UPENN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi does anyone out here have an interview scheduled for 31st october?
i wanted to arrange for accomodation and was wondering if any female was willing to share a hotel room.
please reply...thanx...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I have recieved an interview call from UPENN this evening - scheduled on oct 24 -
Of course my part 1 score is not very good - so all those who have better stats cheer up !
my scores- part 1 88, GPA 3.94 TOEFL 273
Though my chances r sleek im being optimistic......
Shall be glad if someone can suggest me abt the interviews
Thnx in advance

guys....had my first interview at UPENN on 17th....it's been the coolest....though haven't been to any others till now...:D

but don worry....they make u real comfortable and you'll breeze through the ordeal......just be yourself.....don pretend to be what you aren't......and most important.....be honest....

there's nothing much you can prepare for.....no academic questions.....just personal interview.....they look through you to check your personality...ur confidence...how u deal stressful circumstances and all that.....so just be cool....

have fun and all the best....:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys
what is the lowest score interviewed at upenn so far?????can somone please reply.....it will be a great help, waiitng for a repyl from somone

Hi Folks,

I got a close call from UPENN today.They are interviewing me on 31 october.Kindly tell me if anybody is getting interviewed on the same date.Any kind of help is really aprreciated.looking forward to hear from anyone soon.

hi does anyone out here have an interview scheduled for 31st october?
i wanted to arrange for accomodation and was wondering if any female was willing to share a hotel room.
please reply...thanx...

Hi Doctor 123,

I am also being interviewed on the same day.Please be in touch.U can email me at [email protected]. Thankyou.

hey guys...
i too got an interview call from UPENN for 31st of this mnth..
v shd get in touch wid each other to discuss bout the commonly asked questions....
Congratulations to all who ve been called for the interview and loads of good luc to the awaiting 1s..
cheers..
asg

hey kapish,
what do you mean "close call?" the interviews sessions are closed for the first batch?

hi asg ,
did u get an interview call via mail or did they call u and tell u i called u penn the second time as i dint recieve their first mail and they said that they will send me a mail or fax me
very worried as to what my status is pls reply:scared:

hey AVG,cud u pls post your stats here.
all the best wishes to you also
take care.

hey guys...
i too got an interview call from UPENN for 31st of this mnth..
v shd get in touch wid each other to discuss bout the commonly asked questions....
Congratulations to all who ve been called for the interview and loads of good luc to the awaiting 1s..
cheers..
asg

hi asg ,
did u get an interview call via mail or did they call u and tell u i called u penn the second time as i dint recieve their first mail and they said that they will send me a mail or fax me
very worried as to what my status is pls reply:scared:[/QUOTE

actually they had sent me a letter to my US address via post but for some reasons it went bac to the school...I wonder how???
neways she has also emailed me....m waiting for the post!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I mean they just informed me about week before interview.I was expecting it in November end.I had not made any travel arranegements etc.

hey kapish,
what do you mean "close call?" the interviews sessions are closed for the first batch?

Hi,

they just informed me a week before.I was expecting it to be on November end.I wanted to make plans for Hallowen.:idea:

hi guys
does anyone know howmany seats r thee in upenn this yr???? i called up upenn and was shocked when i was told it is gonig to be around 20...........wasnt it 34 last yr??????those who hav been to their interview can probably throw more light on it..........

how many days after sending the application did u guys call upenn to check ur status.and does anyone know how many seats there r for this yr.i guess til now 5 have been taken that we know off.shud we call and check our status with them or just wait for the letter which might be a rejection or ionterview.and also does anyone know till when do they call people for interview in upenn.i mean do they even call people in nove-dec or jan or r they pretty much done by now.

Hi dentquest,
How did your interview go at UPenn?I hope it was fine.Please could you share your experience with those of us that are still keeping our fingers crossed and expecting a call so that we can be encouraged.
Also, how long after the submission of your forms did you get the call that you had been slated for an nterview?
Thanks a lot............

guys out of those 5 people selected so far, 4 r reapplicants...........and all 5 hav scores over 90, highest being 96..........and who said upenn doesnt care for scores..........FOOD FOR THOUGHT????

i have my interview on 17th on nov. at upenn ...
looking for someone to share the room and expenses with..
thanx

hi walnut ,
i applied bout 2 weeks back ...and i just waited for them to call me ..

Hey ,

I sent my application in the first week of oct but hadn't heard from them .I called yesterday and they said they have sent me a mail .....and can't disclose the contents of the letter .

Please let me know if this means i am rejected without even being invited for an interview.

Congrats to all those accepted and invited .Good luck to all those waiting .

SD

Hi
congratulations to all of you who have been accepted and best o luck,to those going for interviews and waiting..:thumbup:
My question to all of you who applied to penn is that: After how many days of your application being recieved, you guys got an interview...and did you recieve any kind of mail or anything before it stating whether your application is complete?
please reply.:confused:

thanks

Hi
congratulations to all of you who have been accepted and best o luck,to those going for interviews and waiting..:thumbup:
My question to all of you who applied to penn is that: After how many days of your application being recieved, you guys got an interview...and did you recieve any kind of mail or anything before it stating whether your application is complete?
please reply.:confused:

thanks

I heard from them within 2 weeks of applying.....
And no they did not inform me that my application was complete..... just the interview letter posted to me....

I heard from them within 2 weeks of applying.....
And no they did not inform me that my application was complete..... just the interview letter posted to me....
Hi vpg
Thanks for your reply...how did ur interview go...good luck...:thumbup:
Did you send them the recommendation letters and Dental CV(curriculum vitae),as they have not asked for these things specifically,so wanted to know...also did u attach the SOP separately with application...and if u feel comfortable, how long was your SOP...
i know, loads of questions but appreciate ur replies...;)
Cheers

Hi vpg
Thanks for your reply...how did ur interview go...good luck...:thumbup:
Did you send them the recommendation letters and Dental CV(curriculum vitae),as they have not asked for these things specifically,so wanted to know...also did u attach the SOP separately with application...and if u feel comfortable, how long was your SOP...
i know, loads of questions but appreciate ur replies...;)
Cheers

Hey

Well i guess my interview was good... i got an admit.....;)
I did send them reco letters and my CV
Did attach my SOP.... abt 1 and 1/4 pg long....
Hope this helps....

hi all,
wud like to know if upenn allows u to postpone ur interview date.and till when do they call candidates for interview?
kindly post ur reply if u have any idea abt this.
thanks

Hey

Well i guess my interview was good... i got an admit.....;)
I did send them reco letters and my CV
Did attach my SOP.... abt 1 and 1/4 pg long....
Hope this helps....

vpg
party time:laugh:
Great ...good luck for your future...
besties:love:

i have an interview on 21st is there anyone who has interview on the same day

Hi
I have recieved an interview call from UPENN this evening - scheduled on oct 24 -
Of course my part 1 score is not very good - so all those who have better stats cheer up !
my scores- part 1 88, GPA 3.94 TOEFL 273
Though my chances r sleek im being optimistic......
Shall be glad if someone can suggest me abt the interviews
Thnx in advance

hi
how did ur interview go? what all they asked? so what was the result. u have a marvelouus gpa and toefl i think ull get into upenn good luck 2 u. in how many days u heard from upenn? pl ans my qs if possible. thanx. :thumbup:

hi guys
can anyone please tell what is the lowest score in part 1 interviewed/accepted at UPENN so far???? maybe those who have been to the interview already or those who have been accepted can tell???? if you could spare a few mins to answer it will be very useful..........thanks

:mad: my interview was scheduled for 17th nov. ...and my flight got cancelled due to bad weather in phila..missed my interview...
luckily got it rescheduled for 21st november...
anybody who would like to share a room ....

finally i got there... flight was 'on time' this time ...:laugh:

the interview was really cool... and an enriching experience. and got repaid for the every penny i spent for the interview. the faculty is very nice and helpful. The university and the dental school are really good. we didnt get a chance to see the Dentsim tho, as it was under maintainance..

there were 7 of us there, 5 indians, 1 chinese , 1 japanese. everybody was equally talented and confident, so its really a tough job for them to pick up 20-25 students out of 300 .
i didnt prepare any answers before going to the interview, and was least nervous out there. the questions are the general ones .. hobbies , when did u come to usa, how do u find it here, did u get the culture shock, where did work after ur graduation ...etc. Really nothing to prepare bout.

the weather was just little bit cold , so do carry ur jacket with u. and umbrellas and raincoat ...etc.
the hotels listed in their are really expensive . it's good if u get to share the room and expenses with someone. otherwise u can look for hotels such as ..
motel6 ($65 + taxes) which is 3 miles from the airport and 12 miles from the dental school.
u can get a bus from the airport to the hotel , and take a cab or the regional transport from there to the dental school. if u take a cab its gonna charge u 28 $ from motel6 to the university. and if u opt for the mass transit u have to leave .. really early as it takes more than an hour to reach there.

another cheap near hotel is microtel inn (67 + taxes). its 0.8 miles from the airport and 10 miles from university.

but its better to stay somewhere near the university . i opted for travelodge (80 + tax). its 9 miles from airport and 3 miles from the university. i took the train($5.50) from the airport and reached the hotel in 30 minutes. from the hotel u can take the train ($2) or the cab($10) for the university. they provide complimentary breakfast as well. so the cost comes out to be the same as microtel or motel6 (as u save 27$ for the cab). And in case the heat is not working in the hotel room u get 12% discount ... this happened to me:laugh: :laugh: .. they did provide me the room heater tho' , i did ask for the compensation.

other hotel is club quarters(90+tax) which is just 2 miles from the university.

the cab charges in philadelphia are $2.70 for first 1/7th of the mile and then $0.30 for each additional 1/7 mile.

the mass transit is really good in philadelphia. its better to take a train , rather then renting the car. i took out all the printouts of the local regional rail and the bus service at www.septa.com. it was really helpful..

just be cool and be urself at the interview...
Good luck ...

Last edited:
hi everyone,, i ve an interview at upenn on 15th dec neone who has interview on the same day?

my stats are: NBDE Part 1-89
Toefl-273(CBT)
GPA: 2.8
Hi asg
i almost have the same stats like u i applied more than 3wks ago and didnt hear anything from upenn i tried calling them but they r not answering. so how did ur interview go? and what abt ur acceptance? di u get accepted?thanks a lottt.

hi everyone,, i ve an interview at upenn on 15th dec neone who has interview on the same day?

hi mitali
after how many days after u applied u got an intreview call? iam jus waiting fr any response from them. thanks a lot

hi mitali
after how many days after u applied u got an intreview call? iam jus waiting fr any response from them. thanks a lot

hey i had applied towards the end of october and heard from them last week on tuesday!! hope this helps

gud luck Mitali

anybody from nov 21st batch heard from upenn???

hey i had applied towards the end of october and heard from them last week on tuesday!! hope this helps

gud luck Mitali

hi mitali
thanks fr a prompt reply. anyway i got my rejection today as expected. good luck 2 u bye.

Hi

Any female having interview on jan 12th pls pm me...I would like to share accomodation

My stats are: NBDE part 1- 91
GPA-3.94, Toefl-257
Nationality-Indian
Fresh Applicant

I hope this information is helpful...I did send my application in April......

Hi apexlocator,
Congrats and good luck. Can you tell me where did you get equivalence of degree and marks done ? Was it ECE or some other organization ?

Thanks
Mukesh