UPENN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indian bds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone hear from UPenn for interview...scheduled september12,06?

Members don't see this ad.

indian bds said:

did you get an interview call for 12th september....great ..goodluck

indian bds said:

did u get one?just want to know ur stats.pls can u share

Members don't see this ad :)
kan said:
did u get one?just want to know ur stats.pls can u share
hi
I wish its true.......but i have not yet heard .But i was wondering did anyone hear?because they have started calling people for 1st interview batch!

indian bds said:
hi
I wish its true.......but i have not yet heard .But i was wondering did anyone hear?because they have started calling people for 1st interview batch!

thanks for reply...i just got confused....anyways lets keep this thread updated....goodluck

Hey
Just wanted to know whether UPenn accepts personal checks as the application fee........thanx

shlo said:
Hey
Just wanted to know whether UPenn accepts personal checks as the application fee........thanx

yes...they do..

indian bds said:
hi

hi

do u know anyone who has been invited for one??

I have been invited for an interview at UPenn on September 12, 2006.....Is there anyone else who has been invited on the same day

apexlocator said:
I have been invited for an interview at UPenn on September 12, 2006.....Is there anyone else who has been invited on the same day

Hi,
Could you kindly post your stats.... others can have an idea about their chances ...
Good Luck for the interview...

My stats are: NBDE part 1- 91
GPA-3.94, Toefl-257
Nationality-Indian
Fresh Applicant

I hope this information is helpful...I did send my application in April......

apexlocator said:
GPA-3.94, Toefl-257
Nationality-Indian
Fresh Applicant

wow,,,congratualtions and all the best for the interview,,,BTW u have gr8 stats,,

sweetgal said:
wow,,,congratualtions and all the best for the interview,,,BTW u have gr8 stats,,

Hi sweetgal

Thanks for wishing me luck...I need it .....getting in to UPenn will be like a dream come true....Its the best school out of all the choices we have.....

Members don't see this ad :)
apexlocator said:
GPA-3.94, Toefl-257
Nationality-Indian
Fresh Applicant

Excellent stats.... you will definitely make it into UPenn...wish you all the very best for your interview..
:thumbup: Good Luck

HYDBDS said:
Excellent stats.... you will definitely make it into UPenn...wish you all the very best for your interview..
:thumbup: Good Luck

Thanks HYDBDS.... :)

apexlocator said:
Hi sweetgal

Thanks for wishing me luck...I need it .....getting in to UPenn will be like a dream come true....Its the best school out of all the choices we have.....

Hey Apexlocator........dont worry too much...u have very good stats and have applied early...so u will get in...good luck and just be yourself at the interview.......

Hey Apexlocator
Congratulations and Good Luck!

Hey Apexlocator..congrats for the interview call n good luck with the interview..

hey shlo..nannage kannada baruthe..but thumba varsha aagoyathu maathaadi..slowly am forgetting it..good luck with admissions..

b'lore said:
Hey Apexlocator..congrats for the interview call n good luck with the interview..

hey shlo..nannage kannada baruthe..but thumba varsha aagoyathu maathaadi..slowly am forgetting it..good luck with admissions..

Hi shlo, b'lore, rajjos

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it...

Hey shlo,b'lore
namaskara! Salpa salpa kanaada aadigda.... I am great in dental conversation though...did my dental school from karnatka....

apexlocator said:
Hi shlo, b'lore, rajjos

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it...

Hey shlo,b'lore
namaskara! Salpa salpa kanaada aadigda.... I am great in dental conversation though...did my dental school from karnatka....

congrats...
you have great stats....you will surely get in ,
did you get an email or regular mail?

goodluck for your interview....

Hey bLore and Apexlocator
khushi aytu kannada nodi forum ali........good luck ibrugu.......keep us informed...bye

sorry for a delayed response count me in too for upenn interview..i submitted my application 10 days before .They are really quick in calling for interview ..bit nerveous ..good luck to everyone who got the calls... :luck: and im sure rest everyone will get soon .. :luck..

All the best for the interview.

indian bds said:
sorry for a delayed response count me in too for upenn interview..i submitted my application 10 days before .They are really quick in calling for interview ..bit nerveous ..good luck to everyone who got the calls... :luck: and im sure rest everyone will get soon .. :luck..

indian bds said:

Hi indian bds
Wish you all the very best for your interview..
Good Luck

indian bds said:

Hey Indian bds........u were called for an interview 10 days after u applied...wow..when is the interview???good luck.....

hey guys,
everyone applying to upenn...i wanted to clarify if upenn needs leters of recommendations along wid application or no??they havent mentioned it in the app checklist...if i already have letters is it advisable to just put them in anyways?

rachna said:
hey guys,
everyone applying to upenn...i wanted to clarify if upenn needs leters of recommendations along wid application or no??they havent mentioned it in the app checklist...if i already have letters is it advisable to just put them in anyways?

If u already have it....u might as well send that too.......no harm in including the recos.....

thanks to everyone for wishing me ...each of us needs it!and i hope all of us who are working so hard should get in !!
well ,what i know about UPENN is that they call most of their applicants ..so their rejection rate is equally high.. :mad:
what they actually want from their candidate till now noone knows..so its all luck and how you perform in interview ..so good luck to everyone and dont dishearten who didnt get call till now ..im sure soon it will be in your mail!!its just a matter of time :luck:

indian bds said:
thanks to everyone for wishing me ...each of us needs it!and i hope all of us who are working so hard should get in !!
well ,what i know about UPENN is that they call most of their applicants ..so their rejection rate is equally high.. :mad:
what they actually want from their candidate till now noone knows..so its all luck and how you perform in interview ..so good luck to everyone and dont dishearten who didnt get call till now ..im sure soon it will be in your mail!!its just a matter of time :luck:

goodluck indian bds....when is your interview...?

celestial said:
goodluck indian bds....when is your interview...?

hey celestial
i sent my application in mail on 4th aug and got interview call on aug11 for interview scheduled on sept 22.
do let me know if someone else has interview on the same day!

Hi all,

I would really appreciate if someone who already had an interview with UPENN tell me the questions asked? Also, I have heard that they ask clinical questions during the interview, is that true? I have not given my part II, would that affect the interview?

Thanks in advance.

indian bds said:

Hi
congrats on ur interview call.gud luck
can u share ur stats with us plz

indian bds said:

hi,
congrats for the interview call and good luck with that.

congtates indian bds.can u pls share ur stats. i have submitted in the last week of july but no news for me.

indian bds said:

Hi frnds,
All the BEst for ur Interview.!!

give it ur best shot!!

regards,
richa

richa sharma said:
Hi frnds,
All the BEst for ur Interview.!!

give it ur best shot!!

regards,
richa

hey richa
long time no talks...what's up...pm me your no
had been busy working on applications ..didnt realize its long process ..but now im done ..have to start studying and prepare for interviews ...i have no clue what to do for that ..if i ask somebody they say relax and be yourself ..i think that the hardest thing to do !well planning to study for part 2 ..how about you?

kan said:
congtates indian bds.can u pls share ur stats. i have submitted in the last week of july but no news for me.

hey kan
i already posted my stats couple of times ..somewhere on this thread or other .
my stats are not that great like some others ...so just chill :)
and dont worry about interview letter soon it 'll be in your mail ...getting early call doesnt mean i m in...i wish its true.. :) then i dont have to struggle like this..neways keep your morale high...if we deserve it we'll have it ...else we will try again... :luck:

R_vaidya said:
Hi all,

I would really appreciate if someone who already had an interview with UPENN tell me the questions asked? Also, I have heard that they ask clinical questions during the interview, is that true? I have not given my part II, would that affect the interview?

Thanks in advance.

Dude where did you get this information from? I am sure they dont ask ....but if they do...comeon man we are dentist already and we should be able to answer the questions they ask...u dont require part-2 to have knowledge in clinical dentistry.....

indian bds said:
hey kan
i already posted my stats couple of times ..somewhere on this thread or other .
my stats are not that great like some others ...so just chill :)
and dont worry about interview letter soon it 'll be in your mail ...getting early call doesnt mean i m in...i wish its true.. :) then i dont have to struggle like this..neways keep your morale high...if we deserve it we'll have it ...else we will try again... :luck:

hey Indian bds...
everybody shares their stats here so that people who are applying have some idea of where they stand....before getting your interview you were all enthusiastic....now u have got it and your are acting like a person who doesn't care ... comeon man whosoever has been called for interview stands a chance better than who doesn't...If you expect other people to share information with you it will be better to just write down your stats in a thread rather than telling people to search it all over the website....be nice...trust me it will help you......and last but not least ....u are not the only one who is stuggling here...everybody is working as hard as you have ...

apexlocator said:
hey Indian bds...
everybody shares their stats here so that people who are applying have some idea of where they stand....before getting your interview you were all enthusiastic....now u have got it and your are acting like a person who doesn't care ... comeon man whosoever has been called for interview stands a chance better than who doesn't...If you expect other people to share information with you it will be better to just write down your stats in a thread rather than telling people to search it all over the website....be nice...trust me it will help you......and last but not least ....u are not the only one who is stuggling here...everybody is working as hard as you have ...

im sorry ...i didnt understand by what u meant..plus i didnt say anyone to search anywhere but i posted twice on upenn thread ..[one which was active before and chances with my score] so i said..i have nothing to hide ...please dont write things when you are not aware of
neways im writing my stats again ..and sorry if anyone misunderstood by what i meant
part 1 89
gpa 3.75
toefl 95[im retaking on 26th aug]
i have work experience in india 1year and in US 1 year
also ,i worked on sop ...can say it worked for me
I showed them my research inclination and my interests
so please everyone applying to schools dont neglect this part...i think they consider it...also this is my perception!!so just dont go by it!!

and please apexlocator ..dont say unless know!!
and i never behaved as if i dont care ..i have been saying early interview doesnot mean you are in ...everyone 'll get chance ..just a matter of time !!
we all are here to help each other ...not to squabble

R_vaidya said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

hey R_vaidya
as far as i know through upenn threads and talking to people in UPENN ...its a personal interview they dont ask about clinical thing ..they can ask about your experience as dentist but wont shoot up with clinical q's reagarding rct's .inlays onlays ..blah blah
i know its a pain in ass if you are not done with part 2..so do i ..and expect you shd know everything ..i dont think that true
but i just know one person had been asked about crown prep ..and im sure if you are prep for practical exam for california u'll definately go through that...i know couple of people in UPENN they said its all personal interview rather more of conversation...
hope that has mitigated your pain :luck:

indian bds said:
congrats for the interview...what are ur stats?

dear cavity,
if u go only 2 posts up you would see this person's stats, i kno wit is not my business,just cudnt resist........anyways how was your UIC interview?

cavity79 said:
congrats for the interview...what are ur stats?

godbless said:
dear cavity,
if u go only 2 posts up you would see this person's stats, i kno wit is not my business,just cudnt resist........anyways how was your UIC interview?

thanks godbless

godbless said:
dear cavity,
helloo godbless!how r u?
my interview was ok...how was urs?

apexlocator said:
Dude where did you get this information from? I am sure they dont ask ....but if they do...comeon man we are dentist already and we should be able to answer the questions they ask...u dont require part-2 to have knowledge in clinical dentistry.....

Hey apexlocator,

I was just wondering about the questions...as I have not practiced dentistry in the past 3 years.

Thanks,
RV

indian bds said:
hey R_vaidya
as far as i know through upenn threads and talking to people in UPENN ...its a personal interview they dont ask about clinical thing ..they can ask about your experience as dentist but wont shoot up with clinical q's reagarding rct's .inlays onlays ..blah blah
i know its a pain in ass if you are not done with part 2..so do i ..and expect you shd know everything ..i dont think that true
but i just know one person had been asked about crown prep ..and im sure if you are prep for practical exam for california u'll definately go through that...i know couple of people in UPENN they said its all personal interview rather more of conversation...
hope that has mitigated your pain :luck:

Hi Indian BDS,

Thanks for responding. I went through old threads on UPENN and just as you said came across someone who was asked about crown prep. I have not been in touch with Dentistry for the past 3 years and also not preparing for the Calif exams. With NDB II not given, I am not very comfortable answering the clinical Qs.

BUt thanks for the clarification and all the best for your interview. Please let us know how it goes and the Qs asked. THis will help tremendously everyone on this thread.

Thanks,
RV

hi, just wonder where you want to stay for the interview. divine tracy is not on the list this year and most of the hotels on upenn's list are very expensive. does anyone have any idea of picking a reasonable hotel? thanks

Hai
congrats on the interview invitation.can u please tell me if we can attach a separate paper for goals(personal statement),instead of writing there in the space given, there is very little space provided. I Have prepared a separate personal statement so was wondering if I can attach that.Also let me know how many words it should be.I have tried calling but no response.
thank you.

indian bds said:
im sorry ...i didnt understand by what u meant..plus i
didnt say anyone to search anywhere but i posted twice on upenn thread ..[one which was active before and chances with my score] so i said..i have nothing to hide ...please dont write things when you are not aware of
neways im writing my stats again ..and sorry if anyone misunderstood by what i meant
part 1 89
gpa 3.75
toefl 95[im retaking on 26th aug]
i have work experience in india 1year and in US 1 year
also ,i worked on sop ...can say it worked for me
I showed them my research inclination and my interests
so please everyone applying to schools dont neglect this part...i think they consider it...also this is my perception!!so just dont go by it!!

and please apexlocator ..dont say unless know!!
and i never behaved as if i dont care ..i have been saying early interview doesnot mean you are in ...everyone 'll get chance ..just a matter of time !!
we all are here to help each other ...not to squabble