Upstate housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hanss

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to live off-campus but I won't have a car my 1st and 2nd year. I called Jefferson and Madison, they have 75 people on the wait list. What are my chances of getting a place at either of these places?
Do I have any other options?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hanss,
I live in the apartment-style dorms they offer up here. They're really not that bad for the first year; close proximity to class, free T1 internet hookups, etc. However, it's possible to find housing in the area for pretty cheap,less expensive than the dorms. Keep trying for Madison and Jefferson, they're really nice places not too far from the hospital, and lots of med students live there.

Mad Props to Mints25
--Izzy

hans
Despite the waiting lists I would submit your apps to Madison and Jefferson ASAP. Alot of students put applications in as a backup so many of them will not choose to live there - good for your chances of getting in. They are by far the most convienient (1 block from school) and without a car you'll be happy to be so close. Another option would be to search the web for "Syracuse University Housing" and contact the many realators that come up. Be sure to let them know your an Upstate student and need housing close to the hospital as many of their properties can be a bit of a hike - no good on one of those below zero winter days! Despite it's negative publicity, University housing (Clark Tower) is not that bad and can be good to live in your first year. You really get to meet a lot of your fellow classmates, it's conviently on campus, and furnished. Hope this helps - if your still having trouble, leave your email on this discussion and I'll put you in touch with some students in Madison/Jefferson who might be looking for roomates next year. Good Luck! t

Members don't see this ad :)
what have you guys heard about the plaza and paul on east genesee

i've decided to go somewhere else :( sorry