UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2027* Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/26
Method of notification: Phone call then email
Residency: IS (CA)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.80; Overall: 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22 TS/24 PAT/22 RC/None under 17
Method of interview: In Person

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/26
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.80; Overall: 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22 TS/24 PAT/22 RC/None under 17
when is your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #5
Notification date:
10/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.75; Overall: 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 28 TS, 23 PAT, N/A
Method of interview: In person 12/11

Reactions: 1 user
I noticed that there was a writing assignment at the end of the interview (according to the schedule). What is this for? I haven’t seen anything like this before?

I noticed that there was a writing assignment at the end of the interview (according to the schedule). What is this for? I haven’t seen anything like this before?
it's to see how you work under pressure, and to try and determine how much help you got on your personal statement and on your secondary apps

edited to correct misspelling
edited to add: don't worry too much about the prompt, there's no way to know what it is and it's not likely to be make or break unless your English is really poor...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Great! Beautiful facility and everyone was really nice. The humanism is apparent there. Long but easy going day/interview.
Love to hear that, I actually will be there for an interview next week as well. Very excited to finally see the facility in person

I just applied last week and now is under review . Hopefully I will hear from them shortly.

anyone know when uop will start sending out acceptances? I heard they sometimes start before acceptance day.

anyone know when uop will start sending out acceptances? I heard they sometimes start before acceptance day.
schools are bound by the ADEA traffic rules...

Members don't see this ad :)
schools are bound by the ADEA traffic rules...
Yes this is true. All schools in the country will send out the first round of acceptances next Friday, December 15, so fingers crossed 🤞

received a call today to schedule an interview! available days were january-april

Honestly, so impressed. One of the best facilities and layouts I've ever seen for a dental school, and in the heart of San Francisco as well
this is a very common impression of the school and interview process...

received a call today to schedule an interview! available days were january-april
april!
wow!

that confirms this post:

april!
wow!

that confirms this post:
They told me the same on Friday, interviews will go on until April, but on this Friday (Dec. 15), about 55%-60% of the upcoming class will be offered acceptances

They told me the same on Friday, interviews will go on until April, but on this Friday (Dec. 15), about 55%-60% of the upcoming class will be offered acceptances
you have to admire how open they are about saying that...

• Care
Interview #3
Notification date: 12/13
Method of notification: Phone call
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/22
Application complete date: 9/13
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.87; Overall: 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA/22 TS/27 PAT/23 RC/None under 17

• Care
  • Wow
Just declined my offer - good luck to whoever may get the seat!

Did anyone else receive an optional supplemental email from UOP today? Is this a good sign?

Yup got it too, forget if they did this last year, but I believe its their standard for those waiting

Just said my application is still under review by the executive admissions committee with a link to their optional questionnaire!
Since it’s aptional, I wonder whether not submitting it would hurt the app.

Last edited:
Was called for an interview a little before 11:30 AM PST!

Interview #3
Notification date
: 2/2
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/14/23
Application complete date: 6/20 *Retook DAT 7/31/23 and requested school to hold application until scores were verified (8/18/23)
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.45; Overall: 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/21 TS/26 PAT/22 RC/None under 17