UPENN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i am so sorry to hear about this. but i still dont understand why u have been rejected inspite of having such great stats. but i am sure you will get into a better school with such wonderful scores.dont lose hope and you will be fine. good luck with other schools. you deserve something better for ur hardwork

Members don't see this ad.

received my rejection letter today.:(

Good Luck to all

hey dewdrop sorry to hear abt that,,but i just dont understand why did u get rejection with so good stats???well anyways i am sure u will get in elsewhere for sure,,,just take it easy and keep moving..i know its easier said than done,,but thats the only way out,,,
all the best with other schools:thumbup:

thanks guys....yeah....I was shocked when I got that letter in my hand....but now I feel better.

And I know, there is something better for me somewhere(hopefully BU or NYU would give me an interview call.....I only applied to 3 univs)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey dewdrop I'm very sorry for ur rejection and kind of shocked too. but anyways be hopeful and don't lose your spirit. I'm sure something will workout.
thanks guys....yeah....I was shocked when I got that letter in my hand....but now I feel better.

And I know, there is something better for me somewhere(hopefully BU or NYU would give me an interview call.....I only applied to 3 univs)

Dear Dewdrop,
Do not be discouraged. You have great scores. You might want to call up UPenn and sincerely ask for the reasons for rejection. Tell them you just want to know how you can improve yourself better to get an interview with them in the future. Normally people would like to help the one who likes to know his/her own weakest point and is willing to work on it for improvement.
Meanwhile, try to apply more schools( it will be great you have done so).
I wish that I could offer your more useful advice, but you can see, none of us know what sort of qualities that the schools(especially UPenn) are looking for in a candidate. Even we were interviewed, but none of us know what is going to happen next. Do not lose your hope...You hardwork will pay off in the near future.
Best wishes,

I got a rejection from u penn-trying to take heart from your messages.what do they want?it has been shocking and painful to say the least.

Sorry to hear about your rejections dewdrop and Enamel. The anxiety level is increasing. I don't know when my turn will come.:(

Sorry to hear that guys.......relax and wait........"the best is yet to be"..........have faith and your hardwork will pay off :)

hey dewdrop
im really sorry to know about your rejection letter..i dont believe it !you have great stats ..what else they want ..i know its hard to accept it but we cant do anything ..can just say dont loose heart you have great score so this is surely not the reason for rejection..look into your application may be something is missing or you quoted wrong..may be you find answer there...but whatever the reason may be ..dont give up..you'll definately hear from nyu or bu..this admission process is really frustrating ..you feel you are at the same stage after 12th grade...
but believe in god have faith and patience...i know its easy to say but still ..we all are going through this stage ...good luck ..

hey small wonder...had a question for u...did u cal up the admissions off and found out on the phone itself if u were called for the interview? I called them up and she said that she cannot tel me on the phone the status and that I have to wait for the reply via mail. Just wondering if they do mention on the phone ur interview schedule date and that she didnot mention to me...does that mean its the regection coming my way:(

Wish u alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the best....and hope good luc comes ur way:)

asg

hey guyzzzzzz....
Hearty Congratulations to all u guys who ve been called for the interview and wish u alllll the very best for the same....
and for those awaiting..(sailing in the same boat)...lets not lose hope...

all for the best...whatever happens, happens for your good.....I strongly believe in this....
Cheers
asg

Hey asg can you please tell when did you apply to upenn and can you please share your stats.
hey guyzzzzzz....
Hearty Congratulations to all u guys who ve been called for the interview and wish u alllll the very best for the same....
and for those awaiting..(sailing in the same boat)...lets not lose hope...

all for the best...whatever happens, happens for your good.....I strongly believe in this....
Cheers
asg

Hi asg,
Yah i called them up and was informed abt my interview....donno may be too many plp calling up so they might have changed thier stratigies....but buddy dont loose hope....wait for the reply....i hope ur interview letter in on its way and u get a call soon....keep ur spirits high...all the best...

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks -but with a 91 and 85 in 1 and 2 ,its hard-I really need to know what i missed out on.Thanks anyways guys.Dewdrop I'm sure that something good is waiting (though I do wish the wait for the good had been sweeter).
All the best and to al of you worried about your score I guess we are proof of the fact that scores are not all so do not worry too much about that.

I have called UPENN to ask for my application status....and i have been told that a letter will be mailed to me next week...and i was told they can't disclose the contents of the letter...I m pretty much sure it will be a rejection letter..My stats are NBDE-92, TOEFL-253 and WES gpa 3.49...i m really frustrated...i don,t know what should i do now..

I have called UPENN to ask for my application status....and i have been told that a letter will be mailed to me next week...and i was told they can't disclose the contents of the letter...I m pretty much sure it will be a rejection letter..My stats are NBDE-92, TOEFL-253 and WES gpa 3.49...i m really frustrated...i don,t know what should i do now..

hey if i am not mistaken, you applied to uic too?
you did not get select in uic?

hey dew drop and enamel...feeling so sorry for you buddies...gr88 stats..I agree with cattooth..you should try calling them and find out what improvements do they want..if possible try to go there and talk to naty lopez ..why did they reject you without even interviewing. but dont worry keep my word for boston and nyu..you will definetly get selected there.
cheer up pls...and good luck:thumbup:

yes i have been interviewed there...and i have been told to wait till november 27 for my results...

yes i have been interviewed there...and i have been told to wait till november 27 for my results...

Hi Apexlocator and all
I also got an interview call by UPENN which is scheduled on Oct 13..Please let me know what should i prepare for ...im freaking out as i just came to know about it today. What all you guys are preparing for the interview...what do i need to carry with me?
Please contact me
Thanks

I have been invited for an interview at UPenn on September 12, 2006.....Is there anyone else who has been invited on the same day

thank you rodent-yes I guess there always are the other schools!
So all you guys who got called for an interview ,feel good about being selected for the interview stage!All the very best for your results.
Yeah if you guys get in upenn,the other schools shall have fewer candidates right ;)

I have the interview on same day,I think we have to take all the orignal docs for the interview as mentioned in interview letter.Any idea abt good hotels near the school.c u at upenn.bye

Hi Apexlocator and all
I also got an interview call by UPENN which is scheduled on Oct 13..Please let me know what should i prepare for ...im freaking out as i just came to know about it today. What all you guys are preparing for the interview...what do i need to carry with me?
Please contact me
Thanks

Hi Friends,
I just thought that I would share my UPenn interview experience .... so that it may be of a little help to those of you who havent finished your interviews at UPenn....

They ask us to be there by 8.30 am... try to reach there by 8.00 - 8.15 am so that before they actually start the whole thing you will have some time to cool your nerves..one way of doing it is that if all of you (7 or 8 people are interviewed each Tuesday and Friday) reach there by maximum 8.15 am, then you can ask the person at the reception to take you to the room upstairs where Dr.Lopez will give a MS powerpoint presentation regarding the history of the school and city and about the PASS program....if you go up by 8.15 am , then utilize the 15 min until 8.30 am to introduce yourselves to each other and in this way you will feel a bit relaxed and reduce your tension ...especially for those for whom this will be the first interview experience... (this is what all of us in our batch did yesterday)

Dr.Lopez will give the presentation and after that you will have a short break for about 10 min and then another lady will explain about the financial aspects .. about what types of loans are available etc..

Then between 11.00 am and 1.00 pm (approx) each of you will have three personal interviews...one with Dr.Uri Hangorsky, one with Dr.Lopez and another one with a faculty member (the third interviewer may be different for each person)... the interviews are very cool... there is no need to feel any tension..they try to make you feel very relaxed ...they are just personal interviews...they want to know more about you as a person....so just try to relax and be yourself...they may ask you to elaborate on what you have written in your SOP / personal statement..... just be thorough with what you have written in your SOP / personal statement....most important is to be honest in what you speak....normally there are no clinical questions asked....

After the interviews, you will be given your lunch and then a senior PASS student will give you a tour of the dental school and will clarify any doubts you may have regarding the school or the program...

It is a good idea to see the weather forecast for the day of your interview .... (I did not do it for my interview and had trouble as it was raining yesterday) .....if rain is forecast then you can go prepared with umbrella , rain coat etc...

If someone is dropping you to the school, its fine... if you are going on your own and if you go by train, then most likely you will get down at Philadelphia 30th station ...from there it is advisable to take a cab which will cost around $12/-

UPenn is an amazing school....the school, the faculty, the facilities .....everything is just simply too good about this school..... whoever gets into this school is extremely lucky....

For those who have interviews in SEP and OCT, the results will be declared in first week of NOV.... for those with interviews in NOV and DEC , the results will be declared in first week of JAN.... and for those with interviews in JAN and FEB, the results will be declared in the first week of MAR...

One bad news is that from next year the intake at UPenn is going to be reduced from the current figure of 30...

You will need to take all your original documents with you....

Regarding the stay at Philly, the hotels are pretty costly...the best thing would be to find someone from SDN forum with interview on the same day so that you can stay together and commute together so that the costs can be shared...

All the very best to those of you who are going for the interview at UPenn....

:thumbup: Good Luck

Thank you so much HYDBDS!!

thanks -but with a 91 and 85 in 1 and 2 ,its hard-I really need to know what i missed out on.Thanks anyways guys.Dewdrop I'm sure that something good is waiting (though I do wish the wait for the good had been sweeter).
All the best and to al of you worried about your score I guess we are proof of the fact that scores are not all so do not worry too much about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop

Hey Enamel and dewdrop,

I know how difficult and painful it is to be in a situation as yours... it really hurts... with 90+ scores in part-1 and even an 85 in part-2, you really cant understand the reason for the rejection.... I am in a kind of similar situation as yours... I dont have a 90+ score in part-1.... but I thought that I had an above average score... I have a part-1 score of 89, ECE GPA of 3.41, 640/677 in TOEFL and over 10 and 1/2 yrs experience.... I thought that my experience might make up for my part-1 score and balance my overall application.... but I am highly mistaken.... I applied to 9 schools but I havent got any interview call except from UPenn...I was hoping and praying to get an interview call atleast from one of the California schools....but I guess my 10 and 1/2 yrs experience did not make up for my poor part-1 score....

I agree fully with what "cattooth" has said.... just try calling them up and ask them .... but I am sure this difficult times you are undergoing is just momentary... I am 100% sure that both of you WILL get into BU.... you just have to wait for a while......

All the best to you both for your other applications.....

:thumbup: Good Luck

Hi HYDBDS
Thanx for sharing ur experience....good luck to u and god bless u

Hi HYDBDS,
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences. It will be really helpful for all of us who are attending for the interviews for the first time.
Good luck for you too with your interviews.

Hi,
i have been called for the upenn interview on the 10th oct...anyone having inerview on the same day ? WIll be gr8 if we can club together and discuss abt where to stay and stuff..

all the best for your interview..and no worries..its just a conversation

good luck

Hi Friends,

I am a new member to this forum.

I called UPENN today morning to ask my application status. I was told that I am slected for an interview but date is not confirm yet. I was asked to call Upenn again on wednesday to confirm date. I think after confirming date I will book my ticket.

I am just wondering if any girl wants to share hotel with me.

Thanks

Hi frnds,
had an interview at upenn yesterday...well wht do i say...it was kind of ok.(ok bcoz somehow i was expecting a lot from the school...frankly was not so much impressed...may be i could be wrong as i might have had high expectations as it was my first visit to the schools in us...donno wht i dint like...jus tht was not so happy from within...jus my personal view ,no offence)...the interview is very cool....jus personal questions....nothing clinical at all ...we were in all 8 applicants and none was asked any clinical questions...so jus chill out ...good luck to all of u..

Thanks Small Wonder. I have my interview day after.

Hi frnds,
had an interview at upenn yesterday...well wht do i say...it was kind of ok.(ok bcoz somehow i was expecting a lot from the school...frankly was not so much impressed...may be i could be wrong as i might have had high expectations as it was my first visit to the schools in us...donno wht i dint like...jus tht was not so happy from within...jus my personal view ,no offence)...the interview is very cool....jus personal questions....nothing clinical at all ...we were in all 8 applicants and none was asked any clinical questions...so jus chill out ...good luck to all of u..

Hey Friends,

Just called Upenn. they fixed my interview date on 16th nov. Is anybody also going there on same date. Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I have interview on 20th at upenn if any one is attending on the same day please mail me.
Thanks,
Apli

i have been called for the upenn interview on the 17th nov...anyone (female)having inerview on the same day ? we can discuss about accomodation and other expenses.please reply asap.
thanks

I am also looking any female partner of accomodation sharing on 16th nov for UPENN interview. plz let me know.

Thanks

:idea:
should i should i should i apply to upenn.. i dont have my degree have a provisional one would they even consider.........
have a ninety one in part 1 would it help...
i guess all of us should jus believe in God and wait for right things to happen...
am i an escapist... GOD wat am i ...

hi guys i called the upenn guys and they said they have reviewed my application and have sent me a response in mail and when i asked about the file they said that they cant desclose the nature of the letter ..................just wanna know if people are scheduled for an interveiw do the upenn guys mention it on phone or not

in great distress pls rply:confused:

Hi Guys
I have upenn interview on 7th november. Is any female intrested in sharing accomodation near school for 6th on november. Pls pm me.
Thanks

hi guys,
i just called U penn today and i got the same reply that they have sent a mail
worried if its a rejection mail :scared: anybody who has called and been told the same thing but later got to know that they have been called for interview by mail ?

hi guys,
worried if its a rejection mail :scared: anybody who has called and been told the same thing but later got to know that they have been called for interview by mail ?

hi omfs rules think we both have the same problem its killing me .........

hi guys!!

congrats to all who have been invited for the interview.

I'm shocked to hear about dew drop and enamel. I had called up Upenn too and they told me that my letter is on the way(won't disclose the matter).
But after hearing dew drop and enamel i'm sure its a rejection letter. i had reapplied and now I'm prepared for another rejection!:rolleyes:

Thanks HYDBDS for the interview feedback.
sdent

Thanks a lot ....

I feel so much better after hearing all your encouraging statements ...hopefully i'll hear positively from others soon.

Good Luck to all those who have interviews at Upenn, and those to have got rejections...keep your heads high, cross your fingers....There is definitely something better in store for you.

hi guys,
can anyone tell what is the lowest score invited for interview at upenn so far???????also any reapplicants there for upenn????

hi guys,

I got my rejection letter yesterday....I expected a interview call...I have been told the same thing when i called them few days back...I wish u should get a invitation.ok then best of luck..Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!
cavity79

hi guys,

I got my rejection letter yesterday....I expected a interview call...I have been told the same thing when i called them few days back...I wish u should get a invitation.ok then best of luck..Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!
cavity79