Up-to-Date Cheap Bosstards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emergiQ

Killer Whale Trainer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just ponied up for a 3-year subscription to Up-do-Date. $1199. for online access. Filled out my membership online, provided credit card details, got sent my password, all-done. Then, 3 days later - got a $15 bill in the mail from them for a "processing fee".

I called, and they justified it because they say it covers the cost of someone inputing my details into the system. Never mind I entered everything on their web site myself. Didn't even offer to waive the charge which is fine, I didn't care so much about the $15, I was now clearly arguing on that big time waster known as "principle".

What a bunch of cheap asshats. I'm cancelling on principle. I'll just use the hospital's subscription and print/e-mail articles to myself, and use e-medicine if I have to at home.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I used to just send myself a free 30-day trial subscription (to a new e-mail address once the other one had expired), and planned on purchasing a subscription when I became an attending.

Now.... Eff 'em.

I don't find Up-To-Date to be that great of a resource anyway. The articles are often out of date, not in line with EM practice guidelines, or just sparse on useful information. Eff em.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't find Up-To-Date to be that great of a resource anyway. The articles are often out of date, not in line with EM practice guidelines, or just sparse on useful information. Eff em.

+1

i use pepid as my go-to on my phone for things i can't remember off-hand. if i need something more in-depth, i use emedicine/medscape on phone or computer. it rarely goes beyond that... and in that case, it's google time (rare disorders etc)

Uptodate isn't bad, but it isn't great. I do find it a little easier to use UTD than medscape, as their phone app has gotten terribly bloated. Also, it, like epocrates before it, always wants to update nearly every time I open it. Why can't they update in the background?

Uptodate isn't bad, but it isn't great. I do find it a little easier to use UTD than medscape, as their phone app has gotten terribly bloated. Also, it, like epocrates before it, always wants to update nearly every time I open it. Why can't they update in the background?

+1. That's for sure. Keep it simple, Medscape...