My problems with Sansom East:
1. The size of the rooms. A 10' x 9' room in a shared apartment (I was in the double apartment) was really too small for me.
2. The dinginess of the rooms.
3. The itty-bitty kitchenettes (we had a 3/4 height fridge for 2 people and a kitchen table that was no larger than a stool)
4. The tiny bathroom (standing shower with no places to put things, a toilet crammed in tight next to it, and no closet space or storage area).
5. The recirculated air (that caused me to be ill from about Oct thru Feb), and fact that my windows would shake and make a terrible noise whenever the wind blew.
6. The frequent fire alarms on Sat mornings.
7. The plastic matress on the bed which made a terrible noise whenever you sat on it, and was just generally uncomforatble.
8. Not having control over my heating. It was blazing hot all winter.
That being said, if you are used to living in a big city (like Manhattan, where I have friends who stay in similar places for twice the cost), then none of these things will likely bother you. Or if you have really low expectations, then you will also be fine. I didn't despise it there, I just would not have chosen to live there if I had visited beforehand.
I would shop around and try to find something nicer. I would even suggest doing as someone else suggested and staying at the Divine Tracy for a month, or with friends or something, before you decide. I moved into Sansom b/c I was out of the state right up until classes started and I didn't have the time to search for a better place.