UoP prerequisite requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iLuvDAT

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
on their web site says 4 semesters of biological sciences are required. can anyone elaborate on that?

Members don't see this ad.

In essence, that means 2 years of biology.

You can fulfill it by taking 1 year of lower division bio plus 1 year of upperdivision bio, or you may use other courses such as cell biology, microbio to fulfill it.

on their web site says 4 semesters of biological sciences are required. can anyone elaborate on that?

I think that it means exactly what it says, any course with BIO in the prefix will do (with lab). I can tell you this though, if you show up to Pacific having taken no anatomy, you will regret it. Same with Histology and Biochemistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that it means exactly what it says, any course with BIO in the prefix will do (with lab). I can tell you this though, if you show up to Pacific having taken no anatomy, you will regret it. Same with Histology and Biochemistry.

thanks jmick and jigabo. I almost finish up one year of general bio by december. do you think i can cram two bio courses into next semester instead of taking one course each semester to fulfill the "four semesters" requirement?

I'm willing to bet the same goes for microbio and physiology, we just haven't had the chance to get beat down by it yet.

thanks, armorshell. do they have problems with CC classes? I graduated with a bs degree in may and could not afford to go back to my school as a post bac.

In my experience, no they do not. I have a fair amount of CC credits from taking CC classes during high school and they had no problem accepting them as pre-reqs.