Uop Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATMATT

SISU
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be interviewing at UOP in December. Any info or experiences of the area and interview day would be helpful (hotels, parking, interview questions, lunch menu, etc.)

I have read that UOP interview means you have a high chance of acceptance, anyone know the accepted/interview ratio & the cost? The 39th ed. of ADEA's Dental Guide says tuition + living + other costs totals $225,643 for 4 years. I know they have a 3 year curriculum, so I am not sure what the deal is.

THANKS,

Matt

Members don't see this ad.

Hey DATMATT
I heard the interview is like a conversation and easy... so don't worry u'll be fine.... the ratio i think they interview around 200 some and they accept 150.... but they want u if u got an interview this early....hey when did u recieve the interview invite? through mail or phone call? i'm still waiting for them....
anyway good luck!

They called me last week and gave me 3 dates topick from. Two Thursdays & 1 Monday. They are going to send me some more info so hopefully I can make plans when that arrives.

Matt

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I just had my UOP interview. The actual interview part was no problem. My interviewer didn't ask me much, not even why I want to be a dentist. He was a really nice guy and told me lots of stories about himself and the school. The rest of the interview day was very good. I talked to lots of the students who said they loved it there. So to anybody else who has an interview there, just relax! :p

Still haven't heard anything from uop i'm getting really frustrated!!!!!!!!+pissed+
what is taking them sooo long?? it's been 7 weeks since they've started reviewing my file...

Hey Star Babe (and others waiting on UOP)

Here's a little known secret about UOP that may help you out. UOP really likes applicants that go the extra mile to show interest in their school. What do I mean by that? If you're close enough to SF and UOP is one of your top choices like it is for me, I suggest you make a visit to the school just to "check it out". Don't call them or anything. Just drop by the admissions office on the 2nd floor to get acquainted with the people that handle your application. The staff there is extremely nice and helpful. Your hope is that they'll remember your name. In my case they did. I made a random visit to the school in early September and got my name out to the admissions advisor at the front-desk. A week later I called the office for my status, and the advisor remembered me! She told me that she had already pulled out my file and given it directly to the Kathy Candito to look at on-the-spot, and she said it looked good. Sure enough, a week later, I got a call for an interview. I interviewed on Oct. 10, and was part of the third interviewing group. I don't believe that my stats are stellar at all, so for me to get an interview from UOP that early, I don't feel is a mere coincidence.

Remember that this is only a suggestion that may or may not work in your favor. But it never hurts to show a school you're interested in them. Whatever the case, stay positive and be persistent and you'll eventually receive an interview. Good luck!

too bad i'm in southern california!!! i'll give them a call next week...