UOP 2019 Pre-Dental Advantage Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bayarea613

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a few questions in regards to the UOP Dental Advantage Program for HS students... I would appreciate any input, thanks

I'm interested in the 3+3 program. I've seen posts on here of people complaining the 3+3 and 2+3 are too hard or too big of a workload considering the amount of science classes, so If I could get any thoughts on that.
I'm a sophomore in HS but will most likely be graduating Junior year. I'm not in a rush, but I'm doing independent study which allowed me to finish more at a faster pace. Before you ask, I'm not antisocial
, I just didn't feel challenged and didn't have any work to do during my Freshman yr.

So far, my Academic nonweighted GPA is 3.78, weighted is 3.9
I'm taking Anatomy & Physiology in a community college rn, and I should receive a B. I will also be taking a couple of other classes including Trigonometry, Physics, and Psychology. I might also retake Algebra 2, I'm taking it in my hs rn, but I want to master it. Is Physics needed for dentistry or just recommended?

My rank is 1 out of 32 in my grade; when I was in a regular high school i was around 2-300 out of almost 1,000 .

I would be applying to UOP this November hopefully so I have a few questions.
If I get above a 1210 (minimum score for 3+4) or 1350 (3+3), do you think I have a chance in getting in?

I will be taking my SAT in August, and I read the max to submit is January.

As for extracurriculars, I need help.. I will be starting kickboxing, and I like going to the gym. For community service and volunteering, how many hours should I aim for and what do you suggest me to do. I was thinking volunteering at a Dentist's office, and helping out in a Middle School's after school program. Also, I'm the Spirit and Leadership club secretary.

1.) Do I have a chance of getting in?
2.) Comm. service
3.) Do you need to take Physics?
4.) If you take college classes in HS, are you considered a transfer or freshman?
5.) When do you find out if you got accepted, and what's the interview like?
6.) Would you recommend the 6 or 7yr? Based on workload.

Sorry for writing too much, any help is appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Also, there is a chance in the Fall I will be taking a Dental Assisting course, where I'll learn a lot about teeth. That would make a difference wouldn't it, because I'd have more exposure etc...