Updating schools about changes in class schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbehzad

Faddayy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if I should update each school that I changed my schedule for the fall semster? I know Emory required me to inform that what my curriculum was for the 2004-2005 year, which I will send an email to them today, but what about all the other schools that don't mention anything about my senior year classes? On my AMCAS application I put a possible schedule for the fall semester, but now its different.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

How different is your schedule? Is drastically different? As in you said you would be taking 18 credits of super hard classes, and now you're taking 12 credits of easy stuff? Because then you might want to tell them....

However, if it your schedule is very similar, you probably don't need to tell each school. I seriously doubt the classes you take this term are going to affect whether they accept you or not. Perhaps you can just mention the schedule change in the interview if you think it necesary.

That being said, if it makes you feel better, just e-mail the schools and tell them. Then you won't have to worry about whether you neglected to tell them important info :)

Members don't see this ad :)
tinkerbelle said:
How different is your schedule? Is drastically different? As in you said you would be taking 18 credits of super hard classes, and now you're taking 12 credits of easy stuff? Because then you might want to tell them....

However, if it your schedule is very similar, you probably don't need to tell each school. I seriously doubt the classes you take this term are going to affect whether they accept you or not. Perhaps you can just mention the schedule change in the interview if you think it necesary.

That being said, if it makes you feel better, just e-mail the schools and tell them. Then you won't have to worry about whether you neglected to tell them important info :)

You should update all schools that interview you with your new schedule at some point. When you do this is your choice. When I was applying last year, I sent updates only after I interviewed at schools. So if I didn't get an interview, I didn't update.
The only exception would be if you had a big change -- for example, you signed up to write a thesis but now you dropped that or you signed up to write a thesis this term just a few days ago... If there's such a change, I would let all schools know.

Johnisit1234 said:
You should update all schools that interview you with your new schedule at some point. When you do this is your choice. When I was applying last year, I sent updates only after I interviewed at schools. So if I didn't get an interview, I didn't update.
The only exception would be if you had a big change -- for example, you signed up to write a thesis but now you dropped that or you signed up to write a thesis this term just a few days ago... If there's such a change, I would let all schools know.

Well I changed a Persian class for and Education humanities class and I added a 2 credit independent study course to give me a total of 19 credits instead of 17. Do you think that I should update them then?

pbehzad said:
Well I changed a Persian class for and Education humanities class and I added a 2 credit independent study course to give me a total of 19 credits instead of 17. Do you think that I should update them then?

i think that you should...itll look good that your takin on more classes. Especially tell the schools u havent been invited for a interview yet, itll give u a chance to call em and see whats up.

How are you guys notifying the schools of your schedule changes? Via AMCAS, e-mail, letter? Sorry, I'm sorta clueless....

AsianDoc816 said:
How are you guys notifying the schools of your schedule changes? Via AMCAS, e-mail, letter? Sorry, I'm sorta clueless....

i called the admissions office when i had to do mine and also sent a email to the dean just so its on record that i told them.