Update letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runawayclock

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you guys sending school updates on new activities? There are some schools (like BU, for one) that let you upload new documents onto their websites even after you submit but most don't. Do you guys do it via email or snail mail or smoke signals etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

bump.

Also, not to hijack, but Can I send an update letter to a school that has yet to ask for a secondary. I'm doing a medical mission trip in Africa during part of my gap year.

Unless the school screens for the secondary, I would wait until the secondary, since some schools have spots where you can put your ECs down, including ones not on your primary.

srsly.. anybody?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been doing email. Some of the schools have replied to confirm the receipt of the letter and some have not. I really don't know if this is the preferred way to do things or not.

Sorry for all the questions, but how are you writing them? Like

Dear Dean ________,

I am writing to add a new activity to my file, ____________, which I started on __/__/____, and will continue to __/__/_____. + short description?

Or something more formal?

Everyone seems so scared to send stuff, as if someone is going to be furious that you exhibited interest in their school. There are no rules, just write a letter, include your update and why you think their school is awesome and why you would fit in, and voila! Even if they didn't send you a secondary this could be what puts you over the edge, you really have nothing to lose.