Urgent Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knfaidley

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a sophomore in college, on a pre-med track. As of right now, my GPA is a 3.97, but I stupidly wrote down the wrong time for the final and missed the final. It's still up in the air, with whether I'll be able to retake it or not. But it's a Bio class and that's my major. If I get a 0 on the final, I will get a D in the class. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

There's not really much you can do until you find out if you will be allowed to take it.

I am a sophomore in college, on a pre-med track. As of right now, my GPA is a 3.97, but I stupidly wrote down the wrong time for the final and missed the final. It's still up in the air, with whether I'll be able to retake it or not. But it's a Bio class and that's my major. If I get a 0 on the final, I will get a D in the class. What should I do?
Start double checking critical dates and times going forward.
As for the exam, ask for forgiveness and explain what happened. Maybe you can take it late. I took an exam late because I couldn't get a flight back from a ski weekend. Stuff happens. I ended up taking it in the professor's office at his desk, literally 24 inches away with a folder with the other students exams in it. His office was a disaster. Lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Contact your professor.

In many classes, taking the final is a requirement for completion so it would be an incomplete. Check with your school to make sure.

At my school all final make up exams are administered through the Dean's office during the 2nd or 3rd week of January (winter break). So approval for a make-up exam has to be done through them. I do know this has happened to a few of my friends and as long as this is the first time something like this has happened (it would be fishy if one mixed up final exam dates three semesters in a row) it usually was not a problem and they were able to make up the exam. I suspect you'll be fine.

I have been in your situation.. Panic and go to the office.

God this takes me back...I never missed a final, but stuff like this happened on critical assignments every now and again.

Just beg the prof for a makeup, preferably in person so it's harder for him to turn you down.