Update timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PamplemoussePCR

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently had a pub accepted for publication, and have started a new volunteering gig.

At this point in the cycle, I've interviewed at all the schools I am going to, and I'm waiting for decisions. Should I wait for a decision to send this update letter so that I have something to say if I'm waitlisted, or should I just send it now?

Most of these schools are non-rolling, but I interviewed in the fall, so I'm not exactly sure when the committee will review or if they have already reviewed my application.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently had a pub accepted for publication, and have started a new volunteering gig.

At this point in the cycle, I've interviewed at all the schools I am going to, and I'm waiting for decisions. Should I wait for a decision to send this update letter so that I have something to say if I'm waitlisted, or should I just send it now?

Most of these schools are non-rolling, but I interviewed in the fall, so I'm not exactly sure when the committee will review or if they have already reviewed my application.

Thanks!
For schools that accept post-interview updates, letting them know about the accepted manuscript and where it will appear is a good idea. But unless you've been accumulating volunteer hours for awhile in the new gig, I'd save that one for a later update. If you got good fall term grades, that's worth mentioning, too.

Reactions: 1 user