UPenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saluki

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK. Maybe I'm concerned for nothing, but it's been a week since I added a new set of schools to my AMCAS. I've gotten a secondary from all of the schools that don't screen except UPenn. Did it take awhile to get a secondary app from them for anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

They don't screen, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'd suggest waiting another week, and then if you still haven't heard anything give them a call. I think they get a lot of applications, so maybe they just haven't gotten around to it. It probably also depends on how often they get new info from AMCAS.

OK, I just went on MDapplicants and looked at UPenn acceptances and almost everyone accepted was from a big name school. Are they snobs about undergrad institutions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably. They can afford to be snobs, they're ranked #4 in the country.

Now that I think about it, almost all the students I know who are there or who went there went to big name schools, many of them Penn itself. Not all, though. I'm sure there are plenty of students from lesser-known schools.

Although their students do tend to be snobs. I might be in their place, too, though. And I really love a bunch of them, they're great people, but they're pretty snobby when it comes to their school (in my experience!).

edit: That's one of the things that really surprised me about Jefferson: almost all of the students I interacted with on my interview day went to very small schools, many of them local to Philadelphia; none of them were from well-known schools. I thought that was weird. Of the students I know at Drexel, it seems like many, if not most, went to recognizable undergrads, including some really top ones. Just walking through the parking lot you stickers from tons of well-known schools. It may be sample bias or something, I don't know; I didn't interact with that many Jefferson students, probably like 7, but that included the 4 who were in charge of interview day. Weird.

mashce said:
OK, I just went on MDapplicants and looked at UPenn acceptances and almost everyone accepted was from a big name school. Are they snobs about undergrad institutions?

not an accurate representation. better to go on their website, they probably have their most represented schools or something like that