upfront verification vs product review @ walgreens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kum718

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is responsible for a stars event, the pharmacist who completes the upfront verification or the pharmacist who completes the product review?

Members don't see this ad.

If mistake is with data entry (wrong drug, wrong patient, etc) then the first rph is assigned blame. If the mistake is with product (expired cream, wrong pills in bottle, etc) then 2nd rph is assigned blame.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who is responsible for a stars event, the pharmacist who completes the upfront verification or the pharmacist who completes the product review?

Entering the error- whoever finds it.

For the error itself, the corresponding pharmacist (see initials in history)- so wrong pills in bottle product rph, wrong sig data rph. But this record does not last all ten years that a customer could sue. I forget its like 4 years after that its rph of record whether or not you did anything wrong.

If the rx has been filled in error repeatedly and finally caught (data is only reviewed 2x), I was told it should be assigned to the initial reviewing rph.

What did your dm tell you?

Reactions: 1 user
If mistake is with data entry (wrong drug, wrong patient, etc) then the first rph is assigned blame. If the mistake is with product (expired cream, wrong pills in bottle, etc) then 2nd rph is assigned blame.
W
Entering the error- whoever finds it.

For the error itself, the corresponding pharmacist (see initials in history)- so wrong pills in bottle product rph, wrong sig data rph. But this record does not last all ten years that a customer could sue. I forget its like 4 years after that its rph of record whether or not you did anything wrong.

If the rx has been filled in error repeatedly and finally caught (data is only reviewed 2x), I was told it should be assigned to the initial reviewing rph.

What did your dm tell you?
the pharmacist who did the F4 is assigned blame. I guess am a bit confused with the terminology here. is upfront verification= F4?
the situation is wrong drug was dispensed. my name is under the product review and another pharmacist is under upfront verification.

W

the pharmacist who did the F4 is assigned blame. I guess am a bit confused with the terminology here. is upfront verification= F4?
the situation is wrong drug was dispensed. my name is under the product review and another pharmacist is under upfront verification.

right f4 is upfront verification, press f4 on the keyboard and you will be doing the upfront verification (I assume its called upfront because it has to be done first). If they got the wrong drug because the rx was typed for t#3 but written for t#4, thats an error in upfront verification. If it was typed and reviewed right but a drug different than what is on the label made it in the bottle, that's an error in product verification.

right f4 is upfront verification, press f4 on the keyboard and you will be doing the upfront verification (I assume its called upfront because it has to be done first). If they got the wrong drug because the rx was typed for t#3 but written for t#4, thats an error in upfront verification. If it was typed and reviewed right but a drug different than what is on the label made it in the bottle, that's an error in product verification.
Thanks, I really appreciate your response