Update question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeaL6

Class of 2018
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong because I have been fortunate enough to gain multiple acceptances this year, but I am attempting to finish my update letter for one of my state schools. I was wondering if I should mention my subpar MCAT somewhere. My application is excellent other than that blemish and I just want to know if I should say something about it along with all the other stuff I have written about this semester.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't do it. It's my understanding that you shouldn't focus on things like these (low score on section, one bad grade, etc.) unless it's brought up and you're asked to explain. It also doesn't really count as an update...

I would instead focus on positive things from this past semester in your update. Good luck.

I wouldn't do it. It's my understanding that you shouldn't focus on things like these (low score on section, one bad grade, etc.) unless it's brought up and you're asked to explain. It also doesn't really count as an update...

I would instead focus on positive things from this past semester in your update. Good luck.

+1

I'd only send updates about significant things you've done since submitting your secondary. If you haven't done anything significant, I wouldn't send a letter.

I agree.