UOP (University of the Pacific) DPT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clyn2002

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I received an invitation for an interview at UOP Stockton for the class of 2017 and was wondering who else has as well and if anyone out there is currently a DPT student who remembers the process? Just trying to figure out how to prepare and what questions they will ask. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

From my recollection of last year's interview process, you get grouped with other interviewees (maybe 4 or 5?). I forget the order of events, but you all meet with Rosie to get oriented for the day. You also go on a tour led by 1 or 2 current students. The tour is pretty extensive so make sure you're wearing comfortable shoes! You meet with a couple of people that coordinate the program, who will essentially pitch the program to you. Then at some point, you have the actual interview. It's 3 interviewers per 1 interviewee all at once, panel-style. The whole process for me took all morning, possibly to slightly past noon. They don't provide lunch, so plan accordingly. Hope that helps, though it's also likely I forgot something!

From my recollection of last year's interview process, you get grouped with other interviewees (maybe 4 or 5?). I forget the order of events, but you all meet with Rosie to get oriented for the day. You also go on a tour led by 1 or 2 current students. The tour is pretty extensive so make sure you're wearing comfortable shoes! You meet with a couple of people that coordinate the program, who will essentially pitch the program to you. Then at some point, you have the actual interview. It's 3 interviewers per 1 interviewee all at once, panel-style. The whole process for me took all morning, possibly to slightly past noon. They don't provide lunch, so plan accordingly. Hope that helps, though it's also likely I forgot something!
Do you remember the types of questions asked? I am currently working with a physical therapist who went to school there a few years ago and said her interview was them reading her essay from the app and asking questions based off of it but since this was a few years back I'm guessing its changed since?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you remember the types of questions asked? I am currently working with a physical therapist who went to school there a few years ago and said her interview was them reading her essay from the app and asking questions based off of it but since this was a few years back I'm guessing its changed since?
Actually, I do remember them going off my essay as well, so I'm sure their approach has stayed the same. Definitely be prepared to elaborate on that essay. For instance, I mentioned I was part of an organization in my essay and they asked how being a part of that organization helped me to develop certain skills. I forget what skills, but there are some obvious options like leadership, teamwork, communication, etc. Or they could ask what a difficult situation was that you had to face working within that organization.

I am interviewing there in a few weeks! When is your interview date?

Did anyone have their interview Friday? Just curious how it went

Interview was great! Very relaxed! Good luck to everyone
Glad to hear it! Was it questions based off the essay or more of general ones? Also about how long did it go? Trying to figure out timing for transportation purposes

Glad to hear it! Was it questions based off the essay or more of general ones? Also about how long did it go? Trying to figure out timing for transportation purposes
I barely had any questions on my application, but it could differ from which faculty is interviewing you. My questions were the basic: why PT, a difficult situation scenario and then a few of: what music are you listening to flying over here. It was very laid back and the faculty really seemed personable! Probably my favorite interview so far.
Depending on the amount of questions you had it is supposed to take 30 minutes, but some people were done early and others a bit later. Mine was right on the 30 minute mark! Don't stress it!!

I flew into SMF and flew out of it for a ~2:00 flight (I was morning session) and I had plenty of time to get here. Currently I am just waiting right now for another hour and a half

I barely had any questions on my application, but it could differ from which faculty is interviewing you. My questions were the basic: why PT, a difficult situation scenario and then a few of: what music are you listening to flying over here. It was very laid back and the faculty really seemed personable! Probably my favorite interview so far.
Depending on the amount of questions you had it is supposed to take 30 minutes, but some people were done early and others a bit later. Mine was right on the 30 minute mark! Don't stress it!!

I flew into SMF and flew out of it for a ~2:00 flight (I was morning session) and I had plenty of time to get here. Currently I am just waiting right now for another hour and a half
Just had mine. You were right I think it went really well! Thanks for the info and good luck!

Hi! Has anyone received a call or word yet???