Urgent Decision to make

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gurudoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a slightly different question. I'm asking for my GF who is applying right now for OB/GYN. She thinks she wants to do a GYN ONC fellowship and she got an interview at DMC/Wayne State but she really does not want to live in Detroit. She got an interview at Drexel in Philly but they don't have GYN ONC fellowship but she finds Philly more palatable. My question is this...all other things being equal, how much of an advantage would one have going to DMC over Drexel? She's trying to figure out which to rank higher. Also, would it be virtually impossible to get GYN ONC from Drexel? Looking through the materials it looks like they have placed no one in it since at least 2008. How important are CREOGS compared to where you did residency? If you really had your heart set on this fellowship, which would you choose? Any advantages/ Disadvantages of each?

PS sorry for the redundant post but the match deadline is just around the corner and she's freaking and I want to help her make the right choice for her 3rd rank.

Members don't see this ad.

Solution: Find a new gf. :smuggrin:
Problem solved.

Haha. I'd concur but alas I love her.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude Dexal isnt that bad and Phili>Detroit. Plus its her 3rd so hopefully she gets 1 or 2!

Yeah, I'm hoping she gets 1 or 2 but Drexel just has no Gyn Onc matches all the way back to 07 so that concerns me. I can work anywhere I need to for 4 or 7 years so its immaterial to me basically aside from her ultimately getting a shot at what she wants to do.

The new Gyn Onc attending at Drexel was an attending at Pitt (which is a great Gyn Onc program) and I bet he'll start grooming people into Gyn Onc. It's all good.

Well that is certainly encouraging. Assuming DMC/Wayne State were in Philly, which is the better program for OB GYN? Any insights?

I loved loved loved Drexel. One of the best PD's I met on the interview trail. I want to do MFM and I am ranking it pretty high.

Well that is certainly encouraging. Assuming DMC/Wayne State were in Philly, which is the better program for OB GYN? Any insights?

I loved loved loved Drexel. One of the best PD's I met on the interview trail. I want to do MFM and I am ranking it pretty high.

She did also. Loved Loved it. She's beating herself up over this fellowship thing though. Oh well. Times basically up. I'll have to ask what she decided.

Ding ding times up. She won't tell me what she picked...I'lll pry and post.

After finding out Drexel isn't available for public service loan forgiveness under the IBR plan then I might strongly consider it haha.