UPenn Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

What was the name of the person that called you for your acceptance? I got a little too excited and now I don’t remember.

Members don't see this ad.

What was the name of the person that called you for your acceptance? I got a little too excited and now I don’t remember.
It was Brian for me. I really enjoyed talking to him at the end of the interview about cars lmao. I was pleasantly surprised to talk to him again

congrats to all who were accepted! current D4 at Penn and would be happy to answer any questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear about an open house/ in-person tour for accepted students? There was mention of this during my interview day but nothing since

Does anyone who got a scholarship via call know when they would send out scholarship letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably not yet, I got an email today that im still in their multitiered review process
Yeah I got that same email as well today....they used to send rejection letters starting December according to previous year's threads so I'm getting nervous😂

Yeah I got that same email as well today....they used to send rejection letters starting December according to previous year's threads so I'm getting nervous😂
Lol im honestly shocked bc they are waaay out of my league. I was expecting a rejection when i saw the email.

Lol they’ll send me a rejection after I send my fall grades. Didn’t do as well this semester as my last ones but oh well, passed my last prerequisite course so we’re golden. I got a few acceptances already. I was shocked it wasn’t a rejection email this morning!😂

For those who have already interviewed and haven't heard back will we be hearing back before January 15th because thats the deadline to accept for other acceptances

For those who have already interviewed and haven't heard back will we be hearing back before January 15th because thats the deadline to accept for other acceptances
I think they can let you know after jan 15...do you mean for waitlist?

Lol this is so annoying but like did everybodyvget a happy new years envelope from penn admissions in the mail ?

Lol this is so annoying but like did everybodyvget a happy new years envelope from penn admissions in the mail ?

Already a dental student but if this happened to me back when I was applying I would have been furious!

Email, I can understand if they must... but physical mail? That is cruel lmao. I would've 110% been expecting an acceptance inside, at least initially.

was anyone notified of their scholarship via email or a letter? they told me about it on the phone but otherwise I don't see anything

was anyone notified of their scholarship via email or a letter? they told me about it on the phone but otherwise I don't see anything

I got a letter in the mail and there was a couple letters in the envelope. One of them mentioned the scholarship

Reactions: 1 user
Question, does Penn use Certiphi for Background Check? (I got multiple acceptances and was sent the Certiphi background check, but the program is having issues for me. So I'm hoping Penn uses a different background check system.)

Interview #2
School: UPenn
Notification date: 1/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/30
Application complete date: 11/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.93. 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/24/No
Dates available: 1/24
Method of interview: Zoom

Just declined my offer, hope this opens up a spot for someone else today.

Same, declined my seat and $40k/year scholarship offer. It’ll be someone else’s lucky day!

Hi guys, is there anyone here who interviewed early Dec and got accepted? I had my interview early Dec and haven’t received any email yet. I’m so worry! Any updates?

Hi guys, is there anyone here who interviewed early Dec and got accepted? I had my interview early Dec and haven’t received any email yet. I’m so worry! Any updates?

I was. I wouldn’t worry too much yet though

Just got an interview offer this morning! Any advice?

Just got an interview offer this morning! Any advice?

My best piece of advice is be prepared with a million thoughtful questions to ask your interviewers. They gave me so much time to ask and seemed happy with me for doing research on the school to make the questions.

Has anyone who submitted their supplemental by December heard back from Penn?

Also, have they set out rejections?

Has anyone who submitted their supplemental by December heard back from Penn?

Also, have they set out rejections?
I haven't heard of anyone getting rejections yet. I received another email this morning saying that theyre still considering my application and that it's still under consideration. Not sure if that means much this far into the cycle. My app was complete in September, has anyone who's app was complete then or even later gotten interviews or anything? Im OOS btw

I haven't heard of anyone getting rejections yet. I received another email this morning saying that theyre still considering my application and that it's still under consideration. Not sure if that means much this far into the cycle. My app was complete in September, has anyone who's app was complete then or even later gotten interviews or anything? Im OOS btw
I've been complete since July, and received the same email this morning. Haven't been rejected, though at this point I'd rather have them just rip the bandaid off than keep dragging this out. It's annoying getting these "updated status" emails when there's nothing to actually update me on. Considering just pulling my application at this point since I've already confirmed my seat somewhere else.