UOP interview (application for fall2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm1091281

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who interviewed with UOP hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on 9/29 and was placed on hold

Interviewed 9/22, accepted on 9/26.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 9/22, accepted on 9/26.
Wow congrats!!! I wS really hoping to get in but I was trying without a bachelors so I knew my chances were low when going into the interview. Did you do ED as well?

Wow congrats!!! I wS really hoping to get in but I was trying without a bachelors so I knew my chances were low when going into the interview. Did you do ED as well?
Awe thank you! I mean I haven't received my bachelor yet until this December but yes I was ED. I hope you hear the news soon! They say Oct 20 is like the latest isn't it?

Awe thank you! I mean I haven't received my bachelor yet until this December but yes I was ED. I hope you hear the news soon! They say Oct 20 is like the latest isn't it?

I believe 20th is the latest but they already released my application to be able to apply to other schools if I knew the hold list wasn’t going to be reviewed until March then I would have applied regular decision and then submit my application to other schools at the same time

I'm planning to keep y'all updated about anything UOP's tells me for those who interviewed on the 20th! Hope those who interviewed on the 20th will do the same :)

I'm planning to keep y'all updated about anything UOP's tells me for those who interviewed on the 20th! Hope those who interviewed on the 20th will do the same :)
I got a decision on the 24th! Just checked my email a while ago.

how was the interview process? what was the 1 hr essay portion like-- was it your run of the mill ethical dilemma type prompt where there is no right or wrong answer?

You probably already had your interview haha but for future applicants, the interview is fairly straightforward. It's run of the mill as you described it. Look up Ultimate Potential Interview Question list on google and click the SDN link. It prepared me well for the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
You probably already had your interview haha but for future applicants, the interview is fairly straightforward. It's run of the mill as you described it. Look up Ultimate Potential Interview Question list on google and click the SDN link. It prepared me well for the interview!
Oh yeah i interviewed last Friday and got accepted yesterday!

Hi everyone! I have my interview on Feb 23rd, already confirmed my flight and everything. Can I ask what/how was the essay portion like? I was told it would be a student and faculty interview and would have an essay portion. Thanks in advance and congratz to those who got accepted!

Hi everyone! I have my interview on Feb 23rd, already confirmed my flight and everything. Can I ask what/how was the essay portion like? I was told it would be a student and faculty interview and would have an essay portion. Thanks in advance and congratz to those who got accepted!
It's chill. be prepared for a medical ethics / ethical dilemma essay where there is no right/wrong answer. Pick a side and defend it well!

I had my interview on Friday and heard back yesterday. They deferred their final decision and placed me on hold:(
"Although I am not able to offer you admission at this time, I would like you to remain encouraged that the committee will be making additional admission offers throughout the review cycle. Your file may be re-reviewed again at any time but we will have all final decisions made by April 1st."

I had my interview on Friday and heard back yesterday. They deferred their final decision and placed me on hold:(
"Although I am not able to offer you admission at this time, I would like you to remain encouraged that the committee will be making additional admission offers throughout the review cycle. Your file may be re-reviewed again at any time but we will have all final decisions made by April 1st."
I recommend following up with Veronica every now and then to see the movement of the list. If UOP is your first choice and you are sure you want to attend, take the time to show interest.

I didn't get a medical ethics / dilemma prompt. It was personal and based on your opinion. You only get a maximum of 1.5 pages so either write small or plan your thoughts out.

I recommend following up with Veronica every now and then to see the movement of the list. If UOP is your first choice and you are sure you want to attend, take the time to show interest.
Should I call or email to check in every couple of weeks? I really do like UOP, but I am also going to apply for Touro and I have an interview for California Northstate next week.

Should I call or email to check in every couple of weeks? I really do like UOP, but I am also going to apply for Touro and I have an interview for California Northstate next week.
Maybe not every two weeks but I would check in once before April 1st to see.

Maybe not every two weeks but I would check in once before April 1st to see.
I'm kind of losing hope because if I didn't get into UOP then that could mean I probably won't get into Touro or Cal Northstate too. I don't have any pharmacy tech experience and my gpa is not too great either.

Update: I actually got into California Northstate for Class of 2022! But now I'm wondering which school loan I should I apply for?

Keep your head up! Distract yourself for a month ish :)

Wishing you the best. It definitely sounds like you proved yourself academically last semester and it definitely sounds like you’ve had clinical experience and community service. Stay optimistic! Have you looked up stats on how many people are accepted straight from CC?

Thanks, I'll try my best. It just worries me that I see people getting in with 3.0's. I had a 3.9, physics and math club vice president, 150 hours of hands on clinical experience, 350 hours of pharmacy experience, chemistry tutor, loads of community service. I believe my interviews went well too. I was waitlisted at Touro and UOP. Only school I got into was CHSU. However, this is my second year at a community college, i'm applying straight. But I feel like I proved myself taking 27 units last semester consisting of 3 science prerequisites, and 1 math prerequisite, as well as other required classes and got a 4.0. Letters of recommendation were solid as well. All of my semesters have been over 20 units. Is this really that big of a factor that coming straight from a CC is causing me to get denied? Or is it something else? Touro says they can not release information about my position on the waitlist, UOP I am on the middle portion. What are my chances of getting off the waitlist and getting in?

as long as you get the interview, you background is enough. I suggest you to think carefully about your interview. try to recall every detail starting you stepped in the building. Eg. dressing, talking, interacting with others. to see whether you can improve. Then recall your answers to the interview questions. This is the most important part! Did your answer show that you're passionate about the pharmacy, did you show you know deep enough about pharmacy, did you show you're dying for an offer of UOP? It's probably the reason you're not admitted at first time. If you can show this, most of time you will get a high score in the interview or maybe a "admitted the student immediately". If your answer is too generic, then you will be put in the Bs pool or even Cs pool, hoping your interview score is a little higher than others. Practice before others to make your speaking sounds nature.(not from a memorized strip)

It's better to go to as many interviews as possible to practice you interview skill.

Thanks, I'll try my best. It just worries me that I see people getting in with 3.0's. I had a 3.9, physics and math club vice president, 150 hours of hands on clinical experience, 350 hours of pharmacy experience, chemistry tutor, loads of community service. I believe my interviews went well too. I was waitlisted at Touro and UOP. Only school I got into was CHSU. However, this is my second year at a community college, i'm applying straight. But I feel like I proved myself taking 27 units last semester consisting of 3 science prerequisites, and 1 math prerequisite, as well as other required classes and got a 4.0. Letters of recommendation were solid as well. All of my semesters have been over 20 units. Is this really that big of a factor that coming straight from a CC is causing me to get denied? Or is it something else? Touro says they can not release information about my position on the waitlist, UOP I am on the middle portion. What are my chances of getting off the waitlist and getting in?
27 units in a single semester? WTF that is so so insane and I have NEVER heard of anyone even coming close to that (even if all those units were taken at a cc, that is still so insane).....! And this is coming from someone who has a BS and masters degree from Berkeley. Honestly i wouldn't worry if i were you.

Yeah I was enrolled in Gen chem 2 with lab (5 units), calculus 1 (5 units), microbiology with lab (4 units), physics 1 with lab (4 units), nutrition (3 units), world history (3 units), cultural anthropology (3 units). On top of that I was working a graveyard shift, extra cirriculars, tutoring, communiting to 3 different colleges because the dean at my main college refused to let me take that many classes. I attend a community college 10 minutes away from UC Davis and the classes are high caliber and we are held to high standards as most professors concurrently teach at Davis. In fact for my chemistry and physics classes the professors gave us the same exams as they gave their students at Davis. I know this because the top corner would always say something about UC Davis Chem 2c midterm 2 or something along those lines and to list your section and TA name. But anyways sorry for the little rant. Hopefully I get off the waitlist haha. And good luck to you. I’m sure you’ll enjoy UOP
And I thought my current semester was pretty crazy. Full-time UCSF research job while simultaneously taking organic chem 1 lecture, organic chem 1 lab, organic chem 2 lecture, organic chem 2 lab, physiology lecture, physiology lab, training to run a marathon, and serving at my church 10 hrs per week --- yeah I'm pretty much dying haha

Haha. That is a crazy schedule. Are you retaking organic chemistry as a refresher or to get a better grade?
retaking bc UoP requires retakes after 7 years. i took organic chem like 12 years ago and did fine, so am definitely feeling the effects of being a non-traditional and returning student hahaha. I never took organic chem 2 lab before so some of the lab techniques I'm using this semester are new to me...

Any one on the waitlist hear anything yet?
i'd say just bug admissions and ask them what you need to do to get off the waitlist and get admitted. maybe send in an academic update?

I called. They said there has been no movement on the waitlist and there is nothing I can do to increase my chances.
I wish you the best! If you do attend, we'll be classmates :)

Thank you. Hopefully I get in, if not I’ll be at Touro most likely. Good luck to you.
Hopefully you'll hear back once it gets closer. We don't have orientation until late August :/ so if you hear by then, you can switch over? Sometimes there's people who get accepted and pay deposits to multiple places, but they don't actually inform the schools they don't want to attend anymore.

Hey, for those of you who got admitted would you mind sharing where you are planning to live?

Does anyone want to figure out housing together?

Hi everyone,
I was waitlisted for UOP too and I recently emailed to ask about status of waitlist's movement and there has not been any movement yet!!