ZeaL6

Class of 2018
Dec 31, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Don't get me wrong because I have been fortunate enough to gain multiple acceptances this year, but I am attempting to finish my update letter for one of my state schools. I was wondering if I should mention my subpar MCAT somewhere. My application is excellent other than that blemish and I just want to know if I should say something about it along with all the other stuff I have written about this semester.

May 10, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I wouldn't do it. It's my understanding that you shouldn't focus on things like these (low score on section, one bad grade, etc.) unless it's brought up and you're asked to explain. It also doesn't really count as an update...

I would instead focus on positive things from this past semester in your update. Good luck.

Pacna

Dyslexics, untie!
Jun 2, 2013
MN
Status
Medical Student
I wouldn't do it. It's my understanding that you shouldn't focus on things like these (low score on section, one bad grade, etc.) unless it's brought up and you're asked to explain. It also doesn't really count as an update...

I would instead focus on positive things from this past semester in your update. Good luck.
+1

I'd only send updates about significant things you've done since submitting your secondary. If you haven't done anything significant, I wouldn't send a letter.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
Camp SDN: The Place for Summer Fun

I agree.