Update Fall Semester Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rhee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a post bac program at a med school and my fall semester grades just became available. I got a 4.0 and would like the update the schools with my grades since my GPA was a major weakness in my application. Should I just download the unofficial transcript and email it to them or update on the portal? Or do I need to request an official one to be sent to AMCAS? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Neither, just send them an update via email.

I would like to respectfully update the admissions committee on my recent academic work. In my Post-Bacc at XX School, I have earned a 4.0 over 15 credits that include classes in ..... (course names). Additionally, I have continued to volunteer, work, etc in WHATEVER. Please take these into consideration when evaluating and reviewing my applications for admissions. Thank you

Sincerely
John Does
AMCAS ID
Should I address the email to the dean or the admissions committee?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a post bac program at a med school and my fall semester grades just became available. I got a 4.0 and would like the update the schools with my grades since my GPA was a major weakness in my application. Should I just download the unofficial transcript and email it to them or update on the portal? Or do I need to request an official one to be sent to AMCAS? Thank you!

@Rhee Hi, I just came across your post today. I am a 4th year undergrad planning to take two gap years. I was trying to find someone in your position (just starting a post-bacc program after already submitting med school apps). Can I ask how that has been working out for you? Do you find it difficult/a hassle to update schools on your post-bacc grades? I was thinking of doing the same thing you're doing but I have been stressing about whether not having the post-bacc program finished by the time I submit med school apps would be a disadvantage / hinderance to my application since my GPA is also low (~3.4). Have you been receiving any interviews/acceptances since your grade updates so far?

Reactions: 1 user
When sending this update letter, do we send it to the general admission email? Or specifically the Dean/Chair of the admission? Or both?