UoP Student Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rollredroll

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings-

First, let me say I am very much looking forward to starting at UoP in July. When I tell people in the know that I'm going to UoP, they all give me the (raised eyebrow) "really...well that's certainly impressive." Not really sure I deserve it, but I'll take it. Anyway, I am wondering if any current UoP students can respond to a few questions about student housing.

How far is it from the school? (walking, driving, etc.)

What is the area like around the building? Any restaurants, bars, grocery stores, etc.

How big/nice are the apts? Details about bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens, yada yada yada.

What's the deal with parking? I know there is an underground lot, but does it cost extra? What about street parking? Will I even need/want/have time for a car?

What's the deal with roommates?

Anything else you can think of would be great as well. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Thanks very much and I can't wait to meet everyone!

-RRR

Members don't see this ad.

Answered in the quote, feel free to PM to find out more.

Greetings-

First, let me say I am very much looking forward to starting at UoP in July. When I tell people in the know that I'm going to UoP, they all give me the (raised eyebrow) "really...well that's certainly impressive." Not really sure I deserve it, but I'll take it. Anyway, I am wondering if any current UoP students can respond to a few questions about student housing.

How far is it from the school? (walking, driving, etc.)

7 blocks

What is the area like around the building? Any restaurants, bars, grocery stores, etc.

Within a 10 block radius of the school there are around 100 restaurants ranging from 5 star fine dining to cheap gyros and burritos.

How big/nice are the apts? Details about bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens, yada yada yada.

Don't live there myself, but they look pretty decent to me and fairly big.

Anything else you can think of would be great as well. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Not sure about parking in the garage, but I park on the street and it works just fine for me. $70 a year (Probably more around $300 once you factor in the parking tickets you will get for no good reason). You really don't need a car though.

-RRR