1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

uop interview question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ALI, Oct 19, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Senior Member

I am going to my UOP interview on monday
    I am a little bit nervous because it is my top choice
    Does the interviewer have student's application
    How many interviews? how many interviewer? Any difficult questions?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member

One faculty and one student interview. I heard the interview is pretty laid back and informal. And also, they accept most of those they interview. They just want to make sure that you can talk to people.

4. SMDdent

SMDdent Member

Hey ALI, don't sweat it. Like Juan7677 said, it's one of the more laid back interviews you'll encounter. I interviewed on 10/10. You get one faculty and one student. The faculty interview is open file, but the student interviewer only has your personal statement. My interview lasted only about 20 mins and I would say the entire interview was strictly conversational. No difficult questions at all, but your perception of difficult may be different than mine. The student interview is even more laid back. The students will tell you themselves that they have no say in the selection process, so it's really your time to ask them questions. My interviewer took me on a stroll around the block to check out the neighborhood. Pretty nice. UOP is my top choice too so maybe I'll see you in July (crossing fingers). Good luck!

5. agutier3

agutier3 The City By the Bay

Hey ALI-

I guess I'll be seeing you at UOP this Monday, October 20. Where are you staying? I'm flying out tomorrow (Sunday) to Oakland then take a shuttle into San Francisco and will stay at the Queen Anne hotel a couple of blocks from the school. Flying into S.F. was way too expensive. See ya at the interview!

Arby

6. ALI

ALI Senior Member

Hi Arby
    I am going to drive there with my family. I will see you there!

7. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Agutier3 and ALI-

I was interested in knowing how the interviews went at UOP. How long?
    Who interviewed you?
    What questions did they ask?
    Any strange or tough ones?
    Your overall impression?

This is my first choice and just want to get a good idea of what to expect.

8. ALI

ALI Senior Member

For me it was approximate 40 minute with a clinical professor.
    30 minute with students.
    It was more like a coversation. Really really relaxing. I don't know how I did though. Everyone was friendly.
    I love the school and people.

9. agutier3

agutier3 The City By the Bay

Hysteria24-

My interview was approximately 1 hr 10 mins. My faculty interviewer was Dr. Brucia. He did not ask many questions. Instead, he talked alot about the philosophy and mind set of UOP's dental education. It was like ALI said, the interview was very conversational. Like you, UOP is one school at the top of my list. Good luck to you!!

Arby