Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

updating schools with Fall grades

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DAKAZA, Dec 17, 2008.

1. DAKAZA

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I've had one interview so far and pre-interview holds at a few schools. Is it required that I send an update showing my new grades? If so, do I just send a new transcript to the admissions office?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. silverlining1

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I am not sure if any school actually requires it, but it can certainly help you a bit if the grades you got were good. I would contact individual schools about the best method of sending the grades, though; some schools that I applied to didn't want official transcripts until after acceptance. They preferred that I just write them an email or send a letter telling them my grades (honor system, I guess =p).

4. Bacchus

Administrator Moderator Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I will be doing this. NYMC actually requested an official transcript. However, I don't think I'm going to go ahead with them. I'm sending a letter of interest with mine so I will be including the transcript with that.