UPenn Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an email with the supplemental application and fee information yet? I submitted my AADSAS application on June 1, and it was verified on June 2. However, UPenn is one of the two schools I have not yet received an email from, so I wanted to check and make sure before contacting the school. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted same day. Haven’t heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard anything as of July 5th. Has anyone gotten anything back from UPenn?

I submitted my application back in June, but it still says "none" under the check status tab for AADSAS. Just wondering if it also says that for you guys.

I received the supplement

I also got the UPenn supplemental invite. Does anyone have ideas the ethical dilemma essay?
Does everyone receive supplemental invite?

Do you need research experience to get into upenn?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive an application complete email today? I submitted my supplementals and fee a couple weeks ago so not sure why it took so long
I submitted my supplemental about 3 weeks ago still haven’t received an application complete email

Did anyone receive an application complete email today? I submitted my supplementals and fee a couple weeks ago so not sure why it took so long
I submitted my supplemental about 3 weeks ago still haven’t received an application complete email
I received an App complete email on the 21st of July, got my supplemental link on the 12th.

I received a supplemental application confirmation email on 7/27 after I completed my supplementals and paid my fee but not an application complete email.

I received a supplemental application confirmation email on 7/27 after I completed my supplementals and paid my fee but not an application complete email.

Got my application complete email today that says they’ll conduct interviews September through March

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if we’ll hear anything soon? Last year’s thread said they sent out invites on 8/26

Does anyone know if we’ll hear anything soon? Last year’s thread said they sent out invites on 8/26
In 2019 initial interview invites (iii) were sent out 8/16, in 2020 iii were sent out 9/2, and 2021 iii were sent out 8/26. The standard deviation between all those days is 8.5 and the average of those three dates is 8/25, so based on that data iii should've been sent out sometime in the last 17 days. So, it's within reason to say iii will get sent out in the next week. Obviously that isn't a 100% thing but I like having a solid estimate as to when they're sent out.

Reactions: 3 users
In 2019 initial interview invites (iii) were sent out 8/16, in 2020 iii were sent out 9/2, and 2021 iii were sent out 8/26. The standard deviation between all those days is 8.5 and the average of those three dates is 8/25, so based on that data iii should've been sent out sometime in the last 17 days. So, it's within reason to say iii will get sent out in the next week. Obviously that isn't a 100% thing but I like having a solid estimate as to when they're sent out.

I appreciate this math lol, thank you!

Interview #6
School: UPenn
Notification date: 9/8
Method of notification: Email
Application complete date: 8/16/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/20/19/20 No section below a 17
Dates available OR your interview date: 09/30/22
Method of interview: Virtual

I have a general question that I have not been able to find an answer to elsewhere on SDN. I submitted my UPenn supplemental in July. Since I did not get an interview, does that mean I'm rejected? They have clearly viewed my app already if people who submitted in August got an interview so does that essentially mean I am rejected? Or do schools ever circle back?

I have a general question that I have not been able to find an answer to elsewhere on SDN. I submitted my UPenn supplemental in July. Since I did not get an interview, does that mean I'm rejected? They have clearly viewed my app already if people who submitted in August got an interview so does that essentially mean I am rejected? Or do schools ever circle back?
Don’t stress yourself out. Sometimes there’s no true pattern to who receives their interviews and at what time, regardless of when you submit. Keep your head up! There’s still time. 🙂

Reactions: 3 users
I applied in July too and haven't heard back

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/21
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 7/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/22/No
Dates available: October: 6, 7, 13,14, 20, 21

Interview #4
Notification date: 9/21
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15/22
complete date: 7/10/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/21/16/19, PAT below a 17
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/07/22

Like Quote Reply

When should I expect to receive an email giving the itinerary/instructions about the interview? My interview is in two weeks and still haven't heard anything from them since I was invited.

When should I expect to receive an email giving the itinerary/instructions about the interview? My interview is in two weeks and still haven't heard anything from them since I was invited.
They sent mine out on the Monday of the week of my interview. I wouldn't stress now.

Anyone know when the next batch will be released? Starting to feel a little scared hehe :’)

Has anyone received email instructions for their interview if it’s on the 13th? I’m just waiting for the itinerary and I haven’t heard anything yet.

Interview #10
Notification date: 10/17
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/05/22
complete date: 08/22/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 26/28/24/25/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/17

I think it was only for supplemental fee.
This is the email from this September:

“One final reminder that Penn Dental Medicine does not communicate application status information in the AADSAS applicant portal. We will communicate status information by email or through the PDM Applicant Portal.”

Last edited:
Anyone get a random email from UPenn just now, talking about admissions portal?

This is the email from this September:

“One final reminder that Penn Dental Medicine does not communicate application status information in the AADSAS applicant portal. We will communicate status information by email or through the PDM Applicant Portal.”

Yeah it just shows if the application is completed on my end, nothing like it’s under review or denied.

UPenn just dragging it out lmao. Every time I get an email I think it’s an interview invite but just a thanks for waiting email, lol.

Literally I swear they spend more time sending those emails than going through apps