UPenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorgirl_2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Curious about what kind of questions they ask? I haven't done that much OR time and let's face it... as a med student you don't make many management decisions in the OR (at least how we are set up)

JT

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who asks an applicant anethesia questions is an A** Ho** period!
They know that you don't know Sh** about Anesthesia, they know that it's completely different from anything you have learned but they still do it!
You know why? to satisfy their sick inferiority complexes.
Those guys are treated like Sh** by everyone else and it's their chance to feel superior.

Anyone who asks an applicant anethesia questions is an A** Ho** period!
They know that you don't know Sh** about Anesthesia, they know that it's completely different from anything you have learned but they still do it!
You know why? to satisfy their sick inferiority complexes.
Those guys are treated like Sh** by everyone else and it's their chance to feel superior.

I guess it depends on the question. I think it is bad form and a red flag if they pimp you on an interview. However, I think situational questions are fair game. For example, I was asked "what would you do if you are running a case, everything is going great and the surgeon demands that you give 2 units of blood?" They are just looking to see that you have some amount of common sense. And from what I've heard, there are more "stab the surgeon with his own scaplel" type answers than you'd expect.

interviewed there fall 2004...great name.....AWESOME program director....they asked me to describe an interesting case...turns into like a 15-20 min conversation between the presenting/pimping, etc....not sure what other people had.....rotated there as well...great program but i had a better feeling with hopkins (didnt rotate here) and wouldnt change it for a thing

interviewed there fall 2004...great name.....AWESOME program director....they asked me to describe an interesting case...turns into like a 15-20 min conversation between the presenting/pimping, etc....not sure what other people had.....rotated there as well...great program but i had a better feeling with hopkins (didnt rotate here) and wouldnt change it for a thing

Thats the same experience i had. Funny thing is that that was my favorite interview of the ones i had at Penn.