it doesn't show up for Aug 24 ... but it will when you change the date. I'm also getting three discussions with time conflicts too but I don't think it should be a problem because if there were conflicts I would assume that the system would not allow us to add a course that would conflict with another one.

Don't worry, the Monday classes are there. Just go to the grid page and put in a different date like 09/01/2009 and the Monday classes will show up. I don't know why it doesn't show up for Aug 24 ... but it will when you change the date. I'm also getting three discussions with time conflicts too but I don't think it should be a problem because if there were conflicts I would assume that the system would not allow us to add a course that would conflict with another one.
We had some time conflict error messages last year as well. Don't worry too much about it. If you are registered for all the classes, you are fine. Also, usually, the system will not let you register for a discussion if you aren't registered for lecture and vice versa. So if you have all of your lectures, then you should have all of the labs/discussion sections as well.

I was wondering if any of you guys have gotten your health and immunization forms? I have not received anything regarding that. Thanks.

I was wondering if any of you guys have gotten your health and immunization forms? I have not received anything regarding that. Thanks.

A lot of us got them a month or two ago, and the admissions packet that followed contained a green paper that said something like "this is your reminder to get your health forms done". If you call the school I'm sure they can send you the packet.

Thanks kismet! Can you tell me if these are the forms you've received?

http://web.pacific.edu/x7291.xml ---> click on:
2009-2010 Undergraduate Packet

I just want to make sure. Thanks again.

A lot of us got them a month or two ago, and the admissions packet that followed contained a green paper that said something like "this is your reminder to get your health forms done". If you call the school I'm sure they can send you the packet.

I just got my bill for next semester.

$22k!!
I live in the dorms though.

I go to this school. It's pretty bad in terms of organization and curriculum. You would think that after 50 years, they would know what they're doing. I don't think they learn from their mistakes, or maybe they don't really care.

Oh well, it's just another three years of academia.

Its true. More units for incoming grads to UOP, but more emphasis on pharmacy related experience. The killer part is just the schedule really...which I probably won't mind if I don't need to study as much. The school increased their estimated cost of living (from 10,800 / yr to 13,800 / yr). There is still a course with a TBA on Monday, so I hope you guys left a 2-3 hour time slot free for that day...the teacher will probably be very flexible with it considering the changes they kept bouncing around...I purposefully left a gap in the day so I could fill it with that discussion.

What a previous poster said about Grid Day and Time schedule is true, its sposed to be used for a week by week basis...so if you want to see a example outline of your courses you'd have to switch the date to a week where you'd be in school.

If you are receiving the time conflict error for some of your discussions I wouldn't be alarmed, its just that the school (typical) messed up and double enrolled some of the discussions...

Also a word of caution to any people who like to put things off t'll the last minute: (i.e. turning in financial aid, immunizations etc). School administration tends to be very difficult to deal with. Do it as soon as you can before the due dates because errors often pop up and the school will probably blame you for it (undergrad experience). Make sure you have a copy of everything because the school has been known to "lose" the paperwork. Of course I am only talking about my entire experience from the undergrad, but I have heard some pretty bad things from friends in grad too.

I have the time conflict messages too. I sent an email about it when I noticed but they never really got back to me after saying they'd look into it, so I don't think it's a legitimate problem. :)

Sooooo...registered, financial aid taken care of, now I just need to do my health stuff and I think I'm good to go.

if you sent the email to the registrars office i wouldn't be surprised if they sent you a reply back at the beginning of the semester where it doesn't matter anymore

So i just got a call from Veronica offering me a spot for the class of 2012...but is it too late to get housing near the campus or actually in a dorm room?

thanks.

So i just got a call from Veronica offering me a spot for the class of 2012...but is it too late to get housing near the campus or actually in a dorm room?

thanks.

Stockton is pretty big, and you are in the middle of Pershing and Pacific, you'll be able to find an off-campus apartment pretty easily. I don't know anything about your financial situation so I'm just giving you general information.

I believe, within a reasonable confidence interval, you'll be able to find an apartment just fine. A lot of those complexes, even the nicer ones, have year-round leasing.

If anyone is an entering 2009 student and still does not have a roommate.. I am looking for one!!! i'm female...so preferably a female.

Ok thanks.
=]

from what I heard theres still space in brookside if you want to live on campus (very expensive, but furnished, close to classes etc.)...a lot of inhouse students are pissed off at housing at a stunt they pulled earlier this year so its no surprise theres space...

off campus housing there are plenty of places available...just a matter of how far u want to travel(with a car) how much you want to spend etc. its still pretty expensive...but not so bad as living on campus...best bet would be to get a single room apt with a roommate or something since i think its too late to find a group of people renting a house

oh...and my gf and i looked at a lot of places before we settled down for an apt a few months ago...if you need any info on a place in particular feel free to PM me or ask me here

thanks.

Congratulations!! Where were you on the waitlist?

how much is on campus living?

It was raised from $10,800 to $13,800 / yr (change made this year). Of course, this is assuming you live in brookside...and the meal plan you get. If possible, get the smallest meal plan possible unless you got really got fin aid or are really lazy to cook. The meal plan really blows, its basically you pay money...which converts into "meal money" (the actual meal money used to be below what you actually paid for too) and then you use it to buy food that tastes (~70%) like crap and is also pretty pricey. If you are a health nut or a vegetarian get the smallest meal plan possible, there are not many options in the cafeteria/pub for you. The only good thing is if you're craving beer or wine you can at least spend your meal plan bucks on that...its actually not that bad of a price...

That includes extra crap, though, doesn't it? I'm applying for Fall 2010, but I am going to be staying with my family in Gotha--err--Stockton during the week so I hope I can dodge that bullet.

It comes with internet, basic cable (~70 channels), housing repairs (if its not your fault), water, trash etc. The school nickle and dimes you on the meal plan and other things you will probably not use/go to (i.e. mandatory gym fee)

It comes with internet, basic cable (~70 channels), housing repairs (if its not your fault), water, trash etc. The school nickle and dimes you on the meal plan and other things you will probably not use/go to (i.e. mandatory gym fee)

I take it you're at Pacific now then - If I am living in Spanos Park with my family during the week to save on costs (They still have my old room from when I left for college the first time, awwww <3), I can waive out of that extraneous $13,980/year fee and the nickle-and-diming?

Hopefully it's moot and I get into UCSF, but you never know.

Yeah, I was in the prepharm program at Pacific.
The ~$13,800 won't apply to you if your living off campus...especially rent-free!! But still consider food and stuff like that. Last I heard the school doesn't charge the Gym Fee and Health Fees to off campus students, but the school has always been fickle and tricky to deal with. From experience, the school will always try to find a way to get money out of you...it preys on your procastination and lack of attention to detail. Granted, most of the stuff comes only to a few hundred a semester (for all those extra damn fees) but who wants to pay for crap you're not going to use.

Oh and just because you don't have a meal plan doesn't mean you can't buy meals on campus. You can still deposit money onto your ID card and use it, or just pay in cash...(I recommend just depositing like 200-300 a semester as you don't get taxed when you use your ID card). You can add money to your account whenever and the money will roll over to the next semester if unused (unlike the meal plan).

Oh, sorry if I indicated I didn't. I'm still at Pacific...I'm just got into Pharm School there now is all :) I don't have to call myself a pre-pharm anymore

Oh, sorry if I indicated I didn't. I'm still at Pacific...I'm just got into Pharm School there now is all :) I don't have to call myself a pre-pharm anymore

Gotcha, now I'm trackin'.

Good to know I might be able to save some dough by living off-campus. I know what I'm getting into, though, regardless. A big pile o' debt.

Yeah, you can save wads if you live off campus (even if it wasn't rent free). The extra money i'm saving is going towards stuff like upgrading my computer (in a few years probably) and buying better food to cook with. Now if only costco was closer to campus...then I could go eat a hotdog and drink for $1.50 every day.

Yeah, you can save wads if you live off campus (even if it wasn't rent free). The extra money i'm saving is going towards stuff like upgrading my computer (in a few years probably) and buying better food to cook with. Now if only costco was closer to campus...then I could go eat a hotdog and drink for $1.50 every day.

When I lived in Stockton going to Delta (Good lord, so long ago!) there was a REALLY good Persian restaurant near UoP, albeit past D'Alonso Field and more into Alpine. Still an easy 3 minute drive/10 minute walk if you avoid the drive-by.

Anyway, my parents hardly live there any more, since they're both retired and doing the "bucket list" thing (Like seeing pyramids, visiting Athens, etc). So definitely free of charge.

mmm sounds good...a lot of restaurants got shutdown this past year though...economy was really bad for 'em i think