Update LOR from clinical supervisor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IlyaR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be worth uploading such a letter to my schools? I have a committee letter and am complete almost everywhere. My ECs were a bit lackluster and my recent experiences working at a hospital were awesome. The way I see it the letter would not only be in strong support of me, but it would also "update" my ECs with ~150 hours of direct patient interaction. Don't know if this is something that would be disregarded.

Members don't see this ad.

If they have a space for update EC's (e.g. "If you have anything to add" spaces after you submitted), I don't see why you couldn't explain that you have been volunteering.

Not sure if sending letter in is necessary but if you want to err on the side of caution if they prefer verification, maybe contact admissions to check.

Reactions: 1 user
If they have a space for update EC's, I don't see why you couldn't explain that you have been volunteering.

Not sure if sending letter in is necessary but if you want to err on the side of caution if they want verification, maybe contact admissions to check.
I only saw a couple of schools with such a space, unless I'm overlooking something