2016 UoP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Correct! I don't want to go to UoP. I already accepted for Roseman in Nevada, but I just wanted to see if i interviewed well enough to get acceptance ;)
You should do everyone the courtesy and withdrawal your application so that people who really want to get accepted have better chances

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You should do everyone the courtesy and withdrawal your application so that people who really want to get accepted have better chances
But whats the fun in that? Just wanna see if I would've made it if I decided to go, but I will decline the seat instantly if I do get it so another hopeful can have a chance. Good luck to everyone on hold!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does putting on hold mean we are not good enough? This waiting makes me lose hope.

After how many weeks you got to know about the acceptance after they put you on hold?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I was placed on hold on 11/3 and I got accepted on 2/3

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Oh quite a long time. We have to wait till 3 months. Hopefully I will get to know soon. . Wait game is so breathe taking.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

From what I know UoP does a series of interviews(like 3 months), then they decide on pools of who they accept. I'm pretty sure we won't know till April

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same way as you do. And yeah, I did accept the waitlist offer.
Idk if it's a good thing that I got waitlisted for 3 schools so far with no acceptances yet haha.

placed on the lower portion too. hehe looks like we are all in the same boat. anyone got into a different school?

haha I thought it was just me. Wait list lower portion. UoP was not my first choice, so thank god I got into my other schools. Gl to all you hopefuls on the waitlist, however it does seem very unlikely.

placed on the lower portion too. hehe looks like we are all in the same boat. anyone got into a different school?
Do you go to another school? Idk yet but going to uop will cost me extra $3k for a class and deposit. I got into a 4 year school tho

Do you go to another school? Idk yet but going to uop will cost me extra $3k for a class and deposit. I got into a 4 year school tho
I only applied to 3 year programs. I got into Roseman and Chapman University's new program. I really liked Chapman University's program so i chose Chapman.

Last edited:
For the people who have been accepted do you plan on living in on-campus housing or living off campus?

What are the chances of getting in if you are waitlisted? I'm waitlisted middle.

From the previous posts, only the top portion of the waitlists have chances. Middle portions have a very small chance of getting in. And low usually have no chances. I just signed up for that low portion because I want to believe in that small luck.

I read from the thread last year that someone from the bottom got in. I think there's still a little hope for everyone.

My friend who was on the low portion got in last year in June but I know it varies every year. Anybody spoke to Veronica regarding how many ppl on the waitlist this year?

Would you guys go to this school if you get accepted when you already got in another school? Any other reason beside it's a accelerated program?
I spoke to my pharmacists ( UOP alumni and one teaching at LLU) they both said uop is better but idk if I can handle the stress drive of a 3 year program yet.

This school is actually my second choice since it's 1 hr away from home. But I am also waitlisted at my top choice. So if I get accepted into that, I'll probably drop my spot.
Another reason is that it's the cheapest private school in california according to the numbers that they give. I could be wrong though.

This school is actually my second choice since it's 1 hr away from home. But I am also waitlisted at my top choice. So if I get accepted into that, I'll probably drop my spot.
Another reason is that it's the cheapest private school in california according to the numbers that they give. I could be wrong though.
What is your first choice school?
Uop was my first choice, because I have a friend there But I got accepted to my second choice, and from my professors, they all like my second choice since it's in a same system with my uni ( religious based school). Hahah I the school I got accepted also said that they are the cheapest private in Cali. well, I'm putting my luck there and see what god plans for me

UCSD is my top choice haha. Ooh, good luck on your journey in the second choice pharmacy school that you got accepted to.

I agree. The campus is so nice haha. Plus I have a lot of friends who go there for undergrad. And the costs of living+tuition also play a role too lol.

Do you guys know if there has been any movement on the wait list?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I only applied to UOP this year. I am planning on applying to out of state schools next year because my friend who is in a school thats ranked #22 is only paying 16k a year. Many out of state schools are very cheap/high ranked, so I'm applying there if I don't get into UOP year. The only reason I applied to this school was because it doesn't require a PCAT. Good luck everyone!

friend of mine just get accepted off the waitlist. q1 people be ready for the good new

I am on the "top" part of the waitlist and waiting to hear back. Will post ASAP if I do hear back...

I am on the "top" part of the waitlist and waiting to hear back. Will post ASAP if I do hear back...
Appreciate it, I'm in the middle portion so I hope there's a shot. I read from last year's thread that the candidates from the low portion got in as well.

Appreciate it, I'm in the middle portion so I hope there's a shot. I read from last year's thread that the candidates from the low portion got in as well.

In the "top" of the waitlist and just got my acceptance e-mail today at 10:54AM!

Good luck, everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
im at mid portion as well. Friend of mine at uop also mentioned a few of her classmates get accepted from the low portion of the list. So fingers crossed guys.

Congrats foreverphosphorus! I'm at the middle of the wait list as well and waiting to hear back. If anyone else hears from uop, please keep us updated!! I hope those of us in the middle of the wait list have a chance!

Congrats foreverphosphorus! I'm at the middle of the wait list as well and waiting to hear back. If anyone else hears from uop, please keep us updated!! I hope those of us in the middle of the wait list have a chance!
@appletarts Didn't you get into USC? Are you not wanting to attend there?

Thank you, everyone! My friend who attends UOP now was in the bottom portion of the waitlist and heard back in June! But it does change every year, so hope you all the best!

That's good to hear and is quite reassuring!

Last edited: