Medical Update Letters and Letters of Intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you interviewed at a medical school and still waiting to hear back? Or are you waiting to hear from a school, period? It's a good time to send them an update letter!

Read our two very popular Cracking Med School Admissions blogs on update letters.
1) 4 Tips for Medical School Update Letters
2) No medical school invite. what to do next?

Reach out to us if you have questions or need advice regarding update letters!

Members don't see this ad.

Am I able to send a letter of intent to a school I have yet to interview at? I've received other interviews but my top choice school (a highly competitive school, where I am well below their MCAT average but above their GPA average) has yet to offer me an interview and I am looking for ways to up my chances there.

Am I able to send a letter of intent to a school I have yet to interview at? I've received other interviews but my top choice school (a highly competitive school, where I am well below their MCAT average but above their GPA average) has yet to offer me an interview and I am looking for ways to up my chances there.

Hello!

Great question :) First off, congrats on your interviews! It's still September and early in the application cycle. We would advise you to wait at least one more month before sending your top medical school an interview invite. Some students don't receive interview invites until January. Some medical schools need to take more time to review your application.

Hope this helps and reach out to us via direct message if you have any other questions!

Sincerely,
The Cracking Med School Admissions team