Updating Amcas??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sassy24673

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a question, and I would appreciate your help! :) So, I have already submitted my AMCAS and it has been verified. However, I just started a new job position at the health department last week, and this was not put on my AMCAS because I hadn't received the position yet at the time I sent it in. I believe it has already been past 10 days since my AMCAS was verified. Is there any way I can add an activity to AMCAS, or am i better off emailing/ writing each school I applied to and let them know of my new position? Thanks for your advice SDNers!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, once you submit, it's pretty much set in stone with a few exceptions (demographic stuff). You'll have to update schools individually.

Nope, once you submit, it's pretty much set in stone with a few exceptions (demographic stuff). You'll have to update schools individually.

Thanks, how should I do this? Via email to admissions offices, letters sent to admissions, phone calls, etc? Any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
If a school is "e-mail friendly", a word document attached to an e-mail should suffice. Those that depend on snail mail, a letter would be suffice. Mode of transmission doesn't really matter as long as it gets there.

Lots of secondaries have the "attach an additional page" portion. You can update them there.