UoP and HPSP ?!?! Army, Navy, AF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FavColorBlue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I am trying to get a super straight answer which has proven very difficult. HPSP recruiters dont even know half the time! This is in regards to Navy, Army, and Air Force. Which ones do a year for year payback for UoP??? In other words, 3 years at UoP for 3 years active duty.... All?? some? please specify and let me know of your sources . THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, I am trying to get a super straight answer which has proven very difficult. HPSP recruiters dont even know half the time! This is in regards to Navy, Army, and Air Force. Which ones do a year for year payback for UoP??? In other words, 3 years at UoP for 3 years active duty.... All?? some? please specify and let me know of your sources . THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!

All of them do. 1yr for 1yr is standard for all HPSP scholarships. The difficult thing for UOP is that you need a 3yr scholarship, which is hard to come by. Most 3yr scholarships are given out when the new fiscal year begins in October, and they are usually given out to 1st year dental students while a new applicant waits for acceptance in December.

navy has started a seperate hpsp for uop....to my knowlege, they are the only one that does that

Members don't see this ad :)
navy has started a seperate hpsp for uop....to my knowlege, they are the only one that does that

Yes if my recruiter had his info right that's correct. I'm currently one of three Navy HPSP students at UOP in my year. We all have a 1-1 payback. If you want any other info feel free to ask.

@Logoff. Yes I would love more information. It has been super hard to get ahold of an hasp recruiter from the navy that knows about this. Do you have information of the recruiter you workd with? I would love that. As well, what would be my chances of getting the HPSP scholarship? 3.78 GPA 22AA 23TS 25PAT and no medical/criminal issues whatsoever. Is it a pretty competitive thing (compared with AF or Army)? If you could get me your recruiters information that would make my life super easy. THANK YOU. Plus I have an interview at UoP next thursday (oct 10) so maybe we can get together and talk if that would be okay with you???

@Logoff. Yes I would love more information. It has been super hard to get ahold of an hasp recruiter from the navy that knows about this. Do you have information of the recruiter you workd with? I would love that. As well, what would be my chances of getting the HPSP scholarship? 3.78 GPA 22AA 23TS 25PAT and no medical/criminal issues whatsoever. Is it a pretty competitive thing (compared with AF or Army)? If you could get me your recruiters information that would make my life super easy. THANK YOU. Plus I have an interview at UoP next thursday (oct 10) so maybe we can get together and talk if that would be okay with you???
I'm one of the 3 Navy HPSP students at UOP too. Haha I think I know who Log Off is... :)
It's competitive but you will get it if you apply early. That is key! If you meet the minimum qualifications to obtain the scholarship and apply early you will get it. This is also highly dependent on the recruiter you have to help you! Get your paperwork done early because processing takes a while. PM me for details.

EDIT: Congrats on the interview! You're in for sure!

quick question I just wanted to get a straight answer on:

For the Navy, do they "convert" a 4 year HPSP to a 3 year HPSP for UOP students? I was told different things by different Navy recruiters so I'm not sure what to believe.

man..I feel like applying for this scholarship was HARDER than applying for dental school. I feel pretty bad for my recruiters too. They have to go through so much leg work just to try and figure out exactly what's going on too sometimes...No wonder I've heard recruiting was a pretty stressful job