UPenn Interview - seeking advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eschou01

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have just been invited to UPenn for an interview. I will be coming from Louisville, KY and wanted to save as much $ as possible on this trip. Any suggestions concerning airline tix, lodging, etc.? With my schedule, I would like to be back home as soon as possible. If anyone has had any similar experiences, I would love to hear about them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Eric

Members don't see this ad.

eric,

i am not too familiar with philadelphia so cannot offer any helpful advice on lodging. as for tickets, i would check with hotwire.com; they have had reasonable prices in the past.

but i had a question regarding your invitation for an interview. i had just recieved notice two days ago that my application was complete. how long thereafter did upenn contact you for an interview? thanks and congratulations on the invite!

reena

Thanks for the input! Actually, it was kind of funny - I received two packets from Penn on the same day. I opened the first one and a letter said that my application was complete and I will be contacted should the ADCOM grant me an interview. I thought "great, more waiting". Well, I opened the second packet (big, full of brochures and stuff) and a letter stated that I had been invited for an interview! They did not give a date, though, it is up to you to call and schedule one.

Best of luck, I'm sure the letter is in the mail heading toward your house as we speak!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Reena. hotwire.com is pretty great. I searched for Louisville to Philly from Aug. 31 - Sept. 3 and they offered a ticket for $220 roundtrip all taxes included. A few catches: you will probably get a lay over each way, they don't tell you the times of the flights until after you bought the tickets (might get a 6 AM flight), and no refunds or changes. So you've got to be flexible with your flight times.

Try several searches because you get different airfares each time. However, you are only allowed to do 2 searches for the same itinerary. So change a small detail, like number of passengers, until you get a price you like, then put in the number of tickets you need.

Hope this helps.

hi, Eric

what is the date for your interview? cause i might see you there.

I scheduled it for Oct. 12th

hey eric,

i will be at penn a day earlier than you. ;)

I just got my UPenn interview invite yesterday, really excited since I've heard nothing but good thing and their program sounds top-notch....maybe I'll see you guys there!