Urban Dictionary it!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSC2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
1) Some of the worst people on earth.
2) Cut Throat brown nosers who suck at life.
3) People who will screw each other over for no reason.
4) The most hated people in college.
5) Nosy people who always want to know what other people got on a test.
6) Bitchy losers who always complain about how hard school is.

hehe :D

a few days ago, my immunology professor in class asked if anyone in class was pre-med 1-2 people raised their hands, the professor then said "come on, it isn't a bad thing that you're pre-med, you shouldn't be ashamed of it."

I'd beg to differ.

Is it sad that I don't want to be labeled for what I truly am? (An undergraduate who wants to go into medicine)

It's a shame how much stigma arises from saying you're a pre-med.

Members don't see this ad :)
a few days ago, my immunology professor in class asked if anyone in class was pre-med 1-2 people raised their hands, the professor then said "come on, it isn't a bad thing that you're pre-med, you shouldn't be ashamed of it."

I'd beg to differ.

Is it sad that I don't want to be labeled for what I truly am? An undergraduate who wants to go into medicine?

It's a shame how much stigma arises from saying you're a pre-med.

I know this may seem naive, but most of my friends are pre-meds.. why are you ashamed? (I didn't think all people actually think what UD says.)

I know this may seem naive, but most of my friends are pre-meds.. why are you ashamed? (I didn't think all people actually think what UD says.)

Having transferred from a community college to a large university, I've had a chance to run into a variety of pre-meds. Without going into too much detail and also not to dumb down the entire pool of pre-meds because there are some genuine ones (thank god). The majority of pre-meds are notorious for:

Skirting
Resume padding
Brown nosing
1-upping

edit: SSC2, is that a toadstool in your avatar? I had a neon green one when my saltwater tank was still up :(!

It's a Sea Cucumber. :) (though toodstool corals look very close) http://kevinanonymous.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/malaria-sunrise/

But yeah I suppose I see what you're saying. I know some people like that myself it's kind of rediculous.. :/ I know this guy who is just in it for the money and has asked me what types of EC's I do and judged them (of course I wasn't going to list them all).. it was pretty lame.

I am shocked, why is SDN not defined on Urban Dictionary? There are plenty of less visible forums that are.

Haha, I love the examples they give...(esp the last one)

Pre-Meds (Pre-Medical Students): Hey billy what did you get on your test?
Billy: None of your business You brown nosing pre-med.

Jane: I have so much stuff to do.
Pre-med: oh yea? I have to clean the house do the laundry study for Organic chem, Physics, and so much more !

Teacher: Okay class I went to the amazon rain forest over break,I found a cure for HIV, Cancer, and discovered a new species of Plant.
Pre-med: is this going to be on the test?

Haha, I love the examples they give...(esp the last one)

Pre-Meds (Pre-Medical Students): Hey billy what did you get on your test?
Billy: None of your business You brown nosing pre-med.

Jane: I have so much stuff to do.
Pre-med: oh yea? I have to clean the house do the laundry study for Organic chem, Physics, and so much more !

Teacher: Okay class I went to the amazon rain forest over break,I found a cure for HIV, Cancer, and discovered a new species of Plant.
Pre-med: is this going to be on the test?

Just wait, that question doesn't stop when you get to med school :oops:

Just wait, that question doesn't stop when you get to med school :oops:

Oh gosh, are you for real?? I am soooo tired of hearing that question in every class I take!! Very funny example though =)