Update letter

Started by huxley
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

huxley

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am co-author (4th) on a manuscript that was just accepted today for publication. I was complete for most of my secondaries about a month ago.

Would you advise sending in an update letter to MSTP offices about this publication?

-H
 
I think a short email including the list of authors, acceptance date, article title, and journal name will suffice.
 
Thanks for your response.

You would recommend an email over letter?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
huxley said:
Thanks for your response.

You would recommend an email over letter?

Why not both? Just meantion that you're sending a hard copy as well. Better safe than sorry.
 
I usually emailed and mailed my updates--so they would have a paper copy that looks professional. I've been getting hammered on professionalism this (my first) year in my program so maybe it's a good idea to get started now.