upenn call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkindia32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
i got call from upenn.i m nervous little bit.so pls help me by some tips regarding the questions and other aspects.pls....pls... reply.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats! can i ask when you applied?
pinkindia32 said:
hey guys
i got call from upenn.i m nervous little bit.so pls help me by some tips regarding the questions and other aspects.pls....pls... reply.

pinkindia32 said:
hey guys
i got call from upenn.i m nervous little bit.so pls help me by some tips regarding the questions and other aspects.pls....pls... reaply.
Be your self and be honest.Dont worry they dont ask any technical or any kind of difficult ones ,just be ready to talk about yourself .Look through the sdn interview website that will give a good idea of what to expect.Good luck and do well. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx a lot.thats what i had heard from evrybody.i hrd that there is one profesor of microbiology who might ask abt micro.
is it ok to postpone the interview.i have some personal reason.suggest me bye.

Hey
mine is on nov 11th
when is urs?
reply ASAP
bye

pinkindia32 said:
thanx a lot.thats what i had heard from evrybody.i hrd that there is one profesor of microbiology who might ask abt micro.
is it ok to postpone the interview.i have some personal reason.suggest me bye.
As far as possible its always better to take your interview on the given date unless you have something very essential to do on that day that you cant postpone.If you feel its not something you can postpone ,call Upenn asap and tell them about your problem, it must be genuine for them to accept it.See what they have to say and take it from there.Goodluck. :thumbup:

Dear Pinkindia32 , Nolls and other SDN'ers going to Upenn for an interview...

I was at upenn for an Interview on the 20th of this month and here are my views about the interview....
First thing in the morning we were made to watch a video about the school and the kind of questions we may have. My opinion was that the video, though informative, was a bit too long :sleep: and we should have been given a break after an hour or so...(its about 2hrs 20 min long!!!)
Coming to the interview, the atmosphere was pretty laid back and casual rather than being like an "interview" as we all assume...the only thing that wasn't really, ummm how can I put it.....well.... satisfying was that they didn't have any expression on their face when u were talking to them so u don't actually know how they react to u as an individual...:confused: the questions are about u in general though I know a girl in our group was asked a little about the oral bacteria.but that's just a vague chance....
I was impressed by the new wing and the dent-sim lab which were really nice...but coming to the old wing ...it's was a bit claustrophobic considering the labs were in the basement... :scared: :eek:

During lunch we had a chance to talk to a couple of students who were really halpful and nice. Then we were given a tour of the school by a PASS student so that u can relate to them and also feel free to ask any questions that you may have regarding the school/program :idea:

I shall try post a few questions asked during the interviews a little later.(by the way we were told not to give out rehearsed answers....) :D

Please post any questions that I may not have answered and i shall try my best to be of help...
In the meantime...have fun and keep the faith...All the best!!! :) :luck:

that was very nice of you, sure it'll be great help.
howz the scope for reseach?
how do they react when u talk about reseach?
any idea, what they r looking for?.

scores?, residency status- does it matter?, inclination to do a post graduation?

thank you so much

hey, my interview is on 17th nove, wondering if anybody has it on the same day, and looking for a roommate (girl), to share with.

hey
congrats u got a call from upenn. can u tell me does work experience in US matters? because i have no work experience as i dont have legal status to work in US..so i have left that column blank in upenn application. please help
good luck :thumbup: for the interview

it was nice of u to spend ur time on this thread.it will be really helpful for me and others.
i was not having any work experience when i sent the application but now i have 2-3 months experience.so should i take the letter from my dentist with me or i should just send it thru mail.let me know.
thanx a lot.take care.keep replying.

pinkindia32 said:
it was nice of u to spend ur time on this thread.it will be really helpful for me and others.
i was not having any work experience when i sent the application but now i have 2-3 months experience.so should i take the letter from my dentist with me or i should just send it thru mail.let me know.
thanx a lot.take care.keep replying.
Carry the letter with you as there was one person with me who was in a similar situation and she asked them what she should do ,so they asked her to submit the letter after her interviews to add to her file.Good luck :thumbup:

thanx g.p .i got call from BU also.so any tips for that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Be your self and convince them you really want to be at BU!!Good luck

hey any1 going for the interview on nov19th?

Ann 03 said:
hey any1 going for the interview on nov19th?

Hi, ann did you receive the interview call on nov 19?
I will be there on niv 19.

Congratulation.
:laugh: :laugh:

hey guys
i got a call today from upenn for an interview on nov 10th
i was taken aback because i was send a rejection letter on 30th september
I think they are very disorganized
please give me some tips about the interview and is it true that this interviews are only for wait list?? and we are wasting our time and money
and also if anybody has an interview on nov 10th and are willing to share rooms please let me know
my email address is [email protected]
also give me some tips on cheap and good hotels near the university

i want to know how did UPENN call you for interview, by phone, email or mail?

Hello,
Did anyone get an interview call from Upenn:hungover:ecember/ early january ?? :thumbup:
Let me know
Thanks
Toothzone :luck:

Hey Toothzone
I have my call on dec.1st.

i have inter. call on 8 dec. at upenn.

pinkindia32 said:
i have inter. call on 8 dec. at upenn.
would you please tell me when did you send your application and your scores ;)

ocdentist said:
Hey Toothzone
I have my call on dec.1st.
when did you send your application?and would you please tell me your scores? ;)

i had got call on nov 18.but i postponed it to dec 8th.i had applied in aug.i think my score reached there late so i got call little late.

anybody got call on dec. 8th.pls let me know so we can arrange somewhere for staying or renting a car etc.

Does any body have interview on 20 January???

does any one know if penn ppl are sending 2nd batch of acceptances for those interviewed in nov?

penn ppl are sending their next bacth of acceptances next week so gl all. :thumbup:

pinkindia32 said:
anybody got call on dec. 8th.pls let me know so we can arrange somewhere for staying or renting a car etc.
hi pinkindia
did u say ur interview is on 8th december? i thought they always interviewed on a thursday and 8th is a wednesday. my interview at upenn is on 9th december
all the best for ur interview :thumbup:

thanx for the concern.but i am not going for the interview.i got acceptence at uni. of colorado ,denver.thanx

hi guys, i am having an interview on 16th february......... anybody else on the same day..........

dentocure said:
hi guys, i am having an interview on 16th february......... anybody else on the same day..........

congrats u got interview call from u penn..can u tell me when did u apply and what r ur stats..i too applied there but have not heard anything from them yet..

All the best for interview :thumbup:

Hi,
Anyone called in the 2nd week of january at Upenn? :)
Thanks
TZ :luck:

Toothzone said:
Hi,
Anyone called in the 2nd week of january at Upenn? :)
My interview date is 13th january,if anyone else is called on the same date, Kindly send me a PM.
Thanks
TZ :luck:
when did u apply
good luck

I sent my application on 22nd of november. I got an interview call letter on december 3rd.....dont worry u will get the letter soon.......... and all the best. :thumbup: :)

healthy teeth said:
congrats u got interview call from u penn..can u tell me when did u apply and what r ur stats..i too applied there but have not heard anything from them yet..

All the best for interview :thumbup:

hey ocdentist,
U said u had an interview on dec 1st. how did it go?

dentocure said:
I sent my application on 22nd of november. I got an interview call letter on december 3rd.....dont worry u will get the letter soon.......... and all the best. :thumbup: :)

Hi dentocure,
When is your interview at Penn? Can you kindly let me know what are your stats ?
NDBE /Toefl/GPA?/Work experience?
All the best
Toothzone :thumbup:

My interview is on 16th of february. my scores are... part one 95, toefl 273.. gpa.. 3.2 and 1yr of experience as dental assistant in u.s.a. what about urs?
Toothzone said:
Hi dentocure,
When is your interview at Penn? Can you kindly let me know what are your stats ?
NDBE /Toefl/GPA?/Work experience?
All the best
Toothzone :thumbup:

No body seems to be continuing this post........ what happened?
dentocure said:
My interview is on 16th of february. my scores are... part one 95, toefl 273.. gpa.. 3.2 and 1yr of experience as dental assistant in u.s.a. what about urs?

everybody is shocked after seeing ur stats.

hey pinkindia32,
Did u attend ur interview on dec 8th at upenn???????

dentocure,

with ppl like youwith 95 being called for intrview so late,I don't have any chance.....with 86....should I call them up and ask them if I have any chance....I have given up on Boston.

NYU and NOVA are my only hopes now.

[Hi......i got an interview call from UPENN for 10th FEb
I applied in November and by the time they they got everyhting including the letters of recommendation it was dec.......
i was just wondering where i stand......do i still have a chance...???? :confused:

hi everybody
I have my upenn interview on 3rd feb..does anybody else has it on the same day

I have my call on 2nd feb!!

Happy new yr to everyone in here!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,
i got interview letter from u.penn on feb 10th.if any one has before or on same day plaese give me some tips.

thank you

shdentist :thumbup:

hi,
anybody knows how many seats left in u.penn.

thank u

hi everybody,
i have recieved a call for interview at upenn on 2 feb.anyone else attending the interview on the same day pls do write back.
any girl interested to share accomodation on the same day ?
AJ

iamaj1 said:
hi everybody,
i have recieved a call for interview at upenn on 2 feb.anyone else attending the interview on the same day pls do write back.
any girl interested to share accomodation on the same day ?
AJ

Hai iamaj1,

Hey even i have recieved a call on feb 2.I'll see u there.

Regards
Gorur