upcoming abim cc exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The kitchen sink

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

First off - If anyone is studying for the upcoming ABIM CC exam this Nov and wants a dedicated daily or weekly study buddy from now until the CC exam, PM me and maybe we can create a study schedule to motivate each other, test each and quiz each other on subjects!

otherwise:

looking for a little advice as how to optimize my time as best as I can given that there is approx 1 month (and change) prior to this years abim cc exam.

I have done SEEK x1 and I have also done the passmachine course review lectures x1 but felt like it was like a bullet point format of information without much explanation as to why and when to enact certain management strategies, so then I decided I needed a more comprehensive source to study from and so I started reading the ATS critical care review book (approx 700 pages) and I have read about 1/2 of it and have made flash cards for some of the higher yield stuff to review in the week or two prior to the boards. I should hopefully finish the book in the next 2 weeks, leaving about 3 weeks of time to review until the boards.

My question to you all (those who have experience with this) is what do you suggest I do now, or more importantly in those 3 weeks prior to the board exams. Redo SEEK x1 or x2 of course, review all the tricky questions and graphics, review my flashcards and maybe try to re-read /skim the entire ATS book and do a few of the passmachine lectures that were good 1-2x times (I liked some of the pulm, cards and renal lectures so may redo those)

truth is I regret buying that course but was convinced by someone who did it a few years back and passed, but could not afford to get another one and now here I am, and that is why I decided to read the ATS critical care book through and through to get a more comprehensive review.

apologies for the long post, but feel free to give me any advice or PM me, thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're looking for more get an older edition of SEEK as well. Otherwise this is plenty. More questions is generally better. Things you didn't see during training may be higher yield (high altitude, poisonings/ingestions, etc.)

If you're looking for more get an older edition of SEEK as well. Otherwise this is plenty. More questions is generally better. Things you didn't see during training may be higher yield (high altitude, poisonings/ingestions, etc.)

Thanks for the response and suggestions, I will make sure to look at stuff.

I completed SEEK and it looks like they changed their format may have combined all the older editions of SEEK into 1 bank, there were a total of 440 questions. I plan to redo them all of course.

Are there any older SEEK questions or editions other than that? If so, do you know where to access them? I couldnt find anything else
Also are there any other QBanks that I should purchase? Or just better to redo SEEK again?

And if anyone is in search of a study partner to get through this last month prior to ABIM, feel free to PM me.

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
That was hard. Maybe because I didn’t study as much as the Pulm boards, but man there were lots of 3rd and 4th order questions:

“what would be the implication of the expected treatment for the most likely condition the patient has?”

lol

That was hard. Maybe because I didn’t study as much as the Pulm boards, but man there were lots of 3rd and 4th order questions:

“what would be the implication of the expected treatment for the most likely condition the patient has?”

lol
Agreed. That was way more challenging than pulmonary. I definitely didn't study as much 2/2 COVID fatigue but the test itself was also harder. Not enough vent questions IMO and too many IM/ID questions.

Reactions: 1 users
this is an old thread… but use cme $$ to buy seek books. they still sell seek books in addition to the seek library

just wanted to close out this thread by saying thanks for the advice, the CC boards were difficult as expected but passed comfortably! Good luck to all in the future and feel free to PM if any questions!