Uop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faradayampere

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewed on Jan 21 at UOP heard back yet? We are suppose to hear from them this week right?

Members don't see this ad.

It is only Feb. I doubt you'll hear from them now. have PATIENCE! ANother thing, I hate people who apply to more than one different professional school. It shows a lack of sincerity to one thing. It seems like the only reason so many people are going to pharmacy because that is where the big bucks are at. IMHO, I see you not getting into pharm school.

Still waiting here. Hopefully, we will get our letter this week.

Is it true that UOP will accept only about 100 applicants since there are pre-pharm students who will enter the program? Is this the reason why they lowered the number of applicants who were invited for interviews?

faradayampere said:
Anyone interviewed on Jan 21 at UOP heard back yet? We are suppose to hear from them this week right?

Members don't see this ad :)
BESTPHARMACY said:
It is only Feb. I doubt you'll hear from them now. have PATIENCE! ANother thing, I hate people who apply to more than one different professional school. It shows a lack of sincerity to one thing. It seems like the only reason so many people are going to pharmacy because that is where the big bucks are at. IMHO, I see you not getting into pharm school.

1) UOP did say that they will notify us within 3-4 weeks, so I think it's safe to expect to hear something from them now.

2) People apply to more than one professional school only because of the great competition and uncertainty of getting in to just one school. This goes for everyone in any professional field e.g. medical, dental, law, etc.

3) Sure, some people might wanna go into pharmacy for the big bucks, but there are definitely more reasons for them to spend another 4 years in school and thousands in debt to pursue this degree. If money wasn't a factor, I don't think there would be as many stockbrokers, lawyers, doctors, etc. Yes, in every field money is a factor for a lot of people. It's just a matter of what they can see themselves doing for the rest of their life for that money. I think those who have a true passion for what they want to do will succeed more than those who don't have much of a drive. Believe me, it shows.

4) I don't know who you are "bestpharmacy", but unless if you're in the admissions committee, or know a person personally, I don't think you're in any position to tell a person whether or not they would get into pharmacy school.

Anyway...to further annoy you...and for my own curiosity reasons...

Did anyone interview on Jan. 14th at UOP and have heard back from them?

Hey Smilinh,

I interviewed Jan.14th and I havn't heard back from them. I remember they said 3-4 weeks so I am hoping for something soon as well. The official website said this:

The bulk of the decision letters will be mailed in late March and continue through late April. Very strong candidates may hear within four weeks of their interview date.

So who knows. Hopefully I'm a strong candidate. Do you know if they have a "open consideration list" type of thing like USC? G'luck to ya. Let me know how things go.

Well said smilinh BESTPHARMACY has issues, don't mind him/her.

mikey_rx said:
Hey Smilinh,

I interviewed Jan.14th and I havn't heard back from them. I remember they said 3-4 weeks so I am hoping for something soon as well. The official website said this:

The bulk of the decision letters will be mailed in late March and continue through late April. Very strong candidates may hear within four weeks of their interview date.

So who knows. Hopefully I'm a strong candidate. Do you know if they have a "open consideration list" type of thing like USC? G'luck to ya. Let me know how things go.

Hope we both hear from them soon. :oops: I don't know about their "open consideration list"....and i hope we don't have to worry about that list. Good luck.

BESTPHARMACY said:
ANother thing, I hate people who apply to more than one different professional school. It shows a lack of sincerity to one thing. It seems like the only reason so many people are going to pharmacy because that is where the big bucks are at.

yeah, some people just don't have balls since they are applying to multiple professional schools (unless they are truly interested in more than one profession...riiiiight) but best of luck to faradayampere

I am not sure why people have to look up to see if the poster posted in other forums or not. Also, I don't understand why people are against people who applied to different fields. In fact, I know someone who applied to different majors when he applied to grad schools [he also applied to MD as well]. I mean the majors are totally unrelated (for example, Mech Eng at 1 school, chemistry at another school, biophysics at another one, etc...). At least, there are some common things between pharmacy and medical school. Furthermore, pharm schools want to have people from different background. They definitely welcome students who were engineering or humanities major (I'm sure if they want homogenous class [or people who truly interested in 1 field since they were born], then they would restrict the applicant pool to only bio majors). Anyway, just want to mention that there are people who are interested in different stuffs (don't get me wrong on this -- but just open your textbooks ... some names, like Gauss, Newton, Bernoulli, were mentioned in different subjects)

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear

I'm not sure why people get on each other's backs about applying to two types of professional schools either. There is some underlying defensiveness, since some applicants primarily interested in medical school are using pharmacy school as a backup. My feeling is that someone truly interested in medicine would beome a reapplicant, though, instead of abandoning the field. I do know of one individual who applied to both medical and pharmacy schools this year, was accepted at both, and chose pharmacy in the end, because it was a better fit.

faradayampere said:
I am not sure why people have to look up to see if the poster posted in other forums or not. Also, I don't understand why people are against people who applied to different fields. In fact, I know someone who applied to different majors when he applied to grad schools [he also applied to MD as well]. I mean the majors are totally unrelated (for example, Mech Eng at 1 school, chemistry at another school, biophysics at another one, etc...). At least, there are some common things between pharmacy and medical school. Furthermore, pharm schools want to have people from different background. They definitely welcome students who were engineering or humanities major (I'm sure if they want homogenous class [or people who truly interested in 1 field since they were born], then they would restrict the applicant pool to only bio majors). Anyway, just want to mention that there are people who are interested in different stuffs (don't get me wrong on this -- but just open your textbooks ... some names, like Gauss, Newton, Bernoulli, were mentioned in different subjects)

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear
i think those who are offended (defensive, get on the backs of others, etc.) feel that their spot is being taken by someone who isn't even sure about what they want to do.

i understand the theory that if you are a good enough applicant then it doesn't matter who else applies, you will still get in.

I can't really speak for these people but everytime i read a post from one of them that is what i read into it.

Personally if you want to waste 4 years of your life in pharmacy school when its not what you really want to do then by all means do it. its your life to waste not mine.

I probably really don't understand the full reasoning behind the idea because it really never was a worry in my mind then again i really liked undergrad and could have stayed there forever having much more fun than i am now...

bananaface said:
There is some underlying defensiveness, since some applicants primarily interested in medical school are using pharmacy school as a backup. My feeling is that someone truly interested in medicine would beome a reapplicant, though, instead of abandoning the field.

I think the idea that people are applying to another professional school as a backup is the main reason people get upset. It's kind of insulting. That being said, I really think it's in your best interest to make up your mind about what career you want to go into and pour all of your energy and enthusiasm into attaining that goal rather than applying to a bunch of programs and seeing where the chips fall. It's such a huge commitment to go into med, dent, nursing, pharm or any graduate program and I would hate to be in a program I wasn't sure about.

If you want to apply to different programs due to multiple interest, then more power to you. If you have multiple talents and wants to pursue different things, then why not try doing all of them.

I understand that someone should make up their mind and choice a career to focus on. But, everything now is so competitive that focusing on one program can ruin someone's dream. This includes applicants applying to Pharmacy school and unable to get in the program. What would they do next if they can not get in? Be a pharmacy tech? Now a days, we all have to be practical by opening our eyes and see other things.

I think that people should follow their interest, but not be blinded with the money that comes with the career.

Hey Smilinh,

I just got my acceptance letter today. Hope you did as well. G'luck to everyone else.

Cheers,
Mikey

mikey_rx said:
Hey Smilinh,

I just got my acceptance letter today. Hope you did as well. G'luck to everyone else.

Cheers,
Mikey

Congrats :) :thumbup:

mikey_rx said:
Hey Smilinh,

Cheers,
Mikey

congrats :) I haven't heard anything from them yet...so I don't.....we'll see. Are you gonna go to UOP, mikey?