Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PatchAdams25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am getting ready to write an update to a school and wanted to know the best way to go about this. I have a first author abstract and a 2nd author abstract accepted for a national conference. I also have two pending abstracts that will be accepted by end of Feb, but probably will not include these.

I have been accepted to my 2nd choice school (which I would be extremely happy to go to); however, I am aiming this update at my top choice. They are both state schools, the top choice school being ranked ~35 on US news and the 2nd choice ~40 US news.

In this update, should I include only my first author abstract or should I include both of the abstracts? I have email verification of the accepted abstract for the one I am first author that I will include, but the second email verification was sent to the primary author of the 2nd abstract.

Should I also include that I have been accepted at school X, but would attend them if given the chance because of X, Y, Z?

I know it is getting late in app season, but my top choice interviews through March. I feel like I should just be brutally honest with them and see if they bite.

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I am getting ready to write an update to a school and wanted to know the best way to go about this. I have a first author abstract and a 2nd author abstract accepted for a national conference. I also have two pending abstracts that will be accepted by end of Feb, but probably will not include these.

I have been accepted to my 2nd choice school (which I would be extremely happy to go to); however, I am aiming this update at my top choice. They are both state schools, the top choice school being ranked ~35 on US news and the 2nd choice ~40 US news.

1) In this update, should I include only my first author abstract or should I include both of the abstracts?
2) I have email verification of the accepted abstract for the one I am first author that I will include, but the second email verification was sent to the primary author of the 2nd abstract.

3) Should I also include that I have been accepted at school X, but would attend them if given the chance because of X, Y, Z?
1) Include both accepted abstracts.

2) Perhaps you could ask the first author for a copy of the email, so you have verification in hand.

3) No. But you could include your ongoing interest and reasons X, Y, and Z for why the school is a good fit for you. JMO.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you @Catalystik ! I was not sure the proper protocol/etiquette of including an acceptance to another, similarly ranked state school. Any other thoughts, @Goro @gonnif @gyngyn ? This will be my only/final update to the school, so I hope to have it all encompassing

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree 100% with the Cat

Thank you @Catalystik ! I was not sure the proper protocol/etiquette of including an acceptance to another, similarly ranked state school. Any other thoughts, @Goro @gonnif @gyngyn ? This will be my only/final update to the school, so I hope to have it all encompassing

Reactions: 1 user
Should I include copies of the abstract, or just verification from the conference that it has been accepted? I am guessing just attach a screenshot as an additional attachment along with the email would be sufficient? @Goro

Last edited: