UOP alternate list group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NileBDS

SDNator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends.
Similar to some of you, I have been fortunate enough to have been placed on the alternate list at University of the Pacific.
Since this process may take as long as 6 months, I thought we might as well start a new thread for it.
I was wondering about the security deposit which they required from us. Did they actually "cash" the deposit you gave them (credit card or check) either from your bank account or credit card ? And if so, when did they ? I think this will be helpful in determining if they deposit the check upon receipt, or just hold it without processing untill you get accepted.
Thanks in advance, I appreciate your input.
I think these forums are great.
Best luck to ALL !

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what the deadline for accepted UOP applicants to remit their enrollment deposit is ?
I think the best time for the Pacific to go inot the waiting list would be after that deadline is met. Thats when they will know how many waitlist applicants they wil l initially need.
Thanks.

In the letter says last week was the deadline. My check was already cash. But I dont think it will give us an idea about what is happening or it does?
Was yours already cashed?
Also for what everybody says looks like if UOP will start call people after 4 or 5 months why do you think that ? On the interview day one guy said also they called him at the very end I dont know when.
Please if someone is called post it so we can know if we still have chances or no...Do you know approximately how many enter from the waiting list?

Members don't see this ad :)
In the letter says last week was the deadline. My check was already cash. But I dont think it will give us an idea about what is happening or it does?
Was yours already cashed?
Also for what everybody says looks like if UOP will start call people after 4 or 5 months why do you think that ? On the interview day one guy said also they called him at the very end I dont know when.
Please if someone is called post it so we can know if we still have chances or no...Do you know approximately how many enter from the waiting list?

My check has been cashed already, yes. But just this week.
They will start to call people as soon as the original accepted applicants fail to secure their deposits or decline the acceptance offer. It's pending supply and demand. No pre-set number really

I sent check 12/12 , cashed 12/23 , when did you send it maybe later?
They can also cash all the checks and then after the 5 months of waiting return it...right?

NileBDS said:
My check has been cashed already, yes. But just this week.
They will start to call people as soon as the original accepted applicants fail to secure their deposits or decline the acceptance offer. It's pending supply and demand. No pre-set number really

any movement in UOP alternate list? :(

yasi said:
any movement in UOP alternate list? :(
No news here ... I heard from other people who have called UOP that we should expect some "shaking up" of the waitlist near the april deadline of the 2nd deposit required from those who got acceptance letters.

Does anyone know how much is the 2nd deposit??
and what is the date to pay up for that? :confused:

NileBDS said:
No news here ... I heard from other people who have called UOP that we should expect some "shaking up" of the waitlist near the april deadline of the 2nd deposit required from those who got acceptance letters.

Gaura Nitai said:
Does anyone know how much is the 2nd deposit??
and what is the date to pay up for that? :confused:

I think it's going to be around $4000, deadline not decided yet, sometime in April

pinkdiamond said:
Hey nile just to let you know pdp16 sent me a message saying she got call last week to uop.....the list is moving .....do you know something else.....keep in touch....
Nothing here. Sorry to say that.
I guess there maybe some people here and there declining their acceptance at UOP, now that UPENN and BU are sending out some more acceptance letters, as are other schools. In that event, there may be a small window of opportunity for some of us "waitlisters" to be called for acceptance.
Other than that, I would say that whoever falls in the top 5 seats in the current (updated) alternate list at UOP, just might get that lucky call sometime in April, when the second deposit is required of accepted applicants.
The second deposit is a big one (something in the neighborhood of $4,000). I don't think anyone who has been accepted elsewhere would be willing to pay that much money "just in case".
If I have any other info, I will post it here for sure.
Hang in there ...
Good luck !

did any one hear about any movement ? the last movement came on to the name of pdp16?
do you know any one who prefer to go BU oy UPENN after all?
:luck:

Congrats mogembo on your UoP acceptance!!!Sunny San Francisco calling you!!! Truly a well deserved achievement. :thumbup:

rahmed

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Sheriff

Good luck with being waitlisted. Hope you'll get in. :D :luck:

congrats,nile!i didnot know abt that!all the best! :thumbup:
NileBDS said:
Nothing here. Sorry to say that.
I guess there maybe some people here and there declining their acceptance at UOP, now that UPENN and BU are sending out some more acceptance letters, as are other schools. In that event, there may be a small window of opportunity for some of us "waitlisters" to be called for acceptance.
Other than that, I would say that whoever falls in the top 5 seats in the current (updated) alternate list at UOP, just might get that lucky call sometime in April, when the second deposit is required of accepted applicants.
The second deposit is a big one (something in the neighborhood of $4,000). I don't think anyone who has been accepted elsewhere would be willing to pay that much money "just in case".
If I have any other info, I will post it here for sure.
Hang in there ...
Good luck !

it seems that there is no movement!!!!
how can we find who are on top five alternate list?
:luck: :luck:

fido! said:
congrats,nile!i didnot know abt that!all the best! :thumbup:
Sorry to dissapoint you Prady buddy, but "it wasn't me" !!!!!!!1
Unless someone knows something I don't ? lol
Someone was saying congrats to "mogembo", then cheer_up said that she wishes I get in. Anyways, scroll up a couple of messages and you'll see what I mean.
I really hope that I get in soon .... It is very frustrating studying for part I again, you guys have no idea !
Alos, how did your interview at Minnesota go ? I've been secretly reading your posts (lol) but thought I would ask you directly ... Good luck in Buffalo too !! (See, I know) brrrrrrrrr
PS: Are you MOD yet ? Come on, we want to celebrate ...

cheer_up said:
Hey Sheriff

Good luck with being waitlisted. Hope you'll get in. :D :luck:
Hey Maria !
You're a sweet heart. Thanks for the wishes ...
I hope they come true one day ! I am doing my best (patiently waiting). SIGH !
How have you been ? I hope you are feeling better ...
PS: Sherif with one F. lol. I'm not the Sheriff Sheriff. Just Sherif. :p
Good luck ...

NileBDS said:
Hey Maria !
You're a sweet heart. Thanks for the wishes ...
I hope they come true one day ! I am doing my best (patiently waiting). SIGH !
How have you been ? I hope you are feeling better ...
PS: Sherif with one F. lol. I'm not the Sheriff Sheriff. Just Sherif. :p
Good luck ...

Hey Sherif

Nice to hear from you again. You always make me laugh in one way or another....thanks, buddy :D. Oops...didn't realize I made that mistake. You know, the first time your saw your name, I thought to myself "Sheriff"? Hmm...is he actually a sheriff or is that just his name? Then I looked at it again, and it said "Sherif" with only one 'f". Then I thought that it made more sense :laugh:
I'm back to normal now healthwise. Thanks for asking.
Man, you've got a lot going for yourself at the moment, eh? With studying for your MBA and taking your dental hygiene exam....you've got a lot on your plate. Man, you make me feel so unproductive.....geez, thanks a lot ;) ...just kidding. :smuggrin:
I know what you mean by re-preparing for Part I. It's just hell, I think. If I don't get into UMN, most likely I'll have to retake the damn thing again. :rolleyes: So I feel your pain. I'll be getting my results soon....just so extremely nervous.

fido! said:
mogembo was on alternate list and received the offer two days ago.

that's correct.

rahmed said:
that's correct.
it's good news,so the movement probably is beginning!!!!
no idea about how can we find our place on alternate????

cheer_up said:
Hey Sherif

Nice to hear from you again. You always make me laugh in one way or another....thanks, buddy :D. Oops...didn't realize I made that mistake. You know, the first time your saw your name, I thought to myself "Sheriff"? Hmm...is he actually a sheriff or is that just his name? Then I looked at it again, and it said "Sherif" with only one 'f". Then I thought that it made more sense :laugh:
I'm back to normal now healthwise. Thanks for asking.
Man, you've got a lot going for yourself at the moment, eh? With studying for your MBA and taking your dental hygiene exam....you've got a lot on your plate. Man, you make me feel so unproductive.....geez, thanks a lot ;) ...just kidding. :smuggrin:
I know what you mean by re-preparing for Part I. It's just hell, I think. If I don't get into UMN, most likely I'll have to retake the damn thing again. :rolleyes: So I feel your pain. I'll be getting my results soon....just so extremely nervous.
Maria oh Maria !
How are you, and how have you been ? I hope all is well on your part ... :)
But yeah, just like I told Calalily, if you spell my name with 2 F's again (SheriFF), you will leave me no choice but to put you under arrest, and your friends might even see you on the TV show "COPS" saturday night ! lol
I'll let you go with a warning this time ...
But yeah, I'm glad to hear that your are feeling better, and more healthy. WELCOME BACK !
About my "juggling" my future, I wouldn't be very impressed. I mean, I can barely find time to study for part I, and the hygiene exam really needs minimal preparation. So basically what it boils down to is my MBA, and some NBDE study here and there. I also have to mention that putting my part I studying next to my MBA studying has given me a tremendous boost to study for the MBA. I just think to myself, ok ... it's either Microbiology or Organizational behaviour. The choice is obvious, and the decision is very easy to take. Then at the end of the week, I have accomplished 20 something pages in the NBDE, as opposed to 200 on my MBA.
Anyways, why am I waisting your time with my problems. lol Just wish me luck !
As always, great to know that you're doing good ... keep the great posts coming !
See you on Cops ... :p ... GOOD LUCK !

NileBDS said:
Maria oh Maria !
How are you, and how have you been ? I hope all is well on your part ... :)
But yeah, just like I told Calalily, if you spell my name with 2 F's again (SheriFF), you will leave me no choice but to put you under arrest, and your friends might even see you on the TV show "COPS" saturday night ! lol
I'll let you go with a warning this time ...
But yeah, I'm glad to hear that your are feeling better, and more healthy. WELCOME BACK !
About my "juggling" my future, I wouldn't be very impressed. I mean, I can barely find time to study for part I, and the hygiene exam really needs minimal preparation. So basically what it boils down to is my MBA, and some NBDE study here and there. I also have to mention that putting my part I studying next to my MBA studying has given me a tremendous boost to study for the MBA. I just think to myself, ok ... it's either Microbiology or Organizational behaviour. The choice is obvious, and the decision is very easy to take. Then at the end of the week, I have accomplished 20 something pages in the NBDE, as opposed to 200 on my MBA.
Anyways, why am I waisting your time with my problems. lol Just wish me luck !
As always, great to know that you're doing good ... keep the great posts coming !
See you on Cops ... :p ... GOOD LUCK !

Hey Sherif

I'm good and how are YOU doing... Mr. Busy Bee? :smuggrin:
Don't worry, you're not wasting my time at all :p
As a friendly and caring advice, I think you should try to put more time into your part I preparation. I know it's damn boring and tortorous (at least to me anyway), but the competition is ridiculously getting tougher by the day :rolleyes: and the longer you leave aside studying for it, I think the harder it is to absorb the material and do well. So I think it's best that you try to put in more effort to get a great score as soon as possible so that you'll have a greater chance of getting in. I think getting into an Advanced Standing Program is ultimately what you want the most, right? So, putting more effort into it really matters. It's great that you're doing an MBA, but don't let your preparation for part I slide.
Best of luck with everything you do. :D

no news about movement on alternate list?
it seems two people from alternate have got a call so far....

Hey guys !
I got a call from Pat King this morning @ the Pacific ...
They offered me a position in the UOP class of 2008 !
Going to California BABY !
Good Luck to all waitlisters ... work and you shall succeed :thumbup:

NileBDS said:
Hey guys !
Hi NileBDS
Congratulations on your acceptance and Gool Luck

NileBDS said:
Hey guys !

Hey Sherif

I am just really, really, really happy for you. Congratulations. :clap: :clap: :thumbup: Your excruciating wait has finally paid off. Wish you all the very best for dental school and your other future endeavours. I am so glad that your stats prove many people here wrong....that you DON'T ALWAYS need a crazy high score for the school to see your potential and suitability for their program. Your acceptance indeed gives me a lot of hope. Hope the same will happen to me at Minnesota. :p

cheer_up said:
Hey Sherif

I am just really, really, really happy for you. Congratulations. :clap: :clap: :thumbup: Your excruciating wait has finally paid off. Wish you all the very best for dental school and your other future endeavours. I am so glad that your stats prove many people here wrong....that you don't need a high score for the school to see your potential and suitability for their program. Your acceptance indeed gives me a lot of hope. Hope the same will happen to me at Minnesota. :p
Hey Maria !
Very well said ! Thanks for the endless encouragement. Your advice has always been sincere.
I wouldn't call my wait excruciating though (although it definitely felt that way !), it was my first time applying to UOP, and my second round of applications in all.
You are a very dear friend. You are a special person, and we need more of your likes around ! ALL THE TIME !
GOOD LUCK IN MINNESOTA !

NileBDS said:
Hey guys !

Hello my Egyptian friend,

This is a brilliant piece of news. Congrats! Yes you proved stats are not be all....I am really happy for you! Go busk in Fresco sun. I am jealous!

rahmed

rahmed said:
Hello my Egyptian friend,

This is a brilliant piece of news. Congrats! Yes you proved stats are not be all....I am really happy for you! Go busk in Fresco sun. I am jealous!

rahmed
Hey RAHMED !
Thanks buddy.
I really appreciate your sincere feelings.
ALL THE BEST AT NYU ! I am sure that you are now put on a fast track for sure success !

Nile did it !!!!!
Party time!!!!!!

hey nilebds congratulations.

hey nilebds
congratulations!!!! very happy for u

NileBDS said:
Acceptances never seem to get old !
THANKS A LOT GUYS ! COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT ! :clap:
congrats nile!!! wishing u the very best in the future!!!

dr_mini said:
hey nilebds
congratulations!!!! very happy for u
Thanks Dr Mini.
How have you been ? I hope you and your family are doing ok.
Are you applying to Colorado this year ? I promise to cancel my interview there (as soon as I get it) inorder to make for room and opportunity for other applicants.
Good Luck !

NileBDS said:
Thanks Dr Mini.
How have you been ? I hope you and your family are doing ok.
Are you applying to Colorado this year ? I promise to cancel my interview there (as soon as I get it) inorder to make for room and opportunity for other applicants.
Good Luck !

hi nilebds,
i am doing good .........just tensed about the admissions .
i am waitlisted at bu
applied to colorado this year
enjoy urself and have a blast !!!!!!!!!!!!!! really very happy for u
dr mini

dr_mini said:
hi nilebds,

i am doing good .........just tensed about the admissions .
i am waitlisted at bu
applied to colorado this year
enjoy urself and have a blast !!!!!!!!!!!!!! really very happy for u
dr mini
hai
i would like to know if u r the same mini i knew from atlanta,u stayed at pleasant hill,then please pm me.sorry if its someoneelse.

Hey NileBDS,
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
So, you were the lucky one. I guess we just have to wait and see if any one esle can get lucky. Enjoy your success!!!

any new movement on alternate list this week? :)

any news??!! :)

Well, no news here, but the deadline for the 2nd deposit is due soon, April 4th, and if there are any accepted applicants who are not serious about Pacific, they will probably back out around this date. Good luck.

yasi said:
any news??!! :)

Thank you kilani for your information :luck: