Upenn Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi friends,
I know one of my friends was accepted at Upenn who was interviewed in the middle of october, not a reapplicant and the scores are more than 95 So one more slot was filled.

Members don't see this ad.

so far all those accepted hav scores n high 90s.........so why do they call people with scores in 80s for interviews if they dunt intend to giv a seat

so far all those accepted hav scores n high 90s.........so why do they call people with scores in 80s for interviews if they dunt intend to giv a seat

they should not interview 400 ppl if they have just 20 seats...doest it makes sense at all..there is no ratio. it takes money, time, energy and so many other things just to get frustrations. I am not unhappy coz I didnt get a fedex rather coz they mislead a lot...on the day of interview they said there are 34 seats and now they are saying there are just 20 seats..and the timings to send out the acceptances was the biggest lie..I dont really understand what do they want...probably making money from the application fees thats all:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
they should not interview 400 ppl if they have just 20 seats...doest it makes sense at all..there is no ratio. it takes money, time, energy and so many other things just to get frustrations. I am not unhappy coz I didnt get a fedex rather coz they mislead a lot...on the day of interview they said there are 34 seats and now they are saying there are just 20 seats..and the timings to send out the acceptances was the biggest lie..I dont really understand what do they want...probably making money from the application fees thats all:mad:

You are 200% right rodent... when they have just around 20 seats, it makes sense to interview 60 or 70 people... why on earth do they have to call 350 - 400 people for the interview and waste everyones time... especially some of us like me who have travelled across half the globe to just attend this interview... its just such a waste of time and money...

what the hell have they done ...just accepted everyone out of the september batch...why do they need rest of the interviews...just to tell everyone that they are a part of ivy league..and you have to pay 100,000 dollars to be in the basement for first year..I am so much pissed off with this upenn stuff..you know what naty lopez asked a student in our batch..you must be very frustated because of your failures, aren't you? So fisrt thing they take money form you, call you for the interview even if they know they are not going to take you in, dont value your hard work at all, and last but not the least harrass you by asking irrational questions and then reject you..oooh lala...great experience...i am pissed off:smuggrin:

what the hell have they done ...just accepted everyone out of the september batch...why do they need rest of the interviews...just to tell everyone that they are a part of ivy league..and you have to pay 100,000 dollars to be in the basement for first year..I am so much pissed off with this upenn stuff..you know what naty lopez asked a student in our batch..you must be very frustated because of your failures, aren't you? So fisrt thing they take money form you, call you for the interview even if they know they are not going to take you in, dont value your hard work at all, and last but not the least harrass you by asking irrational questions and then reject you..oooh lala...great experience...i am pissed off:smuggrin:

hi,
with a total of 22 seats, and if they hav filled out 6 already at sdn, might be total 12 or more filled from sept batch.......what the hell are they going to do when they say they r gonna interview till feb end...........plus they say score doesnt matter it is the overall application, but all the 6 people selected so far hav scores in high90s..........

Love the FedEx guy:cool: ....would have married him if I was gay.........:D

Hi borntobedent,
Congrats and wish you all the very best for your course at UPenn....

:thumbup: Good Luck

Thanks mate, wish u all the very best too......just to answer some of the other Qs by others, I was a 1st time/fresh/virgin applicant ;) and got the results within a week of the interview......:D

ppl i guess i am the first one over sdn to get the alternate candidate letter from upenn...but i got in BU

First of all congrats to all who got acceptance.

UPenn website says the application deadline is Dec 22, 2006 for the PASS program. I have just started my application process. It is really surprising to know that they are already sending the acceptance letters. Why the hell they have deadline as Dec 22nd?.

Most California schools's have deadline on or before Sep 15th and invite the selected applicants for the interview in same day or atleast same week and I also heard that they are going to send the acceptance letters by Nov 20th. This is a standard process but the UPenn process is totally unfair. I beleive they should not send the acceptance letters before the application deadline

Does any one know whether UPenn is still accepting the applications for PASS program?

I think it is the time to start this thread. I got the fedex today. Wish everyone good luck!:luck:
Hi,

this is caris & am a new member at the sdn forum. i got an interview call from Upenn, for next Tue. since u've already got ur acceptance, pls let me know how ur interview was, what they asked, how u prepared. kindly advice & congrats on ur acceptance!!

First of all congrats to all who got acceptance.

UPenn website says the application deadline is Dec 22, 2006 for the PASS program. I have just started my application process. It is really surprising to know that they are already sending the acceptance letters. Why the hell they have deadline as Dec 22nd?.

Most California schools's have deadline on or before Sep 15th and invite the selected applicants for the interview in same day or atleast same week and I also heard that they are going to send the acceptance letters by Nov 20th. This is a standard process but the UPenn process is totally unfair. I beleive they should not send the acceptance letters before the application deadline

Does any one know whether UPenn is still accepting the applications for PASS program?

Hi, everybody,
I feel your pain. We just have accept this situation. I passed part I and II, have high GPA, expirence and I am still nowhere. Good luck!

Hi,Upenn
Congratulations! I got mine yesterday! See you in April!!!:D good luck to all who are waiting!
Hi tumi,

Hi tumi,

this is caris & am a new member at the sdn forum. i got an interview call from Upenn, for next Tue. since u've already got ur acceptance, pls let me know how ur interview was, what they asked, how u prepared. kindly advice & congrats on ur acceptance!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Friends,

I received Upenn acceptance yesterday.I am a reapplicant and had my interview on 10/19/06.Good luck to all of you.
Hi,

Hi Upenn , tumi and borntobedent and all those u got an acceptance letter from upenn,
congratulations to all of u and good luck.My best wishes
small wonder

Thanks mate, wish u all the very best too......just to answer some of the other Qs by others, I was a 1st time/fresh/virgin applicant ;) and got the results within a week of the interview......:D
Hi,

Hi there,

I think it is the time to start this thread. I got the fedex today. Wish everyone good luck!:luck:
Hi upenn,

Hi,

Hi upenn,

Hi,

Recieved rejection letter from Upenn today.
Well, it is not the end of the life. I expected at least a waiting list.

Hi there,

i'm new to the sdn forum. i got an interview call from Upenn & its for next Tue 7th. since u've been there before pls if u cld shed some light on preparation for interview, what was ur experience.
btw congrats on ur acceptance.

thanks,
caris.

hi caris,do u mind sharing ur stats and when u had mailed the application

Please check back my previous post. GOOD LUCK TO YOUR INTERVIEW.

Hi,

Hey all,

just to let u know that i too got accepted to Upenn:)

i didn't get a Fedex just a direct phone call......

c all of u in April:thumbup:

hi caris congratulations.
could u please post ur stats and if u were a first timer?:thumbup:

Hey all,

just to let u know that i too got accepted to Upenn:)

i didn't get a Fedex just a direct phone call......

c all of u in April:thumbup:

hi
could u pl tell me when u applied and when were u called fran interview and pl what r ur stats? thanx a lot

Hi,

my stats- 90/105/2.77.
reapplicant.
applied in Sep, called for interview in Nov & accepted after 3 days of interview.

Hi,

my stats- 90/105/2.77.
reapplicant.
applied in Sep, called for interview in Nov & accepted after 3 days of interview.

hi guys,
seems like 90 is the lowest upenn has accepted so far........:( :scared: :confused: ............anyone has been accepted with lower score????any reapplicants?

CONGRATS to upenn, tumi, dentidoc,vpg,caries, bornto be............you guys did great, u should be proud of yourself, seem slike 4 of the above are reapplicants,and indians and all scores over 90..........

Hi gyes,
I am in the alternate list of upenn.Good luck to all.:thumbup:

Congrats to all who have got in..
Ambitious if u get in here also..which school will u choose?..

I have been getting so many mails asking if I have applied in Upenn. Well, I have not applied there due to some personal reasons.

I have been hearing a lot of shocking stories about Upenn. God knows wht is happening these days..CAlling so many candidates for only 20 seats..??
This is ridiculous!..Really a waste to time, money and energy. And asking irrational questions?..Well, maybe they just want to test ur patience..

Anyways, I have heard tht it is a good school and have a good program too. Moreover we also get vacations there, which we dont in BU.:(
I am comparing with BU coz I got in there.

Congrats to all who have got in..
Ambitious if u get in here also..which school will u choose?..

I have been getting so many mails asking if I have applied in Upenn. Well, I have not applied there due to some personal reasons.

I have been hearing a lot of shocking stories about Upenn. God knows wht is happening these days..CAlling so many candidates for only 20 seats..??
This is ridiculous!..Really a waste to time, money and energy. And asking irrational questions?..Well, maybe they just want to test ur patience..

Anyways, I have heard tht it is a good school and have a good program too. Moreover we also get vacations there, which we dont in BU.:(
I am comparing with BU coz I got in there.

Hi Richa,
How are you ? Actually before visiting any school,Upen was my first choice and an additional advantage was that it is 3 hours drive from my residence.But after the interviews and after visiting UPEN and BU,my choice has been changed.Now my first choice is BU.So definitely i am going to BU and i wont wait for UPEN.I am not saying that upen is not good ,of course it is a good school.But i think that BU will be most suitable for me cause i have found many positive aspects of BU.Anyway,looking forward to meet you at BU and definitely we all will be very good friends and will enjoy our time.:) :)

guys I applied at upenn probably 3 weeks ago and I never heard form them yet if they received my application, do I need to call them up or they going to email me or something? anyone who applied? thanks.:)

guys I applied at upenn probably 3 weeks ago and I never heard form them yet if they received my application, do I need to call them up or they going to email me or something? anyone who applied? thanks.:)

hi
how r u?what r your stats?did u retake part 1 yet? i remember u onnce mentioned u were thinknig abt retaking???any other interviews yet?
upenn usually calls or mails for the letter on interview, that is what i got last time.........they dunt giv interview info over phone , but if your letter is already mailed they wud tell u that

Congratulations!
Could you tell me something that I really want to know.
1. Does upen care about the materials such as reference letters and PS, other than what is requied in their website? I personally definitely do not bother to send those extra stuff, but I worry about to some sence, they may add some weight on the application. Therefore, I want to ask you about this and please confirm it.
2. As a re-applicant, do you ever provide any more materials or just send only the pervious applicaiton materials again in next time?

Thanks a lot for your time,best regards,

Hi,

my stats- 90/105/2.77.
reapplicant.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted.
I'm thinking of writing the application form,but it looks like many people have been accepted. Are there any spot left for late applicants?Since I haven't noticed anyone mentioned about waiting list, does Uppen sent out waiting listed letters?

Thanks a lot.

ambitious has posted that he/she is on the waitlist at UPenn....so looks like they do inform the applicants of their status.....

hi everyone,
congratulations to everyone who got accepted. can anyone help me about what they ask in the interview at upenn? I got an interview call for the 15th dec and this is my first interview. so any help is appreciated.

Hi friends, after one-month waiting, I finally received my Fedex from Upenn this morning:D :D For those of you who has been in the same boat as me, I wish you good luck.
I am a fresh applicant.
My stats are 96 (Part I), GPA 3.73, iBT 105

hey smillingjj,
heartiest congratulations for your acceptance .... definately a star amongst all colleges .... could u plz write when was your interview??

hey smillingjj,
heartiest congratulations for your acceptance .... definately a star amongst all colleges .... could u plz write when was your interview??

Nov 17.

hi guys
has anyone below 90 been interviewed or accepted at upenn so far this year????those who know the answer, please do take a min to write .

Hi friends, after one-month waiting, I finally received my Fedex from Upenn this morning:D :D For those of you who has been in the same boat as me, I wish you good luck.
I am a fresh applicant.
My stats are 96 (Part I), GPA 3.73, iBT 105
Hi smilingjj, yours stat are excellent, you deserve it. congratulations.

Hi smilingjj, yours stat are excellent, you deserve it. congratulations.

Thank you, Stelon. And good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Thank you, Stelon. And good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

hey guys congrats to all those who have been accepted
hmm still waiting for the letter

there's another person from nov 17 batch who got his acceptance last week.

Hello- Any Fedex acceptances at Upenn after dec-14th ? I know that there were interviews on Dec 15th. Any pointers on acceptances?

Hi... I am new here. I got my alternate list again. I received the letter yesteday. I was intv at the first week of Dec. I was sad but it was my mistake...should do more and sell myself during the intv.
Well, Congratulation to all of u who got accepted. It is a very good program and school.
And, good luck to all of you who will go for the interview, be yourself, relax and don't be nervous.
Merry Christmas'06

one of my friend from nov 17 batch got waitlisted.
waiting for my letter.
all the best to everyone

Don't be sad, LKY. Being on the waiting list means you qualified for the program. Penn is doing its best to find a spot/seat for you.......

I am sure you have also tried other schools such as BU, UMN and UMichigan. They either have more seats or just started the process. You should have no problem getting into one of those programs with your qualification.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.