UQ and New York Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMPD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My perspective.

I would love to be interviewing UQ graduates. I have not gotten ANY confirmation that this is allowable under the 12-week rule. I've tried UQ itself, our local experts, other NY PDs and the State Dept of Education.

It may well get on the Approved List, and I hope it does. Not there yet.

Edited to add: This applies only to students who do 12 weeks out of country. And yes, Oschner appears to count as "out of country" since it is, in fact, out of country.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, do you mind posting the NY approved medical school list? I can't seem to find the link

• American University of Antigua, Antigua
  • American University of the Caribbean, St. Martin, Netherland Antilles
  • The Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico
  • English Language Program, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Medical School, Debrecen, Hungary
  • English Language Program, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
  • English Language Program, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
  • Fatima College of Medicine, Manila, Philippines
  • International Health and Medicine Program, Ben Gurion University of the Negrev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
  • Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
  • Medical University of the Americas/Nevis, Nevis, West Indies
  • Ross University School of Medicine, Roseau, Dominica
  • Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherland Antilles
  • St. George's University School of Medicine, St. George's, Grenada
  • St. Matthew's University School of Medicine, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Members don't see this ad :)
  • American University of Antigua, Antigua
  • American University of the Caribbean, St. Martin, Netherland Antilles
  • The Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico
  • English Language Program, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Medical School, Debrecen, Hungary
  • English Language Program, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
  • English Language Program, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
  • Fatima College of Medicine, Manila, Philippines
  • International Health and Medicine Program, Ben Gurion University of the Negrev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
  • Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
  • Medical University of the Americas/Nevis, Nevis, West Indies
  • Ross University School of Medicine, Roseau, Dominica
  • Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherland Antilles
  • St. George's University School of Medicine, St. George's, Grenada
  • St. Matthew's University School of Medicine, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Hi, is this the entire list? Do you have the link, i don't see a lot of schools on this list (UCL, Oxford, Edinburgh, Melbourne, TCD)?

Hi, is this the entire list? Do you have the link, i don't see a lot of schools on this list (UCL, Oxford, Edinburgh, Melbourne, TCD)?

These are schools that have significant (some entirely) clinical rotations outside their home country. I'm not sure about the schools you listed, but I would assume most of them have clinicals in their home country.

These are schools that have significant (some entirely) clinical rotations outside their home country. I'm not sure about the schools you listed, but I would assume most of them have clinicals in their home country.
So if the schools have clinicals in their home country they are approved by the New York medical board?

So if the schools have clinicals in their home country they are approved by the New York medical board?

Correct. The actual number is 12 weeks. So, you can do 12 weeks (but not a day more) of clinicals outside the "home country" of the program. I believe that this applies to UQ-Oschner as well as the traditional UQ. Hopefully they'll get on the approved list.

If UQ-O is not approved by NY then students cannot apply for NY residencies?