Updating your file

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musicalcolor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to send a recommendation from my PI (I'm taking a year off between undergrad and med school doing research) to a few schools that I'm still waiting to hear back from. Does anyone know whether I can mail them the letter directly or if he needs to send it to the letter service at my undergrad (UC Berkeley)? The reason I'm asking is because I want to send those schools a letter of interest, updates on my file, etc and I would like to include his LOR with them.

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to send a recommendation from my PI (I'm taking a year off between undergrad and med school doing research) to a few schools that I'm still waiting to hear back from. Does anyone know whether I can mail them the letter directly or if he needs to send it to the letter service at my undergrad (UC Berkeley)? The reason I'm asking is because I want to send those schools a letter of interest, updates on my file, etc and I would like to include his LOR with them.

i was in the exact same situation. tell him to put it into an envelope for you. put a stamp, write the address, and ship it! (since you're not supposed to read it I would not include it in an envelope with an update letter--- do them separately).