Update Letter Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PremedImmigrant

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I recently started a scribe position and started a coding project that builds math games for kids while continuing to volunteer at the local food bank. I did not mention any of this in my application, should I write an update letter and send it to the schools that accept updates?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I started my food bank volunteering a couple months ago after secondaries were submitted, I recently started my scribing position and coding project this month. These were rather recent developments so I could not share them in my application.
 
You indicated earlier that you had around 400 hours at a food bank or with delivering meals. If these were already complete, I don’t believe an update on it will move the needle on its own. If you’ve gained 100 or more hours from scribing, you could certainly try mentioning that.
 
I started my food bank volunteering a couple months ago after secondaries were submitted, I recently started my scribing position and coding project this month. These were rather recent developments so I could not share them in my application.
I would not update until you have at least 100 hours gained per activity. Even so, i don't think you will move the needle more.