Updating AMCAS after verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unlimited Apps

King of Appetizers
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just found out recently that I received a minor in something from my university that I just graduated from but I didn't have it on my AMCAS application (wasn't sure if it was official or not at the time and didn't want to list a minor that I might not have officially received).

Is there anyway for AMCAS to update this small change? If not, I am guessing its not worth much to medical schools in terms of an update or anything.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not a significant update for your application though it might be important to you personally; the courses you took are on your transcript correctly, right? If you want, when the interviewer asks you the dreaded generic question, "so, tell me a little about yourself" you can include that you have an interest in xyz and enjoyed taking classes in xyz in college in addition to your major in scientificism.

So I just found out recently that I received a minor in something from my university that I just graduated from but I didn't have it on my AMCAS application.

1) Is there anyway for AMCAS to update this small change?
2) I am guessing its not worth much to medical schools in terms of an update or anything.
1) No.
2) It's not.