UPenn Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What was the name of the person that called you for your acceptance? I got a little too excited and now I don’t remember.
It was Brian for me. I really enjoyed talking to him at the end of the interview about cars lmao. I was pleasantly surprised to talk to him again
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone hear about an open house/ in-person tour for accepted students? There was mention of this during my interview day but nothing since
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably not yet, I got an email today that im still in their multitiered review process
Yeah I got that same email as well today....they used to send rejection letters starting December according to previous year's threads so I'm getting nervous😂
 
Yeah I got that same email as well today....they used to send rejection letters starting December according to previous year's threads so I'm getting nervous😂
Lol im honestly shocked bc they are waaay out of my league. I was expecting a rejection when i saw the email.
 
Lol they’ll send me a rejection after I send my fall grades. Didn’t do as well this semester as my last ones but oh well, passed my last prerequisite course so we’re golden. I got a few acceptances already. I was shocked it wasn’t a rejection email this morning!😂
 
For those who have already interviewed and haven't heard back will we be hearing back before January 15th because thats the deadline to accept for other acceptances
 
Lol this is so annoying but like did everybodyvget a happy new years envelope from penn admissions in the mail ?

Already a dental student but if this happened to me back when I was applying I would have been furious!

Email, I can understand if they must... but physical mail? That is cruel lmao. I would've 110% been expecting an acceptance inside, at least initially.
 
was anyone notified of their scholarship via email or a letter? they told me about it on the phone but otherwise I don't see anything
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question, does Penn use Certiphi for Background Check? (I got multiple acceptances and was sent the Certiphi background check, but the program is having issues for me. So I'm hoping Penn uses a different background check system.)
 
Interview #2
School: UPenn
Notification date: 1/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/30
Application complete date: 11/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.93. 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/24/No
Dates available: 1/24
Method of interview: Zoom
 
Hi guys, is there anyone here who interviewed early Dec and got accepted? I had my interview early Dec and haven’t received any email yet. I’m so worry! Any updates?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview offer this morning! Any advice?

My best piece of advice is be prepared with a million thoughtful questions to ask your interviewers. They gave me so much time to ask and seemed happy with me for doing research on the school to make the questions.
 
Has anyone who submitted their supplemental by December heard back from Penn?

Also, have they set out rejections?
I haven't heard of anyone getting rejections yet. I received another email this morning saying that theyre still considering my application and that it's still under consideration. Not sure if that means much this far into the cycle. My app was complete in September, has anyone who's app was complete then or even later gotten interviews or anything? Im OOS btw
 
I haven't heard of anyone getting rejections yet. I received another email this morning saying that theyre still considering my application and that it's still under consideration. Not sure if that means much this far into the cycle. My app was complete in September, has anyone who's app was complete then or even later gotten interviews or anything? Im OOS btw
I've been complete since July, and received the same email this morning. Haven't been rejected, though at this point I'd rather have them just rip the bandaid off than keep dragging this out. It's annoying getting these "updated status" emails when there's nothing to actually update me on. Considering just pulling my application at this point since I've already confirmed my seat somewhere else.