1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Updating your file

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by musicalcolor, Feb 27, 2007.

1. musicalcolor

musicalcolor New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would like to send a recommendation from my PI (I'm taking a year off between undergrad and med school doing research) to a few schools that I'm still waiting to hear back from. Does anyone know whether I can mail them the letter directly or if he needs to send it to the letter service at my undergrad (UC Berkeley)? The reason I'm asking is because I want to send those schools a letter of interest, updates on my file, etc and I would like to include his LOR with them.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Stolenspatulas

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i was in the exact same situation. tell him to put it into an envelope for you. put a stamp, write the address, and ship it! (since you're not supposed to read it I would not include it in an envelope with an update letter--- do them separately).